What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Jets

Pippen94

First Grade
Yes but by then it had been already named, they probably could have kept the reds another season to round off the pinpoints on the map

Gotta excuse Dane he's not as sharp as he once was. Still battling for superleague even tho they long since lost war

Jets joining forces with Firehawks would make it a true southern Brisbane team with a huge catchment. Having Logan and Ipswich would give the Firehawks a massive advantage over Broncos.

MugaB

Coach
Jets joining forces with Firehawks would make it a true southern Brisbane team with a huge catchment. Having Logan and Ipswich would give the Firehawks a massive advantage over Broncos.
Catchments aren't a thing, remember?, its the age of professional footballers, must you comment on every thread, its like you just want to read your own post, and advertise your dumb Twiggy-esk/Singapore like ideas

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are we talking top 10 cities by population in Australia?

1. Sydney - tick
2. Melbourne - tick
3. Brisbane - tick
4. Perth - cross
5. Adeaide - cross
6. Gold Coast - tick
7. Newcastle - tick
8. Canberra - tick
9. Sunshine Coast - cross but very much a RL area
10. Wollongong - tick

The NRL covers 7 out of 10 and RL well and truly covers 8 out of 10.
The AFL on the other hand covers 6 of the 10 with a very tenuous hold on the Gold Coast

It's not all about putting dots on the map. I'm all for a Perth and Adelaide team in the NRL but the AFL is everywhere myth is very much that. RL is the number 1 game in the most populous places in the country and we need to make sure that remains. When you then throw Auckland in the mix who would slot in 5th position on the above list below Perth and above Adelaide, we are in an even stronger position.

There is a reason why the AFL is investing so heavily in our heartlands, because they need to, we don't need to put anywhere near that mount of effort in theirs other than Melbourne.
You can add 6-10 together and still smaller than Perths population.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A smart ARLC would really try to muscle in on NZ now that RU is financially weak.

The Grand Final needs to be rotated between Auckland, Brisbane and Sydney. The NZ Gov would love the money it generates from tourism, so they will promote the hell out of it, despite their preference for RU.

I really do think a 2nd and 3rd team in NZ should be on the ARLC's agenda.
Financially weak?NZRU has just got a massive cash injection.

Vee

First Grade
At least PR doesnt spray nonsence on every thread, yes there is a whinge, but it has merit, some dreams, not the crap of cull, cull merge, fk this comp every thread, my BRL comp was poor, woesest me, pokies ruined my childhood, the NSWRL took my childhood heroes, nswrl, can go to hell, bring superleague back....

View attachment 52876
Put the blame where it lies, on the moderators.

MugaB

Coach
You can add 6-10 together and still smaller than Perths population.
You know its not all about population, Newcastle, Canberra, Illawarra all have their own comps prior to the 1st grade sides, which was why they wanted teams there representing them, i agree perth need the same, and are on the way up, but not there yet..
If Perths comp now was located around Tamworth back in the 80s maybe they are a current team now, but since expansion of the NSWRL in the 80s was looking at areas spread throughout NSW, its nothing against WA, just a matter of timing and distance

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know its not all about population, Newcastle, Canberra, Illawarra all have their own comps prior to the 1st grade sides, which was why they wanted teams there representing them, i agree perth need the same, and are on the way up, but not there yet..
If Perths comp now was located around Tamworth back in the 80s maybe they are a current team now, but since expansion of the NSWRL in the 80s was looking at areas spread throughout NSW, its nothing against WA, just a matter of timing and distance
And? Perths had a competition since the 1950’s. wa has more registered players than the christchurch region.
And when it comes to professional sport population is a massive factor. Sure not many first grade players are coming out of perth at moment but without a direct pathway and decent funding that isnt surprising.

And? Perths had a competition since the 1950’s. wa has more registered players than the christchurch region.
And when it comes to professional sport population is a massive factor. Sure not many first grade players are coming out of perth at moment but without a direct pathway and decent funding that isnt surprising.
We both know Perth is ready for a team. There are plenty of backers willing to fund them, which is pretty much everything in professional sport. Perth has a strong local competition that's growing stronger each year. It's one of the few bids that can add money and talent to the game over the long term.

Anyone who says Perth is not ready is just being myopic and probably has an agenda because they fear it will make their little LGA team irrelevant in a global world that values clubs representing metropolises than teams representing a single LGA.

thats revenue not profit, I'm interested in what cash asset they have that they can spend on start up and initial running of a new club. Firehawks have $25mill on the table, whats Dolphins got?
$30mill revenue isnt that big, panthers group, for example, has a revenue of $130mill plus a year.
Having $25M in the bank is not going to get them far if there's no way to renew it each year.

Redcliffe have assets that are turning profits on a regular basis, more than the vast majority of NRL teams can even boast having.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Having $25M in the bank is not going to get them far if there's no way to renew it each year.

Redcliffe have assets that are turning profits on a regular basis, more than the vast majority of NRL teams can even boast having.
how do you know this? And how much profit are they turning over a year? On $30mill revenue, given pokie tax level it can’t be massive I suspect, Only thing I’ve ever seen is $100mill in assets. To get $25mill in the bank tigers must be making some profit every year? Ask sharks how useful it is to be asset rich and cash poor. They ended up having to sell their assets off to pay their debts.

MugaB

Coach
1. NRL offers good coin.
2. Get to stay close to family.
3. Pride of playing for team they grew up supporting.
This !!!!
This is why you need a base, and why NZ2 is more prevalent for the 18th team, but as with the warriors needing to get home, a new team in Nz is not happening till pandemic has passed, and even then hard to accept incase of future hiccups with relocations of teams like the warriors these past two years.

MugaB

Coach
We both know Perth is ready for a team. There are plenty of backers willing to fund them, which is pretty much everything in professional sport. Perth has a strong local competition that's growing stronger each year. It's one of the few bids that can add money and talent to the game over the long term.

Anyone who says Perth is not ready is just being myopic and probably has an agenda because they fear it will make their little LGA team irrelevant in a global world that values clubs representing metropolises than teams representing a single LGA.
Bullshit, they are not competitive vs SGBall sides getting beaten in monster scores, if they can't be competitive at that level, why bother implanting a top tier side there thats just going be another titans

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bullshit, they are not competitive vs SGBall sides getting beaten in monster scores, if they can't be competitive at that level, why bother implanting a top tier side there thats just going be another titans
Haha yes because how we perform at U18”s has a great bearing on the potential success of a $30mill a year professional top tier sports club!
We’ve had two of our Jnrs debut for Sydney clubs this year. show some gratitude for us producing talent for the east coast lol.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Haha yes because how we perform at U18”s has a great bearing on the potential success of a $30mill a year professional top tier sports club!
We’ve had two of our Jnrs debut for Sydney clubs this year. show some gratitude for us producing talent for the east coast lol.
I think theres more talent getting produced from Melbourne than there is coming from perth