What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

Kilkenny

Coach
Thinking Cleary wont be risked in such as a low profile match against us .
Too valuable to their title chances to risk against us
Lets hope anyway.........
To’o won’t be back before the semis at best He underwent an operation.

Nathan Cleary will be most likely out as well given the talk around the club.

Ben Hunt is out as well and from an outsiders perspective he is for most of the time your best and gutsiest player even if rather maligned.

We had a good win against the Roosters albeit soured by two suspensions to Koroisau and Capewell and injury to Lenui so we’re are kind of back to square one.

Hook was largely popular with the majority of our playing group in his three years at the Panthers, he clearly didn’t appreciate the disruptive influences including Moylan and a few others. He did somewhat lay a platform for the success we currently enjoy even if his efforts weren’t fully appreciated either at the time or now.

Hook inherited a dysfunctional playing group at the Dragons and after a decent start to 2021 things have gone somewhat pear shaped for him. I think he deserves to be judged in what occurs in 2022, where at the very least you would hope to see more consistent improvement across all aspects of the football club.

mickeylane

Bench
Spot on Dave...Burton is an absolute star in the making...if he doesn't make it to the highest levels in the game, i'm a bad judge...

You won't see many young kids start the year in Jersey Flegg, progress to Canterbury Cup and debut in 1st grade, all in the same year, like he did in 2019...

He's 21 years old , 6ft3 and 96 kg...he has speed to burn and is tremendous on his feet, and has an UNBELIEVABLE kicking game...long and short. He possesses every type of kick in the game...long booming torpedoes to deft touch to the in goal.

Some people were saying he might be a centre, but for mine, he's a running, ball playing five eighth...But really, a player like him, you could play anywhere and he'd be heavily involved.

Truly one straight out of the box.
He will stay at Bulldogs for the 2 years and by the end of next season would have agreed to go the Roosters or Eels in 2024 for a $1m! That’s what I think his destiny is..

Dragon David

First Grade

Ben Hunt is out as well and from an outsiders perspective he is for most of the time your best and gutsiest player even if rather maligned.

We had a good win against the Roosters albeit soured by two suspensions to Koroisau and Capewell and injury to Lenui so we’re are kind of back to square one.

Hook was largely popular with the majority of our playing group in his three years at the Panthers, he clearly didn’t appreciate the disruptive influences including Moylan and a few others. He did somewhat lay a platform for the success we currently enjoy even if his efforts weren’t fully appreciated either at the time or now.

Hook inherited a dysfunctional playing group at the Dragons and after a decent start to 2021 things have gone somewhat pear shaped for him. I think he deserves to be judged in what occurs in 2022, where at the very least you would hope to see more consistent improvement across all aspects of the football club.
Appreciate your input Kilkenny, thanks.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the Gould legacy for our club is the way forward.

The whole notion of building a premiership winning side on the back of high profile, expensive recruits is just no longer realistic for clubs are than the chosen few.

Doesn‘t matter whether it is your club, my club or any number of others.

Success in the future for the vast majority of NRL clubs will be off the back of junior pathways, develop your own, hopefully hang onto the best, the cream of the crop and build strong cultures.

We all crave the expensive high profile recruits but in the scheme of things it just doesn’t happen.

The Gould five year plan, was never anything to do with five years, it was just more about the pathways, junior development. We have got lucky, enjoying short term success, might not bring us a premiership but I rather enjoy the winning feeling most weeks. I think that is what your club need to work towards, maybe just need the management, board etc to work towards such a common goal.

blacksafake

First Grade

Thanks mate, enjoy your input when you pop in.

Kilkenny

Coach
Thanks mate, enjoy your input when you pop in.
Generally I don’t often pop in on other fan forums, but I do feel the pain you are going thru particularly given you have a coach who did pretty well in his time with us. I so hope Hook does well, he is a genuinely nice guy, can coach, maybe not in a Bellamy kind of way, but just maybe given time can put you guys on the right track. He’s not going to be at the helm when you achieve your next premiership but if he just gets you going in the right direction he has done his job.

BLM01

First Grade

Well this forum well never fail to surprise :)
Another teams supporter? with a refreshing balanced and commonsense rationale (not once, not twice but 3 times) in regards to commentary on our team and the coach..
I'd say without the emotion
Now because the Panthers are winning it is likely that your forum is all rosy.

But my question is, was your forum like ours was and is now back in your darker days in the last decade when Cleary was first coaching and when Hook first arrived?
BTW..love a refeshing Kilkenny on tap.
Sorry your name made me say that.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well this forum well never fail to surprise :)
Another teams supporter? with a refreshing balanced and commonsense rationale (not once, not twice but 3 times) in regards to commentary on our team and the coach..
I'd say without the emotion
Now because the Panthers are winning it is likely that your forum is all rosy.

But my question is, was your forum like ours was and is now back in your darker days in the last decade when Cleary was first coaching and when Hook first arrived?
BTW..love a refeshing Kilkenny on tap.
Sorry your name made me say that.
We all love the creamy head of a Kilkenny

Crush

Coach
What's the go with Sloan , injured , or is Hook knocking the stuffing out him as well ..... Agree F**K me .....
Why isn’t Sloan at fullback? Injured? If not he has to be selected this game for me.
Why is Norman at 6 if Sullivan is available?
Why is Ellis in the 17 when he has signed with ESL for next year?
WTF is the thinking behind these selections?
I just don’t understand.