What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
We are expected to pick up 2 loan players next week

One dummy half and one prop

Dummy Halves I mentioned in the top post

We are reportedly looking at some forwards including

- Andrew Fifita from the Sharks
- Hame Sele from Souths
- Jack Gosiewski from Manly
- Tepai Moeroa from Melbourne

2GV interestingly also said that we may need to find a dummy half from the Queensland Cup

Only Names I can think of are

Issac Luke ( North’s Devils )
Kurt Baptiste ( Sunshine Coast )
Pat Politoni ( Burleigh Bears )
I realize that you are only reporting what our situation is B.R. , but isn’t there anyone else available ? Still I suppose that it does not matter with only 3 games to play in this season 2021 - the season from hell .

Crush

Coach
We are expected to pick up 2 loan players next week

One dummy half and one prop

Dummy Halves I mentioned in the top post

We are reportedly looking at some forwards including

- Andrew Fifita from the Sharks
- Hame Sele from Souths
- Jack Gosiewski from Manly
- Tepai Moeroa from Melbourne

2GV interestingly also said that we may need to find a dummy half from the Queensland Cup

Only Names I can think of are

Issac Luke ( North’s Devils )
Kurt Baptiste ( Sunshine Coast )
Pat Politoni ( Burleigh Bears )
Andrew Fafita 😂😂😂

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I agree totally with your analysis of those too

I don’t think Kik has problems or even an attitude issue
my whole point is you just don’t see enough of him in the game only when he’s put Into a hole and we have to pay a fortune to get him
And if Penrith did let him go when he supposedly in his prime speaks volumes of maybe they are not trying that hard to retain him

Having said all that he will have a blinder tonight as he auditions for his new club 😊
Agree with you that he hasn't been as impactive this season as in previous years-maybe he needs Cleary to make him look good?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree with you that he hasn't been as impactive this season as in previous years-maybe he needs Cleary to make him look good?
Which we don't have a player close to Cleary unfortunately. I wouldn't pay big dollars for him. I would probably pay more than Penrith but certainly not millions, he doesn't play big minutes and has pretty bad hands. Most of my Penrith mates aren't too fussed to see him leave.

kit66

Bench
No way in this world is Kikau worth 1mil..
Good player Yes but can be lazy, goes missing, normally good for one dumb play & not real keen when a side gets physical. Also been lucky imo with the MRC so if he did sign with us you can rest assured they'd soon single him out.
In a couple of years young Schuster will be the gun edge.

It's a strange one chasing Kikau, we have back rowers coming out our ears and he averages about 60 minutes a game. At 116 kgs and at 26years old Hook might want him for the front row for 2 x 20 or so minutes stints ? Props and a hooker are what we need right now. 1 mil + is crazy though - there are some very handy players to be had at 1m+.

Trifili13

Juniors
Our problem is for any established gun player to leave their club they are probably already on big money and we would need to pay well overs to get them to ours. This is where good talent spotters are worth their weight in gold and can see a young player who has had little exposure if any to first grade. Now Burton might not work out at the Dogs but they have picked him for similar money that I reckon we will end paying for Mbye and arguably less than Lomax. Based on what each of those 3 have shown so far, I would take Burton. I also think someone like Lindsey Collins and Tupounoua at the Roosters who have only just had breakout seasons this and last year would not be on huge money. By offering them a decent upgrade on what they are you either get them and IMO would improve our team or you force the Rooster's to go close to matching it and that would mean them losing someone else. I am sure there are plenty of other similar examples.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints looking for Hooker with McCullough gone. How good in management. Only 1 Hooker on the books. Billy Britain more or less out since the beginning of the season and they have nobody else. They assumed McCullough will play the season without Injury. A 31 y.o hooker coming off a serious injury last year. A player that does a heap of tackles a game and no backup? Wow. Do they need someone to explain what the spine is in a team and how important it is? Seems like they are clueless in that dept.