What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Canterbury @ Moreton Daily Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Must admit I turned the channel. From what I saw we were shocking.
Good to see the boys managed a win. Hooray.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Mbye just has to go. Those errors he made, the poor defensive reads, I just want him gone, now. He can be ballboy for the last 4 games.

Front-Rower

First Grade
My eyes are still burning after watching that yesterday. That was bad and the standard overall was horrible. Right up there with the Brisbane game from a few weeks back. Yuck

Tigerm

First Grade
It was a scrappy game, but the Dogs have had close loses to a few of the top sides this year? Agree, they are last, but we still had to beat them and we did.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
It was a scrappy game, but the Dogs have had close loses to a few of the top sides this year? Agree, they are last, but we still had to beat them and we did.
Don’t excuse this poor team. It’s the type of mediocrity that’s engrained into the clubs culture

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm worried that they will have the mind set that they just have to play similar next week and we will get a repeat of the Leichhardt game.

Tigerm

First Grade
Don’t excuse this poor team. It’s the type of mediocrity that’s engrained into the clubs culture
Not excusing anything, as much as you may hate it, we are a tiny chance of making the 8, we had to win and we did.

Looking at the ladder, we are not the worst team in the comp.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Not excusing anything, as much as you may hate it, we are a tiny chance of making the 8, we had to win and we did.

I would give my left nut to sneak into the top 8 and get belted 40-6 in the first week of finals

however after yesterday’s uninspiring win I think realistically we will have the joy of 1 more win this year , against the team that was more of a steaming pile of dog shit than us yesterday

Tigerm

First Grade
I would give my left nut to sneak into the top 8 and get belted 40-6 in the first week of finals

however after yesterday’s uninspiring win I think realistically we will have the joy of 1 more win this year , against the team that was more of a steaming pile of dog shit than us yesterday
You may well be right, but right now the maths don’t lie, we have that chance, anything can happen.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
One highlight I took out of this game was that when Cini came on I watched him rather than what was happening with the ball. He covered a massive amount of ground allways putting himself in a position to get the ball. In defense he was doing the same thing. Always putting himself in the right position to diffuse a grubber kick or just be in the right place when it came to defending the line. I would like to see him play the whole game for the rest of the season.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Cini. He looked good when I saw him in the lower grades and he killed it in his first game.I also thought he had to be dropped. We need a reserve grade comp to play these guys and then give them more chances when possible.

I reckon we should pick Jake SImpkin in the first grade team but maybe he isn't up to it physically right now.

You can't play them when they make too many mistakes. You got to let them develop that skill in reserve grade and then give then another shot when possible.

stryker

First Grade
One highlight I took out of this game was that when Cini came on I watched him rather than what was happening with the ball. He covered a massive amount of ground allways putting himself in a position to get the ball. In defense he was doing the same thing. Always putting himself in the right position to diffuse a grubber kick or just be in the right place when it came to defending the line. I would like to see him play the whole game for the rest of the season.
That’s good to hear man, hope he gets the chance.

Pezz70

Juniors

We’re shot ducks, next year we’ll go close to the spoon. Gildart will have to be an absolute genius to avert it. I think we have a pack of forwards that may develop, but Tamou has to go his defence in the middle is ordinary, he is slow, was carried last couple of years. He got caught out badly by the bulldogs and the TV cameras. Utiokamanu has talent with ball in hand, but is too big, his profile says 115kg but I’m calling him for 120-125 no trouble at all, he needs drop 10-15kg, he is a defensive liability in the middle when the little blokes get the pill. The stats don’t show it because he didn’t get a hand near a couple of the fellas up the middle cause he is too slow getting back. There is nothing in our future that looks like it’s gonna bear fruit. We need a lock with a bit of mongrel that can play the full 80. Also that game had 5 dogs eligible to play under 20’s, an 8-1 penalty count our way, although restarts were 8-3 against us, and a player in the sin bin, the margin should’ve been greater.

Last edited:

Latest posts