What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 14/8/21

hindy111

Post Whore
You need a huge over haul of the squad from the higher paid players first the down.The squad has been built on a power game it’s not working.RCG and Paulo run straight and hard easy to defend in defence little lateral movement .One needs to go free up money
Gutherson solid footballer but a poor captain bagging out team mates on the feild

just my option Ciraldo is a good coach but a rookie you need Bennett to oversea the changes of the squad and off feild dramas as welll

Hand over Ciraldo now. Please.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly Sivo has to go. Like a big slow cement truck.

Has BA got the balls to try and rescue us or will he keep using his same game plan? The time has come BA to try to fire them up. This should be our time if available for first week of finals and these guys bar Matto and RCG should be in the side from next week.

1.W.Smith
2.Waqa
3. Penisini
4. D.Brown
5. Fergo
6. Gutherson
7. Moses
8. RCG
9. Lussick
10. Jnr
11.Lane
12.Cartwright
13 Matterson( If available)

14. Papali'i
15. Kafusi
16. N.Brown
17. Marata

Till RCG and Mattomis back Hipgrave and Matakota in the 17.
All of a sudden you have a fast fullback, two strong and reasonably big athletic wingers and targets for the bomb.
Two centres who are very strong and dangerous runners of the ball. 2nd rowers who can offload and break the line.
A mobile lock who can go 80mins.
God dam punch of the bench. A bench that sides no will be as hard or harder to handle then what have had to swallow for first 20 mins.

My only other suggestion is if wants W.Smith on bench then Russel is blooded. No more Sivo. No more Opacic. We have superior options.

Kornstar

Coach
Interesting, isn't it? Some teams get away with it (see Cleary and his shoulder charge) others instantly cop it. Not sure how Matto was totally at fault there given how low Parker was at point of impact. He was doing a Tedesco. Yes he got him high but there was zero intent.

I am happy with either a sin bin or send off based on what they started ruling from magic round but the last 4 or 5 weeks they have scaled it back so far that it is now a lottery as to what the ruling will be.

From game to game you will see a swinging arm with force and both will be treated completely differently.

And to throw in a conspiracy depending on the team you commit the act against seems to be how the punishment is handed out. In the same weekend that Yeo was knocked out and the Brisbane guy getting sent (or binned, can't remember) the next day there was an identical tackle and it was on report, the only difference is that Yeo was knocked out and the other guy was able to come back, but they were the same tackle "swinging arm with force).

I'd even go as far to say that the late hit on Moses last night we have seen the sin bin used because of the "whiplash" motion they have mentioned in the past.

I am probably one of the few who was ok with the crackdown and the consequences but since they have relaxed it all we have seen in inconsistency from game to game.

Cleary shoulder charges a dude and it's all ok.........shambles.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Paulo: 28 tackles, 5 runs. These are the facts.

Hear Raiders were keen signing him. Certainly been well below his best since Origin

Maybe the boxing earlier in the year and Origin, the big fella has had enough?

or just not giving a shit? Not a good look for a self pro claimed leader of the younger poppers

I think Arthur's will be the scapegoat. The team is looking like they've given up and the club needs to make an example of someone. The easiest reset is sacking the coach, which is why clubs do it. But that doesn't fix the underlying issues, which is why half a dozen clubs are garbage year after year no matter who the coach is.

Well it does fix the underlying issue if you get the right coach in that addresses the underlying issues, especially before they become underlying issues so we don't have underlying issues :). Granted some luck, healthy roster, and the right support staff does help.

Problem with other clubs they sacked their coaches too early, us too late.

Simply extending BA for another couple of years isnt the answer any more

Its time

Hasnt been any energy from Nbrown since he signed his contract. Petrol has run out

Been a huge let down. The terrifying big hits in defence and constant hard running scattering the defence are gone once he signed a new deal. Not sure why some suggested he was a must signing. Finucane had 8 clubs chasing his signature. NBrown had one (Manly), and that was withdrawn

Sivo is another, once he got his contract upgrade, he has gone backwards. Looks lazy and clueless.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pou is correct you can't just blame the coach. The side needs to be rebuilt. But he is missing the point that BA built this side.
He had a fresh slate. He gave his best and did quite well in his tenure. But the wheels seem to be falling off. It is possible he still salvages our season. You never know your luck in finals. I reckon most likely we get belted by Knights week one.
But if we did conjure a victory who knows. Maybe we end up getting a heap of luck and the other side gets a few injuries.

Our attacking structures are slow and predictable. We do not play footy and players look bored and uninspired.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok. Let run with your theory. Is it so poor we should be getting smashed by 50.

Or do you think there’s coaching flaws and players selected that shouldn’t be in the team?
You're fixating on one result. Souths conceded fifty twice this year. It doesn't say anything about their recruiting or their coaching.

That said, there is definitely a leadership failure in our team recently, and the coach is part of that, as he was in 2018. Can he dig us out of it? He's done it before, but I also think he won't get the chance. Gutherson needs to go, and his relationship with the coach makes Arthur's position difficult to justify.

yy_cheng

Coach
Lussick is not the answer. Alot of his passes caused alot of drop ball

But actually, it's still on ba. When reed first went down he admitted that he didn't even plan for a contingency at hooker.

Now brings in Lussick who is all rusty and providing service that is high and behind the players

BAs lack of strategies and gameplan has caused this. His 1 style for all conditions against all teams is killing us.

Yesterday was dewy b and slippery, the game plan should've been set for that.

Same against the game where it was humid and we just threw the ball around Willlie nilly

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I'm probably like most of the Parramatta fans, scratching my head as to what the heck has happened. They are clearly not playing as a group and the communication between players is just awful. So many questions need to be asked, is it the coach, playing group? People have said perhaps they are not mentally there and miss being away from home, an excuse I will not buy, other clubs are in the same situation.

Too many missed tackles, poor handling errors, poor discipline. I mean to give away a penalty in the first seconds of the game, SECONDS, just shows you where they are at the moment.

The ability to stay in the contest has gone out of the window. I wouldnt have cared too much if they got beat by 6 points or 1 point, yes disappointed with the loss but as long as they put in so much effort and build into next weeks game, Id be fine.

Last night was a complete joke and the defensive tactics, if any, has gone. 28-0, 40-12, now 56-10. Melbourne would've put 80 on us last night.

BA will keep saying we need to fix up this mess. This mess has been hanging around for a while and has gotten worse.

TheRam

Coach
I actually agree with Pou - on paper, our team this season is better.

The only real major loss was Jennings, replaced with Opacic.

Other than that, we have a stronger squad on paper than in 2020, imo.

However, there are big, big issues behind the scenes.

I can't understand how we pushed Penrith to the wire, beat Melbourne (albeit in the wet), beat the Roosters (albeit missing several stars), and then dish this up for 6 weeks...

Because like I had pointed out last year also and countless times this year, if you kick every stone while walking down the street, you will end up with no shoes.

We needed to be able to play football as well a frontload. He seems to not get that with the poor coaching and lack of speed recruitment that he has persisted with.

He has crueled himself though. He will be gone now. Nothing surer. But at what price? Another false dawn and wasted season again. Until we get our coach and retention/recruitment right nothing will change.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The difference is WB reacts and gets his teams back up.
That's not true at all. In 2017 we put fifty on his team two weeks out from the finals and derailed their season. But even worse, in 2003 the Broncos lost their last seven games of the regular season and then were knocked out in the first week of the finals. Are you saying it's Bennett's fault?
We’re cooked and Ba has no answers
As shown by Bennett's example, sometimes there are no answers until the off season. Whether we sack Arthur's or not, were going to have to be patient. There are no quick fixes in life, unless you count quickly fixing a bunch of pissy, vindictive fans by sacking a coach. It might happen but I doubt it'll happen before the finals.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Not favourites. But beat Raiders, Roosters. And stuck with Souths and Manly for atleast 60mins. Perhaps a 10 point loss. We had the ass end blown off us.

Staines has been dropped mate. So what is Ivan's reason?

On Staines, I think he has been dropped because he is a little like Bevan French and doesn't like the collision. He was found wanting on a number of occasions recently being out of position too. He isn't proactive enough and at times not reactive enough. I think IC has probably tried to give him a wakeup call. We will see how it goes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How is our defence better than last year? What evidence is there?
How is our attack not better than last year?
We certainly were not getting flogged several week in a row last year.
We weren't getting flogged several weeks in a row a month ago either. Things have obviously changed. Our results against Melbourne, Easts and Penrith showed our defensive resolve. It's worrying how that has fallen apart, though the unavailability of key middle defenders goes some way to explaining it. But certainly not the whole way. There are worrying signs off the field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not favourites. But beat Raiders, Roosters. And stuck with Souths and Manly for atleast 60mins. Perhaps a 10 point loss. We had the ass end blown off us.

Staines has been dropped mate. So what is Ivan's reason?
I'd ask why it took him so long.

Noise

Coach
How is our attack not better than last year?
We weren't getting flogged several weeks in a row a month ago either. Things have obviously changed. Our results against Melbourne, Easts and Penrith showed our defensive resolve. It's worrying how that has fallen apart, though the unavailability of key middle defenders goes some way to explaining it. But certainly not the whole way. There are worrying signs off the field.
Answering a question with a question about something I never claimed. Keep deflecting.
The off field issue is the coach and his favorites.

Latest posts