What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

nöyd

Staff member
Wow, cool. Roman could barely get through complete sentences when I last heard him on a mic.

Jono078

Referee
Wow, cool. Roman could barely get through complete sentences when I last heard him on a mic.
He's a much "slower" character now so that probably helps him lol. But yeah he's been fantastic since returning as a heel.

Really wish the whole product was better though. They have potential now with all the superstars on deck, just need to get the right stories and let some characters shine.

he’s an excellent promo now, his tribal chief gimmick suits him to a T. He’s not trying to be the rock anymore, but he uses his huge physique and an almost stoic intensity, matched with a slow but deliberate delivery. Think Jake Roberts, whilst the rest of the company shouted and hollered, he was calmer yet every bit as intense.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Roman Reigns as a heel is incredible.

I've always liked the guy - he's always been a very good worker -, but his heel turn has reinvigorated him.

He is intense, menacing, and brutal.

He uses heel tactics - even though he doesn't need to - simply because he can.

He's the only good thing in WWE atm tbh.

mackdadday

Juniors
WTF is with all these wrestlers using the sleeper as this devastating finisher now? Bayzler, Samoa Joe, Kross. I don't get it. Surely they can come up with something more scary looking.

Valheru

Coach
WTF is with all these wrestlers using the sleeper as this devastating finisher now? Bayzler, Samoa Joe, Kross. I don't get it. Surely they can come up with something more scary looking.
They are trying to mimic MMA

They are trying to legitimise themselves by replicating things like the rear naked choke. That's why we have finishes nowadays by "technical submission".

The problem is kayfabe to that level died 20+ years ago and the average wrestling fan just wants to be entertained.

Big Pete

Referee
Why'd Bray Wyatt get released?
They ran the character into the ground and he was on too much money. Nick Khan is slashing the budget and getting rid of talent they're struggling to get value with is the way to go.

The sad thing is, there were a couple of times where Bray was a real money spinner and they absolutely destroyed it with several bad matches and angles.

At least we never got Bray in drag vs. Finn Balor...

...god damn I love Pro Wrestling.

What's surprising is that even while out on the shelf, Wyatt was one of the top merchandise movers. That tends to make you a rather valuable commodity in the WWE, but I guess the returns could not be justified for the expense.

It will be interesting to see his next move, as he was very much tied in with the Bray Wyatt character. Unlike someone like a Brodie Lee who had worked outside WWE prior to his release so had some name recognition to fall back on, Wyatt was a pure WWE product coming through FCW and NXT. It would be almost a given that he will be in AEW, but how he is billed and whether they make the "obvious" move of having him take over the Dark Order remains to be seen.

Jono078

Referee
Ending of Raw...

I'm happy for that situation to happen - but the timing of it is very off IMO. It feels like a direct response to pressure from AEW and perhaps the beginning of the NFL season.

WWE feeling the heat. The wrestling wars are back bay bay.

It was a feel good moment, but how long will it last? The previous feel good moment was Kofi Kingston, and that feels like a lifetime ago (and he's never been in the title picture again).

Someone2

Juniors
1st PPV since he won the title and big E Isn’t even on the card

clear sign he’s run will be treated lIke a mid card / tag title run ( where he does everything with new day)

l wanted him to be treated like a serious champ he will lose the title before new year