What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

WestyLife

First Grade
We wouldn't of trained the week before the Parra game due to short turnaround from SOO.

We won that game with Tyrone May at 7 and Edwards out.

We have struggled to keep the same 17 on the park this year for various reasons. Have we played the same 17 for 3 straight games?

We have used 3 fullbacks
4 halves combinations
3 hookers
Hell Kenny has played more games than Api yet we have lost only 3 games.

All of that disruption yet Yeo, Cleary and To'o haven't lost a game for us.
Api has lost only the Sharks game
Last weeks game was Luai's 1st loss this year

On the back of only losing 2 games last year...

So yes we are a great side. You don't have to win 30-0 every week to be a great side.

Good sides get the job done regardless.. Only a fool will say that we haven't done that over the past 2 seasons

Nothing wrong with this comment.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nothing wrong with this comment.

Exactly. Not sure what people expect.

Game was on Sunday.
Players would of arrived Monday. Gone to get checked out by the High Performance staff.
Usually they then get a couple of days off due to the intensity of the Origin Camp.
Then would come back for Captains run day before the game.

We won the game and the next 2. That is the main thing score are irrelevant going through the period.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes westy we didnt train the week before parra game hahahah. Players played ps4 all week. Lol..

What excuse next!

You are really an idiot. I thought it was just an act.

The Origin guys had a full week training. Played when the rest of the squad had a break. The rest of the squad would of training in this time just not training as a whole side

Why would they get a off the plane and go straight into training? Then be expected to train like normal for 4 days until the game?

It happens often. When JFH left for the birth of his child he would have a few days off and do captains run only.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yes westy we didnt train the week before parra game hahahah. Players played ps4 all week. Lol..

What excuse next!

Pretty sure I remember Ivan mentioned something about lack of sessions around the time. Maybe not none but close enough. The rest is pretty fair. Only point of contention is you can't expect no injuries.

Girds89

Bench
You are really an idiot. I thought it was just an act.

The Origin guys had a full week training. Played when the rest of the squad had a break. The rest of the squad would of training in this time just not training as a whole side

Why would they get a off the plane and go straight into training? Then be expected to train like normal for 4 days until the game?

It happens often. When JFH left for the birth of his child he would have a few days off and do captains run only.
Origin was sunday night.

No different to playing a sunday and backing up for a thursday or friday game. Which happens throughout the season.

You think they didnt train at all after getting back on monday arvo?

They wouldve done recovery sessions. Light team runs and light ball sessions. As per normal for a sunday backing up short. Wasnt like the whole team played origin either!

But the point is you keep making excuses. Whens it going to stop. You just cant admit you were wrong about us with nath out..

Ive enjoyed reading the crap you post.. as i said the other day you are normally pretty spot on but god its been a laugh the last month or so..

Youve changed tone every week to try justify nath not being in the team.

You even said tonight weve stuggled to keep same 17 on the field this year even tho weve been the 3rd most fortunate in the comp injury wise.

Call me an idiot or whatever you like franklin. Please just keep providing the crap excuses for us being crap with nath out.

Its a laugh.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pretty sure I remember Ivan mentioned something about lack of sessions around the time. Maybe not none but close enough. The rest is pretty fair. Only point of contention is you can't expect no injuries.

Would of been the same with the Warriors game. You won't have the Origin guys train just rest and recover and turn up and play.

Give it a couple of weeks for timing to come back and we will be firing near 100%

Girds89

Bench
Would of been the same with the Warriors game. You won't have the Origin guys train just rest and recover and turn up and play.

Give it a couple of weeks for timing to come back and we will be firing near 100%
Go read some posts you and betcats made in 2018.

Lucky we had gus and not you two.

Both wrote off cleary like he was kyle flanno and talked about dean blore replacing cleary🤣🤣🤣

Same dean blore who got let go by penrith emus in rah rah.. the worst union team in the history of shute shield.

franklin2323

Immortal
Origin was sunday night.

No different to playing a sunday and backing up for a thursday or friday game. Which happens throughout the season.

You think they didnt train at all after getting back on monday arvo?

They wouldve done recovery sessions. Light team runs and light ball sessions. As per normal for a sunday backing up short. Wasnt like the whole team played origin either!

But the point is you keep making excuses. Whens it going to stop. You just cant admit you were wrong about us with nath out..

Ive enjoyed reading the crap you post.. as i said the other day you are normally pretty spot on but god its been a laugh the last month or so..

Youve changed tone every week to try justify nath not being in the team.

You even said tonight weve stuggled to keep same 17 on the field this year even tho weve been the 3rd most fortunate in the comp injury wise.

Call me an idiot or whatever you like franklin. Please just keep providing the crap excuses for us being crap with nath out.

Its a laugh.

Do you think a side on a 5 day turn around does a full week of training?

Players used and games missed are 2 totally different things. Again you aren't very good at comprehension

Burton has played 17 games. Only 5 of those in the halves.

May has played 17. Only started in 5 games

Plenty of guys have only missed a couple of games. Like Crichton but covered several positions again it means instead of bringing in a new guy at FB. You can bring Naden or someone again.

The spine has played 4 games together. Has missed plenty of game time but with May coverin

Edwards played 13
Cleary played 12
Api played 10

You seem to be the only one to mistake me saying 'we can cover Cleary' into we won't miss him'

5 weeks ago he was injured. We have lost one game only in that time which there were a stack of others out too...

That seems pretty well covered to me. He comes back with the team still running 2nd as it was when he got injured.

That is a great outcome really

Girds89

Bench
Do you think a side on a 5 day turn around does a full week of training?

Players used and games missed are 2 totally different things. Again you aren't very good at comprehension

Burton has played 17 games. Only 5 of those in the halves.

May has played 17. Only started in 5 games

Plenty of guys have only missed a couple of games. Like Crichton but covered several positions again it means instead of bringing in a new guy at FB. You can bring Naden or someone again.

The spine has played 4 games together. Has missed plenty of game time but with May coverin

Edwards played 13
Cleary played 12
Api played 10

You seem to be the only one to mistake me saying 'we can cover Cleary' into we won't miss him'

5 weeks ago he was injured. We have lost one game only in that time which there were a stack of others out too...

That seems pretty well covered to me. He comes back with the team still running 2nd as it was when he got injured.

That is a great outcome

Haha the great franklin strikes again.

You actually contradict all your own posts..

One week its burton will fit in seamlessley with luai.. luai used to be a 7... burtons the perfect foil... we wont notice the loss of cleary....

Now its awww burtons only played 5 games in the halves.....

Keep the excuses coming.. wheres dean blore these days? Is nath a good hooker yet? Ahh wait hes the best player and half back in the game.

Keep up the good work franklin.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah Franklin is pretty great. Don't always agree with him but that'd be weird.

I am all up for debate. Keeps the place going here but when nothing is brought to the conversation wow.

We are 3-1 with a bye since Cleary got injured...That is all that matters.

How well or bad we play now is irrelevant because we stay Top 3 and fit we will make the GF which is the aim of the season

DinkyDi

Juniors
I am all up for debate. Keeps the place going here but when nothing is brought to the conversation wow.

How well or bad we play now is irrelevant because we stay Top 3 and fit we will make the GF which is the aim of the season
I honestly think that Ivan, and co, will work on bringing the subs up to tune, so the disruption will be minimal during next years SOS period. Also, apart from Kurt, who else can cover the halves?

franklin2323

Immortal
I honestly think that Ivan, and co, will work on bringing the subs up to tune, so the disruption will be minimal during next years SOS period. Also, apart from Kurt, who else can cover the halves?

Well we won't have Capewell here next year. Api won't get picked so that already will help next year come Origin time

Smug Panther

First Grade

We have done what's needed result wise but the form of Luai is really concerning. He's had it tough playing with so many out but wow I'd give him 2/10 for the period.

martielang

Bench
I kind of get Capewell at centre tbh. It’s a defensive play but makes some sense given we leaked points last week. Time for a scrap lads!

franklin2323

Immortal
We have done what's needed result wise but the form of Luai is really concerning. He's had it tough playing with so many out but wow I'd give him 2/10 for the period.

You can take this period with a grain of salt though. different role, Being injured, reduced training as a side and so on.

Of course there is plenty Nathan brings to the team but the main thing we had to cover was the 500 kicking metres a game. I can't remember us struggling for field position in any of the games. That is a win for the side while it doesn't look pretty it is the stuff that is needed.

The Flair and all of that will be back once the team gets back to a routine and some form

Latest posts