What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

TruSaint

Referee
Much like Josh Reynolds they were both good early in their careers because they are effort players.

They need to really put in to have an impact.

Be it tentative post injuries, lack of motivation or just plain lazy they lost the only strength they had...

Norman had more ability, much more than Reynolds.

The only thing I could say about Reynolds was he he was a fierce competitor. I remember Jamma wanting to reduce his salary at the Dogs to keep Reynolds.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sullivan is a natural halfback. Modern five-eights are built quite big nowadays, and halfbacks are (generally) a lot smaller. If you watch some of the games he's played, although Sullivan does have a solid running game due to his speed (making him good with support especially like all good halves do), his kicking is mainly what stands out for him - when you're playing in the juniors, running even as a halfback is a lot easier. A good kicking game is usually what takes good young halves from reserve grade to first grade, and Sullivan has exactly that. He's not a five-eighth like Amone, because Amone is a lot larger and has a much stronger running game. That's how they won the SG Ball final.

Corey Norman is not a natural anything, especially not halfback. He used to be a solid player in his early days and then it just went downhill very quickly
The games I’ve seen him play he looks to have great vision, just needs the confidence to use it and a couple of years of footy vs men + a few kegs and he’ll be fine. It’s when he Amone and Sloan build a combo at NRL level that we will really be in for a treat.

denis preston

First Grade
Yes, these 3 are exciting to watch. Some good judges that have actually seen a lot of the 3 claim Sullivan could be the best of them all. Sloan & Amone tend to play what's in front of them and are more instinct players. Sullivan has that as well but could develop into a better team organiser. Three young players like this can make an enormous difference to a side provided you build well around them. Isn't the evidence that Hook is exactly doing this ?

Walpole

Juniors
I think picking the three young blokes in the spine is at least a good move for the future, would love to see them playing 1, 6 and 7 down the track. While Norman's selection annoys me as much as the next Dragons tragic, at least that'll be a thing of the past next year. Here's hoping Sloan, Amone and Sullivan all show some of what they're capable of over the next two games and give us a ray of hope heading into 2022.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I think picking the three young blokes in the spine is at least a good move for the future, would love to see them playing 1, 6 and 7 down the track. While Norman's selection annoys me as much as the next Dragons tragic, at least that'll be a thing of the past next year. Here's hoping Sloan, Amone and Sullivan all show some of what they're capable of over the next two games and give us a ray of hope heading into 2022.
Sounds very good to me @Walpole . Not sure if Hook will move Hunt to 9 to give Sullivan a go at his favoured no 7 position, but I think Hunt, Sullivan, Amone and Sloan could develop into a very good spine. Hook might want to keep Hunt at 7 and is seeing if Sullivan could handle 9.

The 3 of them are good young players with flair ...... Just from what I have seen Sullivan is as tough as they come , something some player lack .....
They all have x factor. Just need some game time and more kgs.
Still confident Ramsay will be a good un.

And yes Sullivan has that toughness about him. Takes some big contact and barely blinks.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Noticed Kerr has dropped out of the squad for tomorrow. What a shocker he’s had this year, he’s gone from being in the extended QLD squad to being dropped from first grade. Hopefully he regroups & comes back better in 2022.

Illusion

Bench
Noticed Kerr has dropped out of the squad for tomorrow. What a shocker he’s had this year, he’s gone from being in the extended QLD squad to being dropped from first grade. Hopefully he regroups & comes back better in 2022.
He seems like a great bloke but to be honest I never seen anything in him that gets me excited ..... I may be wrong and I hope he turns out to be a champion .....

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
He seems like a great bloke but to be honest I never seen anything in him that gets me excited ..... I may be wrong and I hope he turns out to be a champion .....
I think his only hope is to get back in the front row rotation, practice hanging onto the ball and maybe, just maybe, develop an offload at an appropriate time. I think his confidence is at rock bottom. He really needed a couple of weeks in reserves for that, but can't do that.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think his only hope is to get back in the front row rotation, practice hanging onto the ball and maybe, just maybe, develop an offload at an appropriate time. I think his confidence is at rock bottom. He really needed a couple of weeks in reserves for that, but can't do that.
Assuming McGuire stays next year I’m not seeing a spot for Kerr unless he has a massive offseason. Prop rotation is Burgess, Molo, Lawrie & McGuire. Sims & Su’a playing 80m at second row plus de Belin playing 80m at Lock.

Burns is a handy bench player, he can cover backrow or centre if there’s an injury. That leaves Mbye or Sullivan to round out the 17.

Back up players Ford, Kerr, Faamausili & Alvaro.

Still a bit skinny for mine, I’d like us to pickup one more good forward.

Dragon David

First Grade
Assuming McGuire stays next year I’m not seeing a spot for Kerr unless he has a massive offseason. Prop rotation is Burgess, Molo, Lawrie & McGuire. Sims & Su’a playing 80m at second row plus de Belin playing 80m at Lock.

Burns is a handy bench player, he can cover backrow or centre if there’s an injury. That leaves Mbye or Sullivan to round out the 17.

That array of forwards is how I see it too Maddragon99. Getting another tough forward for the middle will not go astray.

thebigredv

First Grade
Battle of the desperates.
They haven't won in 11 and we haven't won in 6.
They are very similar to us both shithouse.
Deardon has won only one game this year.
Will it be number 2?
Both sides have forgotten how to win.
Which of tbe teams will be more desperate to lose and self destruct,or are we going to get our usual last token victory of the season as we sometimes do.
Most of us I suppose couldn't give a shit.

Consolation win at best, humiliating loss at worst. When you keep picking a player like Norman who has zero care for that red v he dons it feels like we might as well just throw in the towel.

I'll be watching keenly to see how the enigmatic Sloan chimes into the backline, how the light footed Amone steps his way, dazzling the defence and the strong young Feagai getting better and better on the left side. A fair bit to be excited about there but I will continue to voice my absolute disapproval of the single most unprofessional and nonchalant first grader I have seen at the Dragons.

The coach will have you believe he is anything but, but can a thousand onlookers really be wrong? Over 50 games in and yet to actually dominate a game.

Como Connection

First Grade
No he hasn't got in my opinion.
CC

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Im a big fan of McGuire tbh. He's been rock solid, well spoken and not really any more of a grub than any of our other players. He could finish his career as a much loved red V player imo.

Latest posts