What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R22 Fri - Brisbane 20-21 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 22: Brisbane v Sydney

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee

mozza91

Coach
David Mead, Alex Glenn, Adam Keighran, Dale Copley and Danny Levi.

What a grim f**king crew that is.

I believe it is the rule. In the context of a charge down, if rads got the ball there and still contacted Kelly in the same manner it is play on.
Just checked the rules and they are actually quiet on the whole thing (about going for the standing leg); it could be looked at in a couple of areas.
- spearing the legs of an opponent is foul play
- you can tackle a kicker if you start your dive before they kick (it is actually the kickers responsibility to kick before the tackler starts to tackle; ie the onus is on them to kick in good time, rather than the tackler to ensure that the kicker hasnt already kicker).

Of course, there may be some NRL specific by-laws and judiciary charging guidance, but from my reading their doesn't seem to be something specific that Radley did. Still, not a great look and one that can really injure a player.

blaza88z

Coach
Just checked the rules and they are actually quiet on the whole thing (about going for the standing leg); it could be looked at in a couple of areas.
- spearing the legs of an opponent is foul play
- you can tackle a kicker if you start your dive before they kick (it is actually the kickers responsibility to kick before the tackler starts to tackle; ie the onus is on them to kick in good time, rather than the tackler to ensure that the kicker hasnt already kicker).

Of course, there may be some NRL specific by-laws and judiciary charging guidance, but from my reading their doesn't seem to be something specific that Radley did. Still, not a great look and one that can really injure a player.

If you can't accidentally glance a guy in the face when your hand physically touches the ball there's no way you should be allowed to attack the legs of the bloke kicking the ball

It's just there hasn't been any sort of major injury as to a reason why they haven't come down hard on it, if someone went for a charge down and severely injured the kicker they'd write a black and white rule on it for sure

If you can't accidentally glance a guy in the face when your hand physically touches the ball there's no way you should be allowed to attack the legs of the bloke kicking the ball

It's just there hasn't been any sort of major injury as to a reason why they haven't come down hard on it, if someone went for a charge down and severely injured the kicker they'd write a black and white rule on it for sure
Sounds like you are after common sense and consistency. Are you new to rugby league?

mxlegend99

Referee
Say what you will about Kevvie's coaching, but listening to his presser he is a class act.

Can you imagine if the result had of gone the other way....
Just had a listen. Really awesome to see him take it in his stride. Robbo definitely wouldn't have copped the loss that well if result went the other way. Not many coaches would be that classy tbh.

Saxon

Bench
hahahaha as if every team doesnt slow it down if in front with a minute to go
Yeah, but the way your boys do it is just f**king embarrassing. Honestly looks like they don't believe they can keep the ball secure for a few tackles and are too scared to play football.

no name

Coach
Hmm...

Forget the two points, all I really want is Graham Annesley to look deep into his webcam and apologise sullenly. That will make everything right.

Also not sure about Klein's claim of Butcher never playing the ball.
The guidelines seem pretty murky.
Another thing I noticed per the link you provided is that the Roosters challenged the call of knock on. That is the call that made the whistle blow. The tackle on Tupinua was deemed play on and you can’t stop the play to challenge a call that has been called play on.

The refs ask the captains specifically what they want to challenge. When Teddy said, I want to challenge the high tackle, he should have said you can’t challenge that.

In messy plays in the future, can captains challenge the call (if a whistle is blown) and go referee style and say we challenge the whole play, please check for everything?
The bunker shouldn’t have even been looking at the Tupinua tackle, should have started the vision from when Butcher gained possession.

Valheru

Coach
The guidelines seem pretty murky.
Another thing I noticed per the link you provided is that the Roosters challenged the call of knock on. That is the call that made the whistle blow. The tackle on Tupinua was deemed play on and you can’t stop the play to challenge a call that has been called play on.

The refs ask the captains specifically what they want to challenge. When Teddy said, I want to challenge the high tackle, he should have said you can’t challenge that.

In messy plays in the future, can captains challenge the call (if a whistle is blown) and go referee style and say we challenge the whole play, please check for everything?
The bunker shouldn’t have even been looking at the Tupinua tackle, should have started the vision from when Butcher gained possession.

Last week Penrith specifically challenged a knock on and ended up getting a penalty for foul play.

Valheru

Coach
Teddy last night

29 runs
271 run metres
1 try
1 try assist
1 line break
1 line break assist
9 tackle breaks

What a shit game.

no name

Coach
Last week Penrith specifically challenged a knock on and ended up getting a penalty for foul play.
I missed that. I don’t reckon they should be able to.
Like I said the rules are murky. Whichever way the call went last night, there was going be people pissed off.
Another NRL rule change where the process wasn’t completely thought through.

Valheru

Coach
I missed that. I don’t reckon they should be able to.
Like I said the rules are murky. Whichever way the call went last night, there was going be people pissed off.
Another NRL rule change where the process wasn’t completely thought through.

Completely agree. The captains challenge is a mess.