What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm owner wants to buy the GF

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don't have a problem with this.

QLD got all 3 origin games. Melbourne lost their origin game. And money wise it's daylight between the revenue that is possible if Melbourne hosted it versus Brisbane. That said, it's unlikely any NSW people will be able to attend the game, so not sure what a turnout Victorian's would provide.

JamesRustle

First Grade

QLD got all 3 origin games. Melbourne lost their origin game. And money wise it's daylight between the revenue that is possible if Melbourne hosted it versus Brisbane. That said, it's unlikely any NSW people will be able to attend the game, so not sure what a turnout Victorian's would provide.
On second thoughts, keep this super spreader event in the northern states or NZ.

moffla

Bench
Big yes to this for two reasons. Firstly it would piss a lot of people of and two, it would be one hell of a homecoming if we were to make it.

Obviously QLD is preferred for most, but I see no reasons why it shouldn't be held in Victoria if the situation lends itself to it.

some11

Referee
QLD won't have delta under control.

Storm should be allowed to win the premiership at home.

sempmrh

Juniors
It would be nice to be able to walk to a grand final instead of having to pay an absurd amount of money on flights, accommodation and other expenses.

The_Frog

First Grade
QLD won't have delta under control.

Storm should be allowed to win the premiership at home.
And they call us smug.

I don't particularly care, but the NRL don't need middlemen skimming them, Vlandys is perfectly capable of negotiating for himself.

Jamberoo

Juniors

Match day revenue would depend on ticket prices. In either Brisbane or Melbourne you would be able to charge double the usual GF prices. In Melbourne we are used to the AFL GF cheapest ticket being over $300, so I reckon $150 might be about right for the cheap seats if Storm are playing. If not, it would be a disaster at the MCG. Not sure if the AFL would allow it at Marvel, but 40k - 50k there would work. Or 30k @ AAMI.