What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R23 Fri - Penrith 25-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 23: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mozza91

Coach
Penrith really took control in the second half there. Add JFH and To’o and they’re going to be tough to beat.

losing the plodder in the Number 1 was a god send. That bloke is the definition of mediocrity.

Also Yeo >>> Murray

GongPanther

Referee
Well played Souths. I wouldn't be too discouraged. Had basically no luck in the 2nd 1/2 after the Panthers scored two of the most fluky tries you'd ever see.

Panthers still have some real vulnerabilities that Souths and Manly could possibly exploit.

The upside for the Panthers is that a bunch of previously injured players are finally getting game time together to build combinations and are going to be getting JFH back next week and Brian To'o a few weeks after.
Yep, the scary thing is that by week 1 of the finals, we'll be a better proposition than tonight's team we put out there tonight.

yobbo84

First Grade
I don't buy into that. My comment was more his innate ability to get in the way and ruin the flow of matches with his overly pedantic approach to refereeing. Not what you want for a game like this. That and he talks to players like they're pond scum. Can't stand him as a referee.
Thought as much.

The Realist

Juniors
I will have to say regarding the refereeing there were some pretty big no calls in the 2nd half.

Crichton knock on in the PTB
Cleary knock on fielding the short kick off.
At least 2 Panthers forward passes missed.
Burgess knock on looked like Yeo stripped him.

Having said that Souths were extremely grubby in the ruck and should really have had MORE penalties blown against them as incredible as that sounds.

The Realist

Juniors
There was an ex-referee a few years ago, forgot his name but he was one of the higher profiles from memory. He came up through the Penrith JRL and most Panthers fans I knew at the time were convinced he always went harder at PENRITH because he didn't want to be accused of bias.

I think you might be thinking about Ashley Klein.

take a look at the differential in that link. It was worse before our super 2020 and
2021 seasons.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Currently playing Iris for @SLRBRONCOS
❤️❤️❤️
laugh-cry.gif

Munted

Bench
Wayne's little head confused about the downtown ruling... Claims player has been doing it all his life.
Doesn't make it right skelator!

Meth

Staff member
Good game of footy that. Cleary and Yeo really good. Young Sorensen was exceptional as well. A performance worthy of his illustrious surname.

Murray was good for the Bunnies.

Atkins sucks, but that was far from his worst. Souths were ill disciplined. I think they let Mansour and his personal vendetta set the tone for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts