What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R21 Sat - Sydney 14-20 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 21: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
If Burton stays he's a centre in the short term and a backrower in the longer term. Also a fair backup half.
From a few years ago, I saw much more in Burton than Luai. Have had running arguments since. Now that we are losing him, it is very unfortunate. Maybe after his stint at Belmore, he'll hopefully come back home.

Valheru

Coach
They still have that nuisance factor that if they are in the finals, anything can happen.

We look like we are in a collision course with manly for week 2 of the finals regardless of who finishes 4th and gets to lose to Melbourne in week 1.

I'm not sure we have enough to beat them at full strength with all our outs.

Valheru

Coach
Tedesco is definitely in decline now. There have been signs of it all season but now he's got the Gallen/Farrah syndrome of getting in the way of everything. He's lost something.

I don't buy this for a second. He has tried a bit too hard at times this year as he doesn't trust the halves.

He has also single handedly won us 3 games I can think of and at last count easily leads our player of the year tally.

GongPanther

Referee
We look like we are in a collision course with manly for week 2 of the finals regardless of who finishes 4th and gets to lose to Melbourne in week 1.

I'm not sure we have enough to beat them at full strength with all our outs.
It's amazing what experience dishes up in the games that matter. Easts were coming back at us bad and hard, and the inexperienced factor in our side was not handling it at all. In fact, it seemed like nobody in our side had the influence to calm us down and take us forward like Cleary usually does.

In saying all that shit, Easts will have that particular x-factor when they hit the semis. Teams that have been there know the way forward.

I don't buy this for a second. He has tried a bit too hard at times this year as he doesn't trust the halves.

He has also single handedly won us 3 games I can think of and at last count easily leads our player of the year tally.
This was my assumption during Origin III when everyone bagged him. I thought he was just trying too hard because he knew the halves sucked. As time goes on though, it seems to happen more often. Also looks like he's slowing down which wouldn't surprise me given his injury history. I'm not saying he's done as a player, just that I think we've seen his best.

chrisD

Coach
What are your thoughts in the no sin bin after the leg pull on Hutch after he made a line break?
Unlucky to be penalised wasn’t he? He was off him very fast and allowed a quick play the ball. Why would you bring that up in relation to JWH’s purposefully holding down preventing the play the ball after multiple calls of held and on the back of multiple purposeful ruck infringements to slow down the play the ball and reset the defensive line in attacking position with no care to having 6 agains called against them?

Your team’s been cheating, tonight for once the penalty fit the crime, suck shit.

ODC

Juniors
Unlucky to be penalised wasn’t he? He was off him very fast and allowed a quick play the ball. Why would you bring that up in relation to JWH’s purposefully holding down preventing the play the ball after multiple calls of held and on the back of multiple purposeful ruck infringements to slow down the play the ball and reset the defensive line in attacking position with no care to having 6 agains called against them?

Your team’s been cheating, tonight for once the penalty fit the crime, suck shit.
I hope this is how the pamfs storm gf is reffed tbh

Valheru

Coach
Unlucky to be penalised wasn’t he? He was off him very fast and allowed a quick play the ball.

That's irrelevant.

The ref deemed it a leg pull after a line break. It has to be a sin bin but Penrith benefit yet again from the inconsistency of the refs.