What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 14/8/21

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He never came across as articulate. His front loading horse shit comments prove that what he says has no meaning. He just gives dopey motherhood statements and I’ve had a gutful.
Unshaven and wearing a hoodie, if you can’t be a coach at least look like one. As I said he looked like a bum who has just walked in off the street. And he’s meant to be the leader of the club?? Give me a break.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Its been proven yet again that our style of play is not sustainable. Has never been and never will be. So sad a fantastic group of players (Sivo aside) have been let down so badly.
Our forward pack look absolutely knackered, this is what front loading effort areas and chasing the collisions get you. The only reason we are in the 8 are the about 10 sides in the comp even worse.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Eels in 2002 had a better squad then 2001. And the same can be said for 2010. We had big names signed.
Doesn't always work out. Teams have worked us out and that obvious to see by the way they come after us right from kick off. They have no fear to what we can throw at them. We have no confidence.
I firmly beleive the coach has lost the team. This side from when played Manly last has gone backwards a long way. The tank is empty. Players I don't think are playing for the coach now. There is no energy.

I agree totally.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The issues only surfaced once a certain backup half was picked out of his depth. And that halfback was the coaches son. You cant tell me there would be frustration running out with someone who is clearly not ready or good enough when there were better options to get us through that fortnight.

Its only human nature to be pissed off even if they won't admit it publically as there not going to front the coach and say your son is useless and shouldnt be playing.

BA dug his own grave 3 games was enough this year for JA to learn get stronger over the offseason and another 12 months of football will be better player. Instead throw him to the wolves with a top 4 spot on the lins

Hindsight is a wonderful thing we win those 2 games against the raiders and roosters our confidence isnt gone and we may not be in the mess right now.
The work experience kid being picked I think was the final straw, the side looks a broken tired rabble.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Matterson how long will he get? I hope it's just 3 weeks.
I still feel with many clubs it's hard to stay at top for 3yrs. We've busted our balls for 2.5yrs now. Our nuts are coming off. It is why you always must cull players and have a new and fresh playing group to add variety. Like any job the same old faces get sick of each other. It's like life in general.
But sometimes teams can do this but come finals just mentally flick a switch overnight. They can see the prize. Unsure if this can be us. However if we are able to have Matto and RCG fit and lucks on our side I still feel like we can win our first game. The issue however would be the following week. It will be Penrith,Storm,Manly or Souths. How do we cause a boil over in any of them?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your pigs (except Krakatoa he was good) absolutely catted it last night, yeah RCG was missing but even Big Papa rolled over and asked Marty for a gaping. We had one prop on field most of the time, missing Paseka and Toff.
And he’s the only bloke who hasn’t front loaded his effort areas and chased the collision all season. He looked fresh and keen, poor bugger was the only bloke who had a crack.

hindy111

Post Whore
One thing with BA is he has done good for our side. Got us through a lot of tough times. I think he would be good to hold onto in a different role. Perhaps junior development and over see coaching for all lower grades. In general he has always made good signings and retained and let go the right players.
Tactically just maybebout of his depth. He has us trying to emulate the Storm from 12yrs ago and the game has changed.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Id hire Ciraldo if can. Hear good words and he also know how a good junior set up works. Be foolish to let the chances slip here.
If he’s available would you take him over Bennett or Flanagan? I don’t know enough about the bloke but he’s got some raps on him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The Eels in 2002 had a better squad then 2001. And the same can be said for 2010. We had big names signed.
Doesn't always work out. Teams have worked us out and that obvious to see by the way they come after us right from kick off. They have no fear to what we can throw at them. We have no confidence.
I firmly beleive the coach has lost the team. This side from when played Manly last has gone backwards a long way. The tank is empty. Players I don't think are playing for the coach now. There is no energy.
…and to be honest, “playing for the coach” (ie. effort) is basically all he had going for him as a coach. He can’t even muster that anymore.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Somethings off. That Gutho contract bullshit earlier in the week was f**ken bullshit.

We've been a dumb football team for many years, but I at least liked that we didnt roll over and piss ourselves. Now we are a dumb, mentally weak team down on confidence.

Going to take a borderline miracle to dig ourselves out of this...

Noise

Coach
The issues only surfaced once a certain backup half was picked out of his depth. And that halfback was the coaches son. You cant tell me there would be frustration running out with someone who is clearly not ready or good enough when there were better options to get us through that fortnight.

Its only human nature to be pissed off even if they won't admit it publically as there not going to front the coach and say your son is useless and shouldnt be playing.

BA dug his own grave 3 games was enough this year for JA to learn get stronger over the offseason and another 12 months of football will be better player. Instead throw him to the wolves with a top 4 spot on the lins

Hindsight is a wonderful thing we win those 2 games against the raiders and roosters our confidence isnt gone and we may not be in the mess right now.
I reckon it was around that point that he lost part of the dressing room.

Soto

Bench
My thoughts, a bit cloudy this morning as the fridge is a tad emptier than it was at kick off.

I don't think Arthurs has "lost the dressing room", this rot started pretty much with the move to Queensland, sure we beat the Titans first week, but since then we've really played poorly. A bloke who's been coach for eight years, has the squad up for so much of the season, with much of the same squad, and importantly the leadership group, doesn't just lose the dressing room over the course of four weeks.

That happens over time, where's the rumblings from the players through the season? If they were there, remembering this is Parra, they'd have been in the press, yet nothing.

Rather I think we've failed to adapt to the change, whether it be adjusting to living away, playing in warmer conditions with faster tracks week in week out, or whatever else it is, and that's exacerbated the issues that were already there, the lack of speed, no consistency in our outside backs, and the general lack of fluidity in our attack.

Chuck on the resulting form loss, the pressures that come along with that, and we get last night, players going through the motions with out their head being in the game. Basically we're f**king cooked at the moment, and it's gonna take some kind of massive effort to turn that around in the short space of time we have.

Before any merkin comes back with "but other teams are dealing with it ", don't f**king bother, that's obvious, fact is some will deal with it better than others. That's life. Some clubs will handle the whole thing better, right across the board, not just the players, but the associated staff as well.

Anyways just my thoughts, could be way off, by I don't think I am. Why we haven't handled it better, I don't know.
I remember after the Titans win we at least in the 1st half looked refreshed, full of energy and looking to make a good charge to the semis.
The wheels started falling off from that 2nd half. Looking at the run home I was fearful we could lose all remaining games bar Raiders and Cowboys. Then this front loader rhetoric and effort on effort kept coming up in every BA presser. Looks like the players listened to the words but have not executed.
Mahoney and Matto said with the comp being uprooted to Qld, they were there to win the comp. They had spoken about last year and were going to basically not have a repeat

Personally i don't like when players make statements like that...let your performance do your talking.

For me the time has come to rip the band aid off and tap BA. Too many players have regressed and the same glaring defensive issues are still there, week after week, year after year.
Our attack is inept, clunky and is completely out of sorts. If you rely heavily on kicks to score therein lies a massive problem...
Like some others i dont like to see a bloke lose his job but its just not right for the club to allow this to continue

EelsFan05

Bench
I agree with what most here have already said. We are a balls to the wall type team from round one. By the last month everyone is injured and tired. Jnr's been a shadow of himself recently. He's one of many.

When Souths were getting trounced mid season everyone scoffed that they were finished for the year. The old man has got them primed at the right time of the season again.

We are a decent team when fit. Our edges are horrid. And I can't see what's being done to address it. Last night Sivo was an embarrassment to everything our club should stand for. Good on Manly for kicking over his head early all game. That's the sort of smarts our team never show's. Just smashed it up the middle, rinse and repeat.

EelsFan05

Bench
And this bullshit apology letter from Jnr was a weak attempt to take the pressure off the coach and place the blame directly on the playing group. Whether it's true or not, the coach should be the one fronting up and taking those hits. BA turning up to the presser, saying he doesn't have the answers right now and looking like a cat on a hot tin roof trying to get out of there was weak.

murraymob

Coach
You need a huge over haul of the squad from the higher paid players first the down.The squad has been built on a power game it’s not working.RCG and Paulo run straight and hard easy to defend in defence little lateral movement .One needs to go free up money
Gutherson solid footballer but a poor captain bagging out team mates on the feild

just my option Ciraldo is a good coach but a rookie you need Bennett to oversea the changes of the squad and off feild dramas as welll

Latest posts