What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R24 Fri - Sydney 12-54 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 24: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 24
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Friday 27 August 2021

NRL kickoff 7:55pm

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Lachlan Lam 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brad Abbey 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Egan Butcher 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Ben Marschke 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Fletcher Baker 17. Ben Thomas 18. Moala Graham-Taufa 19. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 20. Daniel Suluka-Fifita

SOUTHSYDNEY-2021.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Tevita Tatola 17. Hame Sele 18. Liam Knight 19. Blake Taaffe 20. Peter Mamouzelos 21. Taane Milne

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Jon Stone
Video Referees: Henry Perenara​

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Souths can only finish 2nd or 3rd now and this year there is Bsolutely no difference between the 2.

If I were Wayne I would rest latrell, walker, reynolds, cook and Murray for this meaningless game.
I agree with resting those guys but you know there is no such thing as a meaningless game between these two.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Tough game to pick but you would have to think Souffs will have enough to get up over a heavily depleted Chooks

GongPanther

Referee
Easts in a boilover. It's gotta be said that Souths played their GF last week and they should be nice and all softened up for Easts to do as they please. Simply apply the tactics by the Panthers in last week's match. Easts by 24-16.

Easts in a boilover. It's gotta be said that Souths played their GF last week and they should be nice and all softened up for Easts to do as they please. Simply apply the tactics by the Panthers in last week's match. Easts by 24-16.
We have seventy players missing, four feared dead on top of playing on a hot Sundee arvo with a reduced bench as well as short turnaround - penalty Souths, adversity.

Chippy73

Bench
I'm tipping Roosters, Wayne really really really hates Manly ever since we deprived him of a premiership in his first top grade coaching gig, he will make moves that will subtly signal to his players this game isn't gigantically important (which it isn't for Souths as pointed out above).

yobbo84

First Grade
Our last two matches vs the Roosters effectively ended their premiership chances. 60-8 last year broke them, followed by an early 24-0 lead this year into a Luke Keary ACL (accident, but against us none-the-less). Robinson will have them absolutely primed for this.

As much as I never, ever want to lose to this mob, I don't think it's worth the risk for our gun players.

Cockosh

Juniors
Hilarious listening to Kent using the 11-2 penalty count as an excuse for souffs loss to panthers. Was actually 11-5 with 6 agains. He couldn’t believe panthers only gave away 2 pens. Funny I don’t remember a single comment when souffs won the count 12-2 against us in round 3. Maybe coz there’s nothing unusual about it I guess.

Hilarious listening to Kent using the 11-2 penalty count as an excuse for souffs loss to panthers. Was actually 11-5 with 6 agains. He couldn’t believe panthers only gave away 2 pens. Funny I don’t remember a single comment when souffs won the count 12-2 against us in round 3. Maybe coz there’s nothing unusual about it I guess.
Watch their discipline massively improve this week.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not having the refs turn a blind eye to their rubbish is a foreign concept to them. Up there with a Burgess knock on, rocking horse shit and a prelim final win.

Cockosh

Juniors
I’m noticing a trend amongst commentators referring to penalty counts that don’t include 6 agains. I don’t mind Kent generally but he repeatedly said souffs lost 11-2 when in fact souffs won 6 agains 3-0. Similar to last week where they referred to chooks winning the count. Misleading especially given the impact 6 agains are having on the game.

yobbo84

First Grade
Brad Abbey vs Jaxson Paulo. A battle for the ages.

In all seriousness we will make hard work of this.