What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

Fangs

Coach
We need to make some massive decisions regarding players coming back.

Cleary is the key decision. We will get Api and TPJ in. Yeo I'm not sure. Do we pull the trigger on Cleary or hold off?

My feeling is we don't lose any more regular season matches once Cleary returns. But how important is a win next week with our top 4 position set in stone?

unKwn

Juniors
We need to make some massive decisions regarding players coming back.

Cleary is the key decision. We will get Api and TPJ in. Yeo I'm not sure. Do we pull the trigger on Cleary or hold off?

My feeling is we don't lose any more regular season matches once Cleary returns. But how important is a win next week with our top 4 position set in stone?
Api, Yeo, and TPJ are confirmed in. I don't think Cleary will play

murraymob

Coach
Roosters big out JWH suspended 1 game .he is a cheap shot merchant not having him there is great
Does anyone know when JFH started his 14 day quarintine
JWH is pleading not guilty and will go to the judiciary he has had a lot of luck getting out of charges before

WestyLife

First Grade
I think on attacking plays Crichton or Staines should shift to fullback. Let Edwards handle the things he does well in defence and kick returns.

Don't risk Nathan he's needed for finals. Tago centre Naden wing works for me or blood May on that side.

kinghippo

Juniors
I don't want to see Burton and luai in the halves again. It was all good in theory but just hasn't worked.
The team needs as many players back in their positions as we can get to reset our defensive structures.
Burton in the centre's, luai 5/8, give Falls a shot.
I am filthy on Edwards at the moment but as others have mentioned he is the only viable option this season.
Naden and Staines on the wings.
Hopgood was good enough to keep a spot in front of Spencer but there isn't a lot of room left.
Hopefully we can get some good energy out of tpj and the returning players.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Brent Naden
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Paul Momorovski
5. Taylan May
6. Jerome Luai
7. Matt Burton (Swap roles....Give Burton the reins...let Jerome play his natural game)
8. Moses Leota
9. Api Koroisou
10. Liam Martin
11. Bill Kikau
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Mitch Kenny
15. Scott Sorenson
16. TPJ
17. Izack Tago

18. Spencer Leniu
19. Charlie Staines
20. Jermaine Hopgood
21. Jaemon Salmon

That'd be my 21.

murraymob

Coach
If capewell does not get in a do some of the hard yard we seriously need to look at other options when at full strength

snickers007

Juniors
But merkinster never gets suspended

Hardly the point. We can't control how the refs of MRC treat him. But if Crichton doesn't kick Munster, he can't be charged. Pretty simple stuff.

It was a braindead move all things considered. 60 seconds remaining, blowout scoreline. Nothing to gain from getting that fast play the ball. All he's done is proven to Melbourne that they got him rattled, and he's left us another player short for this weekend.

Girds89

Bench
Dyl
Taylan
Tago
Burton
Naden
Luai
Falls
Leota
Api
Sorensen
Martin
Capes
Yeo

Lenui
Kiks
Tpj
Kenny

Id love to see lenui kiks and tpj on all at once. Would be extremley hard to handle and lots of impact.

Now critta out tago needs to play centre. Him and taylan have a fantastic combo and looked brilliant playing same side in reggies.. they tore teams apart.

Kiks i think needs to be benched. He might be trying harder but some of his defence has been piss weak..if i see him do another shirt grab he can get dropped all together. The amount of times he ends up not at marker and just on the ground out of the ruck blows my mind. Grant and cheese can easily exploit one marker. Kikau needs to get back at marker!!!

Falls deserves a shot. The luai burton experiment just hasnt worked. Burton isnt an organiser and hes looked really uncomfortable in that role. I think we a need to at least try falls before the finals and see how he goes with luai in case nath reinjures the shoulder.

Burton has also been at his best at centre and has been really good in attack there. He really straightens up the attack with brilliant hole running when he wears the 3 jumper.

I think sorensen deserves a start. Hes been brilliant. He can do the hard stuff whilst jwh is on the field than bring on the inpact players and have them target sam walker non stop..

Martin to start in the 2nd row where i yhink hes definitley been his best this year. He has such good leg speed and drive that when he plays wider he often can get one on one with a defender a get really really wuick play the balls to get us momentum. He has still been strong at prop but he cant get isolated and his play the balls have been much slower.