What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 20th August 8:05pm @Suncorp Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
AD9F0986-5D30-411D-B587-27C5C14F9630.png

How good does that ladder look guys. I meant to post it a few days ago but forgot.

What a season we have had so far being right up there.

Stoked that at worst come finals we cant finish lower than 3rd.

I think this calls for a round of Glory Glory!

Rabbits20

Immortal
RRRAAABBBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

RRRAAABBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

AAAYYEEE OOOHHHH RRAAABBIITTT PRRROOOFFFF

AYYYYYEEE OOOHHHHH RRAAABBBIITTTT PPRRROOOFFFF

HAVE A LOOK ATKINS THEY ARE HOLDING ON TOO LONG SIX MORE SIR SIX MORE BBBBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE

South Sydney CLAP CLAP CLAP

South Sydney BANG ON THE SEATS IN FRONT OF YOU STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT

SCREAM AND JUMP UP AND DOWN IN YOUR LOUNGEROOM

Blues Riff

Bench
RRRAAABBBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

RRRAAABBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

AAAYYEEE OOOHHHH RRAAABBIITTT PRRROOOFFFF

AYYYYYEEE OOOHHHHH RRAAABBBIITTTT PPRRROOOFFFF

HAVE A LOOK ATKINS THEY ARE HOLDING ON TOO LONG SIX MORE SIR SIX MORE BBBBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE

South Sydney BANG ON THE SEATS IN FRONT OF YOU STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT

SCREAM AND JUMP UP AND DOWN IN YOUR LOUNGEROOM
Pass the thermos Hotdogs. A little dignity please. I thought you wanted to flog a full strength Penrith.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pass the thermos Hotdogs. A little dignity please. I thought you wanted to flog a full strength Penrith.
Lol you beat us well last time but were under strength now it’s your turn.

Show dignity lol we can scream cheer and chant as loud as we please!

We have a few thousand Souths diehards up there too they’ll make plenty of noise.

callmack1

Staff member
Here. We. Go. We've all been waiting and game day is finally here!! It doesn't get much bigger than this either does it? A top three clash with a fellow Premiership contender, second vs third as we go up against the Penrith Panthers at Suncorp Stadium in a blockbuster clash tonight. In terms of ladder positions, this game doesn't really matter. The Minor Premiership is probably just out of reach for both of us and there won't be a home ground advantage in the Finals so finishing second or third doesn't really matter this year. However, it's much nicer to say we finished second and that spot is up for grabs tonight. It's still a massive game in the context of our Season though because whoever wins will have a big psychological edge heading into the Finals. Therefore, the stakes are extremely high.

After a challenging month or so for the Panthers, I feel like they're starting to warm up again and I have no doubt they'll be back to their best tonight. They hit a bit of a flat spot but I put that down to injury. They're almost back to full strength so they're going to be extremely focussed and fired up for this clash against us. It's a huge game for both teams. They are a genuine Premiership contender as I said, capable of winning it all. You look at their side and there's just strike everywhere. Edwards, Crichton, Burton, Cleary, Luai, Koroisau, Kikau, Yeo, the list just goes on and on. It's our job to stand up and match that with the class of our own. Stopping their forwards should be the first focus. Last time we played them, they rolled right through us which was probably the biggest reason for the scoreline so we can't let that happen again.

For us, there's no doubting that this is our biggest challenge of the year so far. Huge challenge. We've enjoyed the last ten weeks and have been looking fantastic but tonight will show us where we're really at and it will show us whether or not we are a genuine contender. Despite being one of the hottest teams in the comp, I feel like some people around the game are still questioning us. We've been going so well the last ten weeks but we are still yet to do it against a Premiership contender, that's the trick. This run of games doesn't matter if we can't contend with the best. Therefore, this is our chance to make a statement. This could be like the Manly game in 2014 where it's our chance to stand up and say "hey, we're coming for this Premiership." Being full strength will help massively. It's all about defence tonight for me. Penrith are one of the best defensive teams in the comp but I'm confident we have the attack to match them, it's defence that needs to be the focus because they are one hell of an attacking team themselves. Time to stand up and show us what you've got boys.

In recent times, I have started to feel some genuine fire when coming up against the Panthers. I know I've said it a lot but I've developed a bit of a hatred for them. I think we all feel that after how they acted once that full time siren went in the Prelim last year. That was low, extremely arrogant and disrespectful. We are still yet to avenge that. They've had the wood over us in recent Seasons, winning five of the last six and I hate that so much. It's timne to finally stand up to these pricks!! We can do it!

I'm feeling so fired up today and I hope the boys and the rest of the South Sydney fanbase are feeling the same!! Let's get behind our boys! Let's do this!

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well here we are it’s Game Day once again and what an enormous occasion this is tonight, it certainly doesn’t get much bigger. This will a test to see where we are really at up against the Panthers in a 2 v 3 clash. We all know what happened last time we played them it was embarrassing. I’m sure the boys are still hurting bad from that but we are a different team now and much improved I believe. Yes we have won 10 in a row which is brilliant but now it’s time to turn it on against a fellow premiership contender. For us there is no excuses now as we are at full strength tonight this is our best 17 we can field. For our confidence we need to either win tonight or get very close to them a big loss again would be terrible for the boys mentally going into bigger games come finals. I do hope that tonight we don’t show all our cards though as we are very very likely to play Penrith again come finals week 1 so we need to keep a couple of things up our sleeve.

For us get focus once again has to be in defence it’s about all the boys working together but also doing their job individually all over the park. We need to have a good line speed and don’t let them offload. Last time we played them the second phase play killed us so it’ll be about strong first up contact tonight and in the ruck we have do some wrestling I believe. We won’t win these bigger games without getting down and dirty in the ruck. Limiting penalties we give away will also be key we can’t give cheap ones away. For mine our completion rate has to be 85percent or higher as well we can’t give up cheap ball as they will make us pay. Also going to sleep for a 10-15mins period won’t cut it as they’ll put a couple of quick tries on us. In attack it’s gonna be about not trying to get flustered or score off every play. We will need to build pressure put some grubbers into the in goal and get some repeat sets. Looking at Penrith they have strike all over the field in Edwards, Luai, Cleary, Api, Kikau, Capewell, Yeo and Martin as well....... we really need to send traffic at Cleary at times I’d just charge into him really test that shoulder out and put good pressure on him when he goes to kick but need to make sure it’s no late contact at all as we know golden boy will be looked after on any slight infringement the refs will protect him.....

If we can get the win going to second would be big and psychologically getting the leg up on them is important. Playing at Suncorp tonight we have some good support of Souths members and fans up there so I’m expecting a good turn out with a solid showing of Red and Green in the stands. To those Souths faithful up there we ask you to FFFFIIIRRREEEE RIGHT UP FOR US NSW FAITHFUL WHO CAN NOT BE THERE!!

SO FELLOW SOUTHS FAITHFUL WHEREVER YOU MAY BE EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 7:55PM LETS SHOW THE BOYS AS MUCH POSITIVE ENERGY AS POSSIBLE LETS BE THAT 18TH MAN FOR THE BOYS. WHEN THE BOYS COME DOWN THAT TUNNEL EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET CLAP YOUR HANDS, SHOW THE COLOURS, STAMP YOUR FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT FOR YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS!!!

GLORY GLORY WE WANT THIS SO BADLY LETS GO AND GET THESE PANTHERS!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

HAVE A LOOK ATKINS HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR, GET EM ONSIDE WHERE IS OUR 6 AGAIN!!! WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES ATKINS!!!

P.S.... And finally Penrith and us have built a heated rivalry now and they’ve had the wood on us winning 5 of the last 6 games against us. I’m sure us and the boys have not forgotten that prelim final last year where the way the arrogant Panthers carried on was overboard I think and some poor sportsmanship was shown I thought especially by a guy like Jarome Luai...... it is now time to wipe that smug attitude and smiles off their faces and bring them down a peg......