What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Fangs

Coach
Right edge early cost us I think. If we were any chance today we had to keep it close early on.

Still, not feeling too bad. We all knew this was a 13+ loss. At full strength we take Melbourne to the wire today.

Flashstep

Juniors
A rough one but it was always going to be with the players we had out and the form Melbourne are in. Big game against the Roosters next week since we get some much needed players back and somehow the Roosters have had a fantastic season despite having a huge amount of setbacks.

Kind of glad we have a bit of a hard run home because we need to get back to the levels we were playing at earlier in the season and playing some good teams will hopefully help us in that department.

Fangs

Coach
The real issue here is just how high IQ the Storm players and the coaching are. They targetted the inexperienced and short centre in real time and exploited it.

We just don't have that in us.

They definitely have us out coached but they have their weaknesses. Their right edge will concede points to us when Cleary returns.

The Realist

Juniors
Edwards had a bad game, we desperately need it not to become something more because we don’t have another option we could win a premiership with.

Staines should go back to Cup to find something to offer this team. Naden shouldn’t ever play centre. But both of these things should have been known before this game.

At full strength and Edwards sorted we are fine, the panic is weird.

Wrong. Edwards has been in extremely ordinary form since his injury against the Storm in Round 3. Even his so called 'good games' since have really been just average games for a fullback in a good team. He failed to stand up during the origin period - actually really failed to stand up for us at all since.

I can't accept having such a critical position occupied by a confidence player who is known to have terrible form dips.

Fangs

Coach
On Edwards, big disappointment today. And with the C too.

He has to bounce back because he is plan A. We aren't changing our fullback with the finals in sight.

forby

Juniors
With our full team ( and no Klein) I would be confident we could beat them!
The Storm were the better team today, but they got so many 50/50 calls, a couple of very iffy tries, including one that is a penalty any other time.
Nothing went our way and with Cleary, To’o and JFH back we would win!

chrisD

Coach
Wrong. Edwards has been in extremely ordinary form since his injury against the Storm in Round 3. Even his so called 'good games' since have really been just average games for a fullback in a good team. He failed to stand up during the origin period - actually really failed to stand up for us at all since.

I can't accept having such a critical position occupied by a confidence player who is known to have terrible form dips.
Edwards has played comfortably better than Crichton and Staines in their limited attempts. Staines isn’t playing well enough to hold a wing position. It is too late to try Burton there. Edwards isn’t only the best option, he’s only realistic option.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Edwards has played comfortably better than Crichton and Staines in their limited attempts. Staines isn’t playing well enough to hold a wing position. It is too late to try Burton there. Edwards isn’t only the best option, he’s only realistic option.
Edwards was the worst on the field. If you can't see that then wow

Girds89

Bench
Haha everyone blaming edwards.

Theres a few key reasons we lost and edwards wasnt one of them.

I said during the week we needed to play an actual halfback in falls at 7 because luai and burton arenr organisers. Well that was horribly evident tonight.

We played way way to sideways. Our outside backs and edwards had absolutley no chance to do anything and it was so predictable storm had absolutley no trouble reading everytjing we threw at them.

Sure falls wouldve been thrown to the wolves but i said burton and luai womt get it done in a big game and that proved very true. You can add api and yeo. Wouldve made no difference.

I also said tago needed to be centre.... amazing that he got more involved in 40mins there than critta has all year.

But the main reason we lost was the halves. They just played way to side to side and took all time away from the backs. Wouldnt of mattered if turbo was fb.. melbs had us covered for numbers every time we went wide.

Ivan needs to take the blame. Really really poor coaching. We wouldnt of won with falls but we certainly arent going anywhere come finals time if nath is out and we roll with luai and burton.

People having a go at edwards lol. Was out on his feet from doing triple the amount of work as the other pee hearts. Staines made 5 runs for 17m in 80 mins. That will do me. Absolute embarrasment. Not even having a crack.

We have nothing without nath. Pretty simple really.. but we certainly couldve done better. Our forwards got us down their end enough. Just ivan is clueless and wont llay a halfback at halfback.

Burtons kicking game was also exeptionally poor.

Edwards 5/10. Was exhausted out there few mistakes but never stopped trying. Our attack just created no space for outside men.
Staines 1/10 17m in 80mins. Terrible.
Critta 3/10 refuses to go looking for work all help with tough carries. Good defence at times but still..needs to involve himself way more
Naden 3/10.. had a better 2nd half. Firat half shocking
R jenning 1/10. Shocking
Burtin 4/10..kicking game was rubbish. Played to sideays.
Luai 3/10 see above.
Thought all our forwards went ok tbh. They did enough to get us up the other end to score.

Api and yeo would help sure but the fact is we had terrible direction which was always going to be the case without nathan and a recognised 7.

murraymob

First Grade
Let’s look at the positives we could easily have had that game blow out to 59 but we held in .cleRys game management is defiantly missing from our team .the forwards where good back end of the game we went well
Throw api in there suddenly we get better feild position .The options on the last where programmed .throw Cleary in there and he mixes it up
While I would have preferred to win or a closer score line it was against the storm not the tigers .So heads up everyone onto next week

Kilkenny

Coach
Outclassed as expected but there was some effort there.
Plenty of effort. You can’t make unforced errors against the Storm and not pay the price.

So much went against us and they were very fortunate with a number of there tries. We could have scored a couple more ourselves, some great last ditch defence and some poor execution from us kept us try less till late on.

Some of the negative stuff written here, is just ridiculous and way over the top, not that it surprises me in the least with some.

Smug, one positive was the performance of J’Maine I thought he had a real dig.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Plenty of effort. You can’t make unforced errors against the Storm and not pay the price.

So much went against us and they were very fortunate with a number of there tries. We could have scored a couple more ourselves, some great last ditch defence and some poor execution from us kept us try less till late on.

Some of the negative stuff written here, is just ridiculous and way over the top, not that it surprises me in the least with some.

Smug, one positive was the performance of J’Maine I thought he had a real dig.
Yeah he went well

Latest posts