What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Gold Coast @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Newcastle v Gold Coast

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
The thing with Mann is we have obviously been working hard on our defence and quite a few times his mistakes or poor tackle attempt have lead directly to a try.
If he can cut out those important errors and learn to pass to Hunt, I don’t mind him staying in the centre.
So, basically "if he can learn to be a centre, I don't mind him staying at centre"?

Burwood

Bench
I'm going to get flogged for this, but with our current roster, I actually don't mind Mann in at centre. He has the ability to bust tackles and often pokes his nose through the line. He does nothing for his outside man and can kill a play, but he generally gets a quick play the ball and helps the next play. Take out two errors last night, and he had a reasonably strong game- it's just a shame that, like most weeks, those two errors usually lead directly to points. As Zoidberg pointed out, if he can manage those, he brings enough to the side to retain his spot.

Having said that, the only changes I'd like to see to our backline next week would be having Dom in at centre and giving Mann a rest. I thought he was brought to the club as a centre, and he might get caught out a bit less compared to on the wing? I guess the only questions are, can he handle it defensively and can he play on the right?

mozza91

Coach
I don’t think Mann is as bad as some are saying. He has a few clangers in his game and that one on one effort on Fermor last night was pissweak. But I don’t think he’s a liability like has been made out, for the most part he’s been pretty decent in the centres.

That being said I’d have no problem moving him out of the starting side and putting Hymel in the centres.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Maybe next season the plan is to stick with Mann as the right centre with Best shifting one in with Gagai outside of him.
The meltdown on here 🤤

Best made Patrick Herbert look like Jarrod Croker in his prime last night.

Woosh

Head Moderator
4-EBDBC9-B-2-CC6-4-F03-AD7-E-3-A2-FD2-F19-CBC.gif

Croker: Listen here Bradman, I am the best young centre in the game, got it?

Bradman: Yesirrrr

Knight Tales

Juniors
Do we rest players next week? I am not sure how the broncos with a win or loss could be a gauge for week 1 of the finals.