What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Cronulla @ Venue TBC

Who will win? Round 22: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I said we got some fortunate calls and we did but none of them were gamebreaking. Both teams had the opportunity to win it several times over. Today was the absolute bare minimum we should expect against a team with some serious outs.

Suck sh*t Ramien you plodding nuffy.

Imo the Sharks did look like they wanted it more for most of the match. They were more physical, dominated the ruck and played with more intensity. Apart from a few inspirational plays from Barnett and a good performance by Klemmer, the pack got pumped. Pearce was horrible as usual and his glaring flaws were in the limelight. Ponga MIA. Brailey was a handbrake....

But hey, we won despite almost every player being well below their best and the opposition being up for the game. Similar to last week imo, the Donkeys were up for it but we've found a backbone. Hopefully the attack clicks against the wooden spooners next week.

aqua_duck

Coach
I guess u just had to be that f**kwit I told u not to be
Ok mate we get it, I think you've made your point, with all due respect you can **** off now since you've made it abundantly clear that your sole purpose here is to act like a Derek instead of perhaps offering up any meaningful debate

Yosh

Coach
Great win. Great Great Great win!!

- Barnett with a wonder steal and palm off. Turned the momentum of the game in a second. We need more big plays like that. Then he played like a man possessed for the last 20 minutes. Really brought us home.

- Ponga was class again but need more quantity from the lad. That outside inside ball should be used all game whenever we get a bit of a roll on. Nearly pulled it off a couple of times but it's going to be special weapon if we start getting it right.

- Clifford had an off night with his boot. However, his kick chase is up there with the best and is a good defender all round. Really hammered their fullback all night.

- Best with his best defensive game for us? Didn't see too much wrong and was up in their face all game. Building a fantastic combination with Tuala on the left.

- Tuala with some class finishes again today. Is he resigned? I would love to see him get a chance to build up a combination with Best for a while longer.

- Mann nearly tossed the game away. Can't wait for Gagai or another real centre to take his spot. One real weakness in the squad.

- Some negatives. We don't have the team pushing up when Brailey gets out quickly from dummy half. Need to running with him. Too many times he makes quick metres and looks for the offload but no one is there.

- We seem much more comfortable chasing a game than building on a lead. Our biggest issue in my opinion.

Knight76

Juniors
I guess u just had to be that f**kwit I told u not to be

F**kwit - Coming on to an opposition team forum to shed tears and post crap about how the NRL gifted the win to us, only to then not back that up with a shred of detail explaining why.

Must have really got you all worked up losing that game, and probably ending your season.

Go back to the Cronulla forum and cry your tears there.

Seage

Juniors
We don't need to waste time on Roboshark.

Will be really interesting to see what they do with Tuala in terms of re-signing. Over his two years he's delivered the real spectrum from absolute sludge to competent first grader. He had a purple patch this same time last year, then lost his way badly in the last game or two. Hopefully he continues on the upward trajectory for this season. Has been outperforming Hunt of late.

Allstar Knights

Juniors

Will be really interesting to see what they do with Tuala in terms of re-signing. Over his two years he's delivered the real spectrum from absolute sludge to competent first grader. He had a purple patch this same time last year, then lost his way badly in the last game or two. Hopefully he continues on the upward trajectory for this season. Has been outperforming Hunt of late.
Always been a Hunt fan, but his hitups don't seem as effective as in recent years. Still makes good decisions in defence and solid though.

Tuala is a bit quicker and probably a better finisher too. I'd be happy to offer him another cheap deal.

Yosh

Coach

I think his purple patches come when he plays left wing. I could be wrong but all his best games have come when he played left wing regardless of who is centre partner was.

Old dog

Juniors
The main difference Hunt to Tuala is who is playing inside, Mann or Best.
Correct me if I am wrong but Tuala hasn’t scored a try all season until Best is back, last two weeks 5 tries playing left wing as I have said before his best position where Hunt performs solidly every week. Both have played strong.
I think his purple patches come when he plays left wing. I could be wrong but all his best games have come when he played left wing regardless of who is centre partner was.
agreed, he is better when someone is creating, Best actually

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Tuala is definitely a left sided player, he carries the ball and finishes well with his left and he's got a good left foot step. At centre he had to kind of create his own offence with not alot of good work done on his inside, I don't think he's that kind of player but with abit of space he's shown he's got enough pace to make a mark. Defensively he's been pretty safe under the high ball too, with the way he's played the last few games, given that he's still quite young and the fact we're not exactly flush with quality wing options I'd give him a new deal provided the asking price is reasonable

aqua_duck

Coach
- Mann nearly tossed the game away. Can't wait for Gagai or another real centre to take his spot. One real weakness in the squad.
I think Mann does contribute more than people give him credit for and he's usually pretty solid 80% of the time however the issue with Mann is he can have games where he almost single handed loses you a game with multiple costly errors. I could cop the errors if he was Best or Ponga and the good outweighs the bad but with Mann I don't think it does.
He kind of reminds me of SKD except SKD would give you a few more good moments between costly errors

mozza91

Coach
The Sharks forum game day thread is good for a laugh 😄
They’ve had a blessed run with referees over the years if they think they were robbed today. We once got penalised for George Burgess head butting one of our players.

Cecchin should called held 5 times instead of 4.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I think Mann does contribute more than people give him credit for and he's usually pretty solid 80% of the time however the issue with Mann is he can have games where he almost single handed loses you a game with multiple costly errors. I could cop the errors if he was Best or Ponga and the good outweighs the bad but with Mann I don't think it does.
He kind of reminds me of SKD except SKD would give you a few more good moments between costly errors

If I had to be really honest, I would say he is a solid player. Take those really crazy errors out of the game and I don't think I would complain. However, he dropped the ball for their second try and literally a tackle after magic from Ponga, he throws the ball to the opposition team. I can't see how he can overcome those negatives with being just 'solid'.

I am at the point that clench a little every time he gets the ball or the opposition attack down his side. At best he should be out 18th man, not even good enough for 14.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was texting one of my friends who’s a sharks fan yesterday after the game and she says unprompted: “the reffing was shit” hahaha

Latest posts