What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Mighties -v- The Madges ... It is on.

Quigs

Immortal
How was it mate
It was a good day to be a Sharks supporter up in Rocky. Good fun crowd, quiet a few Parky people amongst the throng.

Ended up feeling a bit sorry for me Tiges mate who shouted moi and my daughter the tickets. He is a miner who works 7 on 7 off. He finished his shift last night and had to a mandatory camp/sleep before he could drive back to Rocky. We all met him (his wife and three kids moi and my daughter and her hubby) ... he's a die hard tiges man. He forks out $700 on grand stand A tickets for us and he has to sit there and watch that shit served up on a plate by his team.

Didn't help his cause munch with me in his ear most of the game putting shit on him.

But hey it is the footy season.

Well it is meant to be a footy season. I said to him after about 10 minutes that this game has all the makings of a big score blowout.

P.S. I am still very undecided about all this far-can nice thoughts and the concern for my well being in the early pages of this thread. Nobody's getting mentioned in "me" will so you can all revert back to normal abusive operations.

Quigs

Immortal
Oh yeah I was right near Joshie at the end of the game and gave him the old "Well done"

Meanhfish

Juniors
Great game from the Sharks today, the Tigers didn’t help themselves with all the errors, Metcalfe, finally was given a chance and he showed what he is capable of, very Moylanesque. Moylan very quickly demonstrated his value we have missed his influence this year, and last year and the year before.
The forwards need to aim up against the Broncos next week, Haas made our forward pack his bitch last time we played them, also the Broncos 5/8, Gamble, I would love to see Chambers let loose on him, he really pisses me off.

Frenzy.

Immortal
It'll be Trindall and Moylan.
I loved what Metcalf did today though. Hard call in the near future.

I don't understand why posters get on here and say it would be otherwise.

Metcalf has one glaring defensive fault he needs to fix. See if anyone else saw it

Frenzy.

Immortal
Who hasn’t missed a heap of tackles for us this year.

Centre is a tough position so I want a centre playing there, not a stop-gap.

Is Hiroti normally a centre?

The other reason id go Chambers is I bet he’s eyeing off his old club for the last round, get him ready to bash ‘em.

Yes. A solid one but not a star. Offers no more than Chambers does

Meanhfish

Juniors
I would think same as today and bring Moylan into the game for the second half depending on how the team is going.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Great game from the Sharks today, the Tigers didn’t help themselves with all the errors, Metcalfe, finally was given a chance and he showed what he is capable of, very Moylanesque. Moylan very quickly demonstrated his value we have missed his influence this year, and last year and the year before.
The forwards need to aim up against the Broncos next week, Haas made our forward pack his bitch last time we played them, also the Broncos 5/8, Gamble, I would love to see Chambers let loose on him, he really pisses me off.

Don't mind Gamble as a player. Like his mongrel. I hope they both get stuck into each other

Quigs

Immortal
Don't talk to me about cats. The old bloke across the road from us in Gymea had 26 cats. Every cracker night we culled his far-can cats. Tuppeny Bungers and large metal garbo cans, a tin of food........... what a great combination. Weapons of mass destruction.

Why did they ever stop cracker night. No wonder the kids of today have no life skills.

It was a good day to be a Sharks supporter up in Rocky. Good fun crowd, quiet a few Parky people amongst the throng.

Ended up feeling a bit sorry for me Tiges mate who shouted moi and my daughter the tickets. He is a miner who works 7 on 7 off. He finished his shift last night and had to a mandatory camp/sleep before he could drive back to Rocky. We all met him (his wife and three kids moi and my daughter and her hubby) ... he's a die hard tiges man. He forks out $700 on grand stand A tickets for us and he has to sit there and watch that shit served up on a plate by his team.

Didn't help his cause munch with me in his ear most of the game putting shit on him.

Well it is meant to be a footy season. I said to him after about 10 minutes that this game has all the makings of a big score blowout.

P.S. I am still very undecided about all this far-can nice thoughts and the concern for my well being in the early pages of this thread. Nobody's getting mentioned in "me" will so you can all revert back to normal abusive operations.
Nobody's getting mentioned in "me" will so you can all revert back to normal abusive operations.

Righto ya miserable Barstard.

Card Shark

Immortal
A lovely 27c @ 3pm for Browne Park, Rockhampton today.

It should be a blockbuster of a cripple fight. We have a chance to once again temporarily cement our spot in the top 8.

Can Sharon lead us there. Let the crusade commence.

(psssst I'll be in the stand wearing the famous unmerged)

Hope you enjoyed the game ya old shagger!

DJDL

Bench

I'm disappointed in you Quigs. Every time the cameras went to a high shot I was scouring the streets in the background looking for signs of the Sharkmobile and its driver honking and yelling abuse at the Popemobile, but it was nowhere to be seen. You've gotta lift your game.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm disappointed in you Quigs. Every time the cameras went to a high shot I was scouring the streets in the background looking for signs of the Sharkmobile and its driver honking and yelling abuse at the Popemobile, but it was nowhere to be seen. You've gotta lift your game.

Listen imbecile I'll have you know I was chauffeured to the ground and once on location and inside the ground I was closely monitored by Security the entire time I was there.

Did you see on Mr Fox when security ushered Josh to his spot in the stand? Well my entourage consisted of minimum of four security officers.

Lift my game..... matey, furhuck I set the high bar.

Chimp

Juniors
So a few things to call out from the game for me;

Kennedy - Playing great footy, and for all his speed and creativity, the thing that is really standing out for me is how strong he looks. In previous years, he looked weak in contact, he now seems so strong through the hips - he hits the line hard and is powering through blokes.

Metcalfe - Looks the business in these current rules. Raw, but super fast - a threat with the ball in hand, every playmaker needs to be a running threat first and foremost to create time and space.

Brailey - Great to see him finally scooting. Still would benefit from a mid-game breather in my opinion.

Katoa and Ronnie - LOVE the runs up the guts. Real shame for Ronnie to be hurt.

Moylan - if only he wasn’t made of biscuit. First steps are always forward, looks a running threat at all times, and has beautiful hands. Just wish his body could be reliable. If he’d treat his body right over the years and could stay fit, he’d transform us into a serious footy team.

Latest posts