What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Spazer

Juniors
It's a 3 or 4 club race and by quite a margin. The chasm between good and bad this year is like we have never seen before.
Yep. Without injuries it's between Melb and Panthers, with Manly being a small chance. The other teams have no shot.

Gotta say the football has been hard to watch this year, I'm at the point where I barely watch more than 2 games a week.

Kylez3

Juniors
Dragons: makes a break every second time they go to Lomax and Ravalawa (Through Clune)

Also Dragons: goes to Lomax and Ravalawa three times the whole game.

God Norman is a f**king waste of space. f**king overcalling his hand for the ball to sent to his edge and McCollouch who also offers nothing in attack, is a moron for happily obliging and ignoring Clune.

I can't stomach the sight of Corey Norman anymore.

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
An admirable effort in defence and the stats (though not the viewing) suggest a similarly admirable effort in attack.

But "admirable" just doesn't cut it under these new rules. The top teams are top because they have game breakers that can use the momentum afforded by these rule changes to decimate their opposition.

Meanwhile our recruitment, team selection and game plans are all seemingly based on winning a dour arm wrestle.

Dragon David mentioned Trent Merrin in another thread. Merrin had the sense to recognise that the game had left him behind.

Tonight's match is the clearest example yet that Hook should probably be asking himself the same question.

mickeylane

Bench
I made the same prediction to south’s v storm and I’m very confident that will be the case

Watching the Bunnies play tonight, is like comparing a Ferrari to our team being a Tonga Toy truck.
They are a pleasure to watch with speed across the park, generated by a zippy and threatening No.9
My prediction early in the season was a Storm vs South’s GF.
I believe 2 great coaches will battle it out this year.
aud

Maddragon99

Juniors
Our tactics were terrible tonight. No early ball out wide. Bird tried but he’s obviously no fullback.

JdB was massive in the middle playing 80mins. Lawrie & McGuire were good. It was poor ball control, way too many errors & penalties. We started the second half poorly & never recovered.

No creativity in attack which I attribute to Griffin. What a terrible season it’s turned out to be.

Gaygo

Juniors
Our tactics were terrible tonight. No early ball out wide. Bird tried but he’s obviously no fullback.

JdB was massive in the middle playing 80mins. Lawrie & McGuire were good. It was poor ball control, way too many errors & penalties. We started the second half poorly & never recovered.

No creativity in attack which I attribute to Griffin. What a terrible season it’s turned out to be.
Unfortunately they will find it to win another game the way they are playing. I believe they have well and truly put the cue firmly back in the rack!!

Illusion

Bench
An admirable effort in defence and the stats (though not the viewing) suggest a similarly admirable effort in attack.

But "admirable" just doesn't cut it under these new rules. The top teams are top because they have game breakers that can use the momentum afforded by these rule changes to decimate their opposition.

Meanwhile our recruitment, team selection and game plans are all seemingly based on winning a dour arm wrestle.

Dragon David mentioned Trent Merrin in another thread. Merrin had the sense to recognise that the game had left him behind.

Tonight's match is the clearest example yet that Hook should probably be asking himself the same question.
Yep he seems to be coaching as he did in the past and signing players from his past ..... Doesn't cut the mustard anymore .....

Maddragon99

Juniors
Will be lucky to win one more this year and will end up lower than last. That's not a tick next to Griffin's name. A lot more should have been achieved this year, suspensions or not. Looks like a desperate man.
I 100% agree. Griffin, Elliott & Gentle have failed. Our tactics are terrible but it’s all the fundamental errors we continue to make that’s got me terrified. Where does the improvement come from if we can’t hold the ball?

thebigredv

First Grade
I 100% agree. Griffin, Elliott & Gentle have failed. Our tactics are terrible but it’s all the fundamental errors we continue to make that’s got me terrified. Where does the improvement come from if we can’t hold the ball?

You actually had to try really hard to miss the 8 this year and we will end up closer to 16, probably as low as 13. That's a flat out fail to the coaching staff, say what you want about the mess they picked up, it's just a horrible result for a once proud and competitive club.

Losing respect for the way he defends performances like tonight. The Raiders were dreadful and now we have another coach trying to have us believe that isn't the case and we can "build on it" next week. The panthers will tear us a new one, Griffin knows it, you know and I know it. I don't appreciate patronising spiels that treat the fans as if they don't know what they've witnessed the past 15 matches.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Dragons: makes a break every second time they go to Lomax and Ravalawa (Through Clune)

Also Dragons: goes to Lomax and Ravalawa three times the whole game.

God Norman is a f**king waste of space. f**king overcalling his hand for the ball to sent to his edge and McCollouch who also offers nothing in attack, is a moron for happily obliging and ignoring Clune.

I can't stomach the sight of Corey Norman anymore.

This.

Trifili13

Juniors
It's obvious to all of us from the comments on the forum that our playing squad is poor quality from the basic mistakes made week after week. Don't know what happens and what is said behind closed doors at training but I am sure Hook also knows it. He has to say something at the press conferences. Although he would be telling the truth, he can't come out and say what basically every person on the forum is saying.

Apart from Rava, I am yet to see one of our backs bend the line when they run or show speed to get outside their man. While I agree it is hard to shine in a weak team, I don't get the enthusiasm about our juniors. Sloan has been OK but the rest to me seem average so far. From the more optimistic supporters all I hear is give them game time, give them another offseason to put on more size, etc. When I see other teams juniors make debut they are ready to play first grade.

Latest posts