What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Brisbane @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Randall has the record for most tackles on debut right? Brailey is the most tackles this season.

If Randall can pass crisp off the ground, I'm sure he will do a fine job.

Apey

Staff member
So much for having our full strength team back.

What was the point of bringing Brailey back on against the Raiders if he’s being rested now..

Chris Randall returning from a broken arm right? Will be surprised if he plays more than 40-50 minutes
To win the game I guess. Worth resting him if needed against the lowest placed of the rest of our opposition.

Rod

Bench
Kind of an odd buildup with the short turnaround. Would be great to get the win out of the way early and enjoy the weekend.

Bookies have us as heavy favourites which makes me nervous. But with basically a full strength team apart from Brailey (I assume Pearce is playing) there are no excuses now.

Tom155

Coach

Josh King drops out of the squad, leaving Phoenix Crossland as the side's 18th man.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon comes into the starting side, with Mitch Barnett moving into the middle and pushing Connor Watson to the bench.

Josh King drops out of the squad, leaving Phoenix Crossland as the side's 18th man.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon comes into the starting side, with Mitch Barnett moving into the middle and pushing Connor Watson to the bench.
What a joke . No way did King deserve to be dropped and Fitz definitely didn't deserve to be brought back in

K-Man

Bench
One of those games where you hope AOB has got them confident without being complacent. If we start with intensity, don't do anything stupid, defend well and take our opportunities in the first 20 minutes, I could see us winning quite comfortably. But if we're scrappy early and get dragged down to their level (which often seems to happen against teams we should beat, like the Tigers) then it could be one of those typically frustrating losses, especially if we fade at the end following the short turnaround. We are much better than the Broncos, and we should play like it, but first we need to break their spirit with an aggressive start.

Old dog

Juniors
Crossland selection smacks of doubts to Pearce’s fitness, but it’s a good idea, why take the chance. Can’t understand Fitz for King when we have Jones on the bench which is now likely to be Fitz, Jones, Crosslands, Watson.

Yosh

Coach
Didn't you guys see the recent article where Fitzy's dad made a very public announcement that regardless of Fitzy's position in the squad, the club will still get the sponsorship money? Clearly that has nothing to do with this.

K-Man

Bench
I'll give AOB the benefit of the doubt and say this probably has more to do with how we want to play and how he wants to use Barnett, as opposed to being a direct contest between the form of King vs Fitz. Clearly the former has does nothing to get dropped, and the latter has done nothing to suggest he will offer much more than being a body on the field. It has to be tactical. Fitz will be Fitz, but if Barny has a stormer in the middle (possibly moving back to the edge later?) I could just about forgive the decision even though it looks strange on paper.

Jono078

Referee
I hope the reason Fitz is back isn't because he had a niggling injury but was in fact dropped.

He needs a big game to repay the faith of being put straight into the starting team. We've not missed him at all.

Burwood

Bench
I like the balance of the side more with Fitz coming in. Feel for King though, he hasn’t done much wrong this year when called upon.

Latest posts