What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The penultimate round of another Covid-19 season, with more of that special flavour planned for next year as well.

The Warriors are gone, so gone and my casual conversations uptown with league fans is always a bit flat. They're off to the finals (well, apart from the Tigers guy who delivers the bread at work, and a few others) and I'm a wallflower once again. But if the Knights beat the Titans tonight...(smiley).

Friday, and Sticky's Raiders will have a Warriors side who may come out swinging after last week's close one. Particularly Walsh, who won't want his disappointing game against Brisbane hang around too long, especially over the off-season. Then again the 'Auckland-based' side could just hang up the boots for 2021 already. The Roosters and Rabbitohs is good, real good. Both those sides are dark-horses for the GF.

Saturday, the Dragons can't afford to drop this one against the struggling Cowboys, who are looking at their 11th straight loss. Pressure on Payten must be building. Remember Bluey? And 2012? He 'got gone' after his first year and a collapse in results. The Sharks and Broncos is too tough to call. The most delusional Warriors fans might tense up a bit if other results have gone their way so far this weekend (another smiley). Storm and Eels is a formality I reckon. Who's gonna stop Melbourne from getting that 'most wins on the trot' record? The Eels? No.

Sunday, and the Eagles are formalities over the Dogs. Which will cement a pretty impressive table finish for Manly. They lost their first four, remember. The Panthers close it out with another easy one, against a Tigers side that at least has Big Ken still scoring tries, which is always nice to see.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Uneasy feeling coming into a round feeling like we should win by 40 !!

Have been working a bit through these times but the footy is something that really gets you through the week, shame there’s only a couple of regular rounds to go

TAB put up a multi that keeps the Warriors alive this weekend and the odds weren’t extreme

Meth

Staff member
Our games over the next week will have a real bearing on the Raiders and the Titans chances of sneaking into the 8. If we can win. we're really doing the Sharks a big favour.

Blair

Coach
Our games over the next week will have a real bearing on the Raiders and the Titans chances of sneaking into the 8. If we can win. we're really doing the Sharks a big favour.
I'm quite happy with that as I'd like to see Johnson play another final before he's back with us.

Campion

Juniors
Uneasy feeling coming into a round feeling like we should win by 40 !!

Have been working a bit through these times but the footy is something that really gets you through the week, shame there’s only a couple of regular rounds to go

TAB put up a multi that keeps the Warriors alive this weekend and the odds weren’t extreme
I'm calling it... Manly will put 60 on the bulldogs

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Always appreciate your write ups Blair!

Tonight will be a really interesting one in respect to our boys. I’m thinking the Knights will get up, as the Titans have been so up and down all year.

Thought I’d put my money where my mouth is. I’m not usually a betting man but I’ve chucked $25 on a multi for Knights, Warriors, Rabbits and Broncos as that’s what I’ve been telling everyone all week is going to happen in order for us to make it through to next week with a chance 😅
Wish me luck!

Meth

Staff member
Sharks looking good now, but they simply must beat the Broncos. Will be interesting.

Titans are the new Tigers- kings of 9th

jaseg

Juniors
How the hell is that not a send off? Like... what is the factor that stops that being a send off? I'd love to know the justification. Is it because he wasn't lying out cold afterwards? It was high, direct, very forceful, Manu wasn't really dropping dramatically into it. Reckless. It's contact coming from the shoulder, too - just in case it wasn't brutal enough. Ugly stuff.

It should be Latrell's season, but the MRC are inconsistent at best, downright incompetent otherwise so who knows... (and Latrell has gotten off easy for stuff in the past, likely courtesy of being one of the faces of the game, Slater-style)

How the hell is that not a send off? Like... what is the factor that stops that being a send off? I'd love to know the justification. Is it because he wasn't lying out cold afterwards? It was high, direct, very forceful, Manu wasn't really dropping dramatically into it. Reckless. It's contact coming from the shoulder, too - just in case it wasn't brutal enough. Ugly stuff.

It should be Latrell's season, but the MRC are inconsistent at best, downright incompetent otherwise so who knows... (and Latrell has gotten off easy for stuff in the past, likely courtesy of being one of the faces of the game, Slater-style)
Gutless refs.
Total bunkers call there.
It ticks all the boxes for a sendoff.
You know any Warriors player do that, they are gone for the game!!