What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games postponed / Vaccine discussion

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hhmmm...
It's a shame it's come to this.
I'm fortunate. I'm an essential worker and haven't missed a pay check nor a mortgage payment. I've had 5 holidays interrupted or cancelled. And locked down and masked.
But no woe is me as l know others who are barely hanging on.
I know people who are close to losing their business. Cannot pay bills. I know a couple who HAVE lost a flourishing business. Pay bills...ha!
Having to home-school kids and couldn't attend a funeral of one of their fathers. The sacrifices are huge - but if they choose not to be injected with a vaccine that hasent gone thru the safe testing levels they are 'pussys'. Wow.
They are selfish??
In their own body.
To make a decision they don't wish to have it injected.

They don't bag out on those who choose to. They live and let live - but cop shit because they make a personal balanced choice not to be injected with a substance that other countries have pumped in to the rate of 70% of the population and it still doesn't stop the spread.

Personally l never get the flu vaccine because most who get it catch the flu anyway. That's my choice.

By all means get the vaccine. Feel safer. Feel good about yourself. Pat yourself on the back. That's your personal choice. It's your body - but going on the front foot at good people, educated, successful smart people who decide it's not for them....sad.

That's another myth. You DO NOT get the flu. You have an immune response to being injected with a vaccine which mimics flu. If anyone did get a true flu after a vaccine they would have already been incubating from an exposure. Not my opinion, it's medical science.

Centre for Disease Control

Misconceptions about Flu Vaccines​

Can a flu vaccine give you flu?​

No, flu vaccines cannot cause flu illness. Flu vaccines given with a needle (i.e., flu shots) are made with either inactivated (killed) viruses, or with only a single protein from the flu virus. The nasal spray vaccine contains live viruses that are attenuated (weakened) so that they will not cause illness.

Quicksilver

Bench
Hhmmm...
It's a shame it's come to this.
I'm fortunate. I'm an essential worker and haven't missed a pay check nor a mortgage payment. I've had 5 holidays interrupted or cancelled. And locked down and masked.
But no woe is me as l know others who are barely hanging on.
I know people who are close to losing their business. Cannot pay bills. I know a couple who HAVE lost a flourishing business. Pay bills...ha!
Having to home-school kids and couldn't attend a funeral of one of their fathers. The sacrifices are huge - but if they choose not to be injected with a vaccine that hasent gone thru the safe testing levels they are 'pussys'. Wow.
They are selfish??
In their own body.
To make a decision they don't wish to have it injected.

They don't bag out on those who choose to. They live and let live - but cop shit because they make a personal balanced choice not to be injected with a substance that other countries have pumped in to the rate of 70% of the population and it still doesn't stop the spread.

Personally l never get the flu vaccine because most who get it catch the flu anyway. That's my choice.

By all means get the vaccine. Feel safer. Feel good about yourself. Pat yourself on the back. That's your personal choice. It's your body - but going on the front foot at good people, educated, successful smart people who decide it's not for them....sad.

You can keyboard warrior it with the best of them, though.

snout

First Grade
That's another myth. You DO NOT get the flu. You have an immune response to being injected with a vaccine which mimics flu. If anyone did get a true flu after a vaccine they would have already been incubating from an exposure. Not my opinion, it's medical science.

Centre for Disease Control
I didn't say - or mean - they get the flu from the vaccine.

snout

First Grade
The Pulitzer Prize is awarded in the arts. It's possibly the Nobel Prize in medicine that you're thinking of. Interestingly Australia has a Nobel laureate, Dr Peter Doherty, currently living and researching in Brisbane. He won the Nobel prize for his work in immunology. He strongly recommends vaccination against COVID.

There are no five star scientists who believe the earth is flat. Anyone who holds that belief isn't a scientist at all. In fact, the earth is not spherical either - its a geoid, ellipsoid or spheroid (roughly equivalent) - basically an asymmetrical, lumpy shape that approximates a spherical shape.
Pretty sure youre taking the pizz in missing the sarcasm in the list of adjectives for a scientist.

Or at least l hope you are.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’ve never had the flu vaccine because I always felt i would take my chances getting it.

I’ve had this vaccine because we need to stop transmitting it….as too many people are getting it and dying. There is no political will to live with those consequences and we can’t go back to a normal way of life unless at least 70% of us are vaccinated.

That's the only reason I had it. I could have had it the day it was released through work but the situation was settled then. The new strain is a bugger.

Fun Fact - as of today there are 13 people UNDER 40 in intensive care. 7 of those are under 20, 5 under 30 and 1 under 40. There are 54 in ICU in total. So near 25% are in the "it won't get me age bracket" 49 of 54 in ICU had NOT been vaccinated. The other 5 have only had the first shot.

Vaccination works. Not getting vaccinated doesn't.

snout

First Grade
They get the shot.
And sometime during the flu season they 'catch the flu'.

My point being the shot doesn't make one immune - not the shot gave them the flu.

Come on..aren't you one of the 9/15 ?

They get the shot.
And sometime during the flu season they 'catch the flu'.

My point being the shot doesn't make one immune - not the shot gave them the flu.

Come on..aren't you one of the 9/15 ?
You are correct. The flu shot does not stop you getting the flu. It does reduce the symptoms and assists with faster recovery. Pretty much what this vaccine is designed to do.

anyway, anyone choosing not to have it is their choice. If it turns out a very bad choice, well they made the call.

Ads

First Grade
You are correct. The flu shot does not stop you getting the flu. It does reduce the symptoms and assists with faster recovery. Pretty much what this vaccine is designed to do.
This is how it should be sold. Every single government has butchered the message. The batshit crazy qld health chief still (to my knowledge) tells anyone under 40 to not take az.

jc155776

Coach
I'm pro vaccine, fully vaccinated, get the flu shot every year (a short hospital stay after contracting actual flu about 7 years ago made me realise the REAL flu is f**ked, not just another cold) but also against short notice strict panic lockdowns for a handful of cases. Government has had 18 months to improve intensive care units and they've chosen the easier and cheaper option of f**king citizens and private business instead...

Does being pro vaccine and anti lock down make me the black KKK member of this arguement?

shadowboxer

First Grade
This is how it should be sold. Every single government has butchered the message. The batshit crazy qld health chief still (to my knowledge) tells anyone under 40 to not take az.
Beggars belief really doesn’t it.
Similar to the deputy premier, muckraker extraordinaire- and couldn’t wait for the weekend that Origin was on, even though it was played mid week.

PJ

First Grade
I'm pro vaccine, fully vaccinated, get the flu shot every year (a short hospital stay after contracting actual flu about 7 years ago made me realise the REAL flu is f**ked, not just another cold) but also against short notice strict panic lockdowns for a handful of cases. Government has had 18 months to improve intensive care units and they've chosen the easier and cheaper option of f**king citizens and private business instead...

Does being pro vaccine and anti lock down make me the black KKK member of this arguement?
[/QUOTE]

Similar, I had a terrible case of the flu about 12 years ago. Unless you've had it you've no idea how bad a flu can be.

Vaccine for me ever since, never want to be that sick again.

Similar, I had a terrible case of the flu about 12 years ago. Unless you've had it you've no idea how bad a flu can be.

[/QUOTE]
Heard a saying once, if you see a $50 note in your front yard and you've got a cold you'll walk out and get it, if you've got the flu you won't. That was basically saying 99% of people when they say they have the flu actually just have a cold.

Quicksilver

Bench

They can only improve the intensive care units with the money of private citizens and business. We all want tax cuts and here we are.

Eion

First Grade

Heard a saying once, if you see a $50 note in your front yard and you've got a cold you'll walk out and get it, if you've got the flu you won't. That was basically saying 99% of people when they say they have the flu actually just have a cold.
[/QUOTE]
It’s like these people that tell you they have a migraine. I’ve only ever had 1. You can barely friggen speak if you have a migraine…you’ve got a headache biatch.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
My wife has anaphylaxis reaction to dozens of different things including a server reaction to hooping cough vaccine and was under supervision with her Pfizer and was fine don’t use anything as an excuse, you don’t get it because your a pussy simple as that.
You have a greater chance of a condom not working than actually ending up dead from corona

Quicksilver

Bench

Well, that was the health advice until ummm... last week?

It quickly changed to help the Feds to clean the poopy out of their undies. (And because the risk of getting the virus increased significantly in Sydney but not necessarily in Queensland, particularly outside Brisbane)