What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Any news on when Luciano is getting punted?

Easily the most frustrating player to watch on your team. He has single-handedly ruined many of my Sunday afternoons watching football this year.

If it was a year ago Id be devastated. Now I wouldnt care. Blokes been utter trash the second half of the year. I rate Garner ahead of him atm, and I rate a plastic deck chair ahead of Garner.

stryker

First Grade
Eh I love Woodsy so would absolutely want him back, but he'd have to play out of his skin and be a leader amongst men if it happened. Not just another Tamou plodder. He'd be better value than Packer right now.

In regards to Mbye, can we fans chip in a GoFundMe to foot the bill to get rid of him much cheaper?
Your second paragraph is perplexing..we’ll circle back to that…What the hell are you talking about with Woods? He is EXACTLY the wrong pickup for this club and will achieve none of what you wish. Signing him would prove that no prick within this organisation has learnt a thing the past 10 years.

stryker

First Grade
Any news on when Luciano is getting punted?

Easily the most frustrating player to watch on your team. He has single-handedly ruined many of my Sunday afternoons watching football this year.
I know you were hoping this was a good troll post but I reckon you will find that most WTs fans agree with you. The bloke is only ocassionally a decent player.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Your second paragraph is perplexing..we’ll circle back to that…What the hell are you talking about with Woods? He is EXACTLY the wrong pickup for this club and will achieve none of what you wish. Signing him would prove that no prick within this organisation has learnt a thing the past 10 years.

Loved Woodsy from the juniors up. Maybe I'm blinded by having met him several times and him being a class guy always willing to have a chat with the fans.

re: Moses - I hate him that much at the club I'd pay my own cash to help him out. Maybe my pledge for the membership I can't use again this season. Obviously that's not how the cap works, but my point stands.

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS SET TO MAKE PLAY FOR KNIGHTS UTILITY

The Tigers are reportedly interested in signing Knights utility Connor Watson as a replacement for the Dragons bound Moses Mbye.

The Australian’s Brent Read reported on Triple M that while the Knights are still the frontrunners for Watson’s signature, the Tigers are set to make a play for his services.

“The Knights had a meeting with Connor Watson scheduled for last week and that meeting went ahead with Newcastle about his future,” Read said on Triple M.

“He is off-contract at the end of this year and the Knights are confident they will keep him, but they are bracing for other clubs to come in for him.

“The club they think is going to make a move for Connor Watson is the Wests Tigers and the reason for that is Moses Mbye is currently at the Wests Tigers filling that utility role.

“He is headed to the Dragons next year and the Knights thought whichever club didn’t have Moses Mbye next year would make a play for Connor Watson out of the Tigers and the Dragons.

“It is going to the be Tigers. The Knights are still confident they will keep Watson, but they are concerned.

“They are looking over their shoulders and they expect the Tigers to make a move sooner rather than later for Connor Watson.

“He is an important player for the Knights and a very popular member of the squad. He is close to Kalyn Ponga because they live together.”

The 25-year-old has scored 23 tries in 98 games for the Roosters and Knights since his debut back in 2016.

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS TIPPED FOR OFF-SEASON SHAKE-UP IN BID TO LAND BIG NAME

The Tigers may look to offload Luke Brooks in the off-season in a bid to produce some money to spend in their salary cap.

The Australian’s Brent Read Rreported on Triple M that Moses Mbye is set to join the Dragons, but the Tigers will still have to pay a lot of his salary and the club wants to sign a big name desperately after missing out on Tevita Pangai Jr among other stars this season.

“The Tigers have got some money to spend and they have had a lash at a few players now and missed them,” Read said on Triple M.

“They need some sort of kill.

“Jackson Hastings can also play the utility role, depending on what happens with Luke Brooks at the end of the year.

“That is the big if what happens with Luke Brooks. I think at the end of the year they are going to have to make a decision about Luke Brooks on whether they keep him or let him go.

“Brooks has some value in the market place. You wouldn’t have to pay a lot of his wage, which is what they are going to have to do with Moses Mbye.

“He is going to the Dragons next year on around $450,000 and that leaves $400,000 left over that the Tigers are going to have to carry in their salary cap.

“You wouldn’t have that problem with Luke Brooks and it just feels like it is not working there.

“In the off-season I expect some change at the Wests Tigers. We see that already with Moses Mbye and Russell Packer will leave.

“They are the last of those big contracts that Madge inherited. They are the last two guys of that era.”

Hoofhearted

Juniors
TIGERS SET TO MAKE PLAY FOR KNIGHTS UTILITY

The Tigers are reportedly interested in signing Knights utility Connor Watson as a replacement for the Dragons bound Moses Mbye.

The Australian’s Brent Read reported on Triple M that while the Knights are still the frontrunners for Watson’s signature, the Tigers are set to make a play for his services.

“The Knights had a meeting with Connor Watson scheduled for last week and that meeting went ahead with Newcastle about his future,” Read said on Triple M.

“He is off-contract at the end of this year and the Knights are confident they will keep him, but they are bracing for other clubs to come in for him.

“The club they think is going to make a move for Connor Watson is the Wests Tigers and the reason for that is Moses Mbye is currently at the Wests Tigers filling that utility role.

“He is headed to the Dragons next year and the Knights thought whichever club didn’t have Moses Mbye next year would make a play for Connor Watson out of the Tigers and the Dragons.

“It is going to the be Tigers. The Knights are still confident they will keep Watson, but they are concerned.

“They are looking over their shoulders and they expect the Tigers to make a move sooner rather than later for Connor Watson.

“He is an important player for the Knights and a very popular member of the squad. He is close to Kalyn Ponga because they live together.”

The 25-year-old has scored 23 tries in 98 games for the Roosters and Knights since his debut back in 2016.
This is sneaky reporting, I listened to this on Triple M and Ready clearly stated that it was the Knights who suggested that the Tigers may be interested in Watson as they were letting Mbye go, and they may have a fight to keep him. He said that the Tigers have not mentioned Watson at any stage.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Could just be media BS, but I like this.

Hastings at 7, Watson at 6 and Douihi to the centres.
Sure the Tigers would like Conner Watson. Would he like to come to the Tigers? Don't think so.
As for Brooks going to another team I reckon we will still be reading story's saying the same thing over the years to come. I would definitely put that down to media BS

stryker

First Grade
This is sneaky reporting, I listened to this on Triple M and Ready clearly stated that it was the Knights who suggested that the Tigers may be interested in Watson as they were letting Mbye go, and they may have a fight to keep him. He said that the Tigers have not mentioned Watson at any stage.
Yeah just pure speculation

Tigerm

First Grade
It's hard to trust any of them anymore.

Das Hassler

Bench
It's hard to trust any of them anymore.

RL journos are like towies spreading oil at intersections....they don't care one bit about the damage and injury...it's just work for them. While on the subject of RL commentary Mick Ennis is a total donut...that he gets paid for his imbecilic blathering is just astonishing.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

TIGERS TIPPED FOR OFF-SEASON SHAKE-UP IN BID TO LAND BIG NAME

The Tigers may look to offload Luke Brooks in the off-season in a bid to produce some money to spend in their salary cap.

The Australian’s Brent Read Rreported on Triple M that Moses Mbye is set to join the Dragons, but the Tigers will still have to pay a lot of his salary and the club wants to sign a big name desperately after missing out on Tevita Pangai Jr among other stars this season.

“The Tigers have got some money to spend and they have had a lash at a few players now and missed them,” Read said on Triple M.

“They need some sort of kill.

“Jackson Hastings can also play the utility role, depending on what happens with Luke Brooks at the end of the year.

“That is the big if what happens with Luke Brooks. I think at the end of the year they are going to have to make a decision about Luke Brooks on whether they keep him or let him go.

“Brooks has some value in the market place. You wouldn’t have to pay a lot of his wage, which is what they are going to have to do with Moses Mbye.

“He is going to the Dragons next year on around $450,000 and that leaves $400,000 left over that the Tigers are going to have to carry in their salary cap.

“You wouldn’t have that problem with Luke Brooks and it just feels like it is not working there.

“In the off-season I expect some change at the Wests Tigers. We see that already with Moses Mbye and Russell Packer will leave.

“They are the last of those big contracts that Madge inherited. They are the last two guys of that era.”
It is interesting to at least think about WT potential fortunes without Brooks in the side.

I have personally always defended him but I heard someone say on radio or TV recently that 'Brooks is not the sort of player who would put the team up on his shoulders in the dying stages and carry them to victory." I can't think of a game where he has ever done that (with his debut being the exception).

It would be interesting to know what WT win % is in matches where Brooks has NOT played since 2013 when he debuted. Does anyone know how to access that type of stat?

stryker

First Grade
I heard someone say on radio or TV recently that 'Brooks is not the sort of player who would put the team up on his shoulders in the dying stages and carry them to victory.‘
There has been more than a few of us saying this since his second season in the top grade. The point that some are only beginning to agree is quite baffling to me.
There has always been this chasm between his supporters and his critics about whether he can play. That’s never been the point. He is a first grade footballer…he is not a leader nor a controlling halfback. We desperately need one.

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m on my iPad atm, if you look at the “latest posts” on the right, there is a post to sack Griffin from the Drags? I didn’t read it, but it’s good to know footy never stops and fans are the same everywhere? 😂

Fordy20

Juniors
It is interesting to at least think about WT potential fortunes without Brooks in the side.

I have personally always defended him but I heard someone say on radio or TV recently that 'Brooks is not the sort of player who would put the team up on his shoulders in the dying stages and carry them to victory." I can't think of a game where he has ever done that (with his debut being the exception).

It would be interesting to know what WT win % is in matches where Brooks has NOT played since 2013 when he debuted. Does anyone know how to access that type of stat?
You could troll Madunit's website and figure it out.

Let me get you started:

All Tigers matches 2014-2021

All Luke Brooks Tigers matches 2014-2021

Tigers1986

Juniors
RL journos are like towies spreading oil at intersections....they don't care one bit about the damage and injury...it's just work for them. While on the subject of RL commentary Mick Ennis is a total donut...that he gets paid for his imbecilic blathering is just astonishing.

100% - Ennis will happily lay the boot into us, weekly, yet goes eerily silent when his Raiders get brought up. Who was doing recruitment at Fox the day they gave he and Braith Anasta paid employment?

Latest posts