What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Final 8 Games 2021

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Gus had a bit of a go at Robbo after his presser. Basically saying that when Radley and JWH had been charged earlier, Robbo was saying that collisions and contact was part of the game. Now that it has happened to one of his players his tuned has changed.
What Gus said is basically correct though, but ALL coaches do it- defend your own player and condemn the opposition player. I really don't like it that I agree with Gus!

TruSaint

Referee
What Gus said is basically correct though, but ALL coaches do it- defend your own player and condemn the opposition player. I really don't like it that I agree with Gus!

I agree with you, however here's the prob. I watched the whole thing and as much as Gus did say the above, he was hedging his bets by saying several times, " only people who havent played the game would consider a harsh penalty " or words to that effect.

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I agree with you, however here's the prob. I watched the whole thing and as much as Gus did say the above, he was hedging his bets by saying several times, " only people who havent played the game would consider want a harsh penalty " or words to that effect.
Thanks for that! I totally disagree with that part of what Gus said! Excellent, I am NOT in complete agreement with Gus.

blacksafake

First Grade
Gus had a bit of a go at Robbo after his presser. Basically saying that when Radley and JWH had been charged earlier, Robbo was saying that collisions and contact was part of the game. Now that it has happened to one of his players his tuned has changed.
Basically saying that there was no intent and that people wishing for a harsh penalty have never played the game.
He is suggesting that one of the games best players " may miss out on the finals ".

Guess what Phil, he should miss out.
Thanks x2

thebigredv

First Grade
If we win by 100 next week and the Storm, Roosters and Bunnies are all caught for cheating the cap, we just miss the 8.

Still, I reckon we make it.

thebigredv

First Grade
Somebody on Foxsports has written that the Dragons will lose the remaining 8 games of 2021 and stay on 18 points and finishing 11th.

The report is headed -

Top-eight shock set for stunning fall as NRL finals race heats up: The Run Home​

PREDICTED LADDER AFTER ROUND 25

1 Storm (46 points)

2 Panthers (44)

3 Rabbitohs (40)

4 Eels (36)

5 Sea Eagles (34)

6 Roosters (32)

7 Knights (28)

8 Sharks (26)

9 Titans (22)

10 Cowboys (20)

11 Dragons (18)

12 Warriors (18)

13 Raiders (16)

14 Tigers (14)

15 Broncos (12)

16 Bulldogs (6)

7. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS (18, -10)

Run home
: Sea Eagles (A), Titans (H), Rabbitohs (H), Raiders (A), Panthers (H), Roosters (H), Cowboys (H), Rabbitohs (A)

Analysis: It’s somewhat surprising to find the Dragons as high on the NRL ladder as they are currently. They had a hot start to the season, only to fall off a cliff. Now there’s reports of serious fractures among the playing group, following Paul Vaughan’s now-infamous house party which saw him immediately sacked and 11 teammates sanctioned. All those players will be suspended for one game, to be spread across the coming month. The Dragons are looking to loan players from the Warriors just to be able to be competitive for the remainder of the season. The Titans and Raiders look their best chance to score a win on the run home, but there’s so much off-field drama at the club we’re resigning them to eight losses straight after the bye.

Major injuries: Max Feagai (concussion, Round 18), Cameron McInnes (knee, season)

Projected results: LLLLLLLL

Predicted finish: 11th (18 points)

I'd certainly like us to prove Foxsports wrong by beating Manly on Friday. I cannot see us losing all of the remaining games. If we did, well the BBQ at Vaughany's place will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons.

Bravo, that person, bravo 👏👏

Screw this team.

Go find some heart and braincells in the off season.

Dragon David

First Grade
Bravo, that person, bravo 👏👏

Screw this team.

Go find some heart and braincells in the off season.
I was hoping like mad that the prediction would be wrong, but well done to the guy as he was spot on that we would not win the last 8 games.

I have not felt so despondent and disappointed with the Dragons any other time even under Mary's watch than I am now. What an absolute useless year this has been.

It is a rebuilding time I know but wow, is this an indication as to what we can expect for the next few years because even with these new signings will we be able to get anywhere near the class of the top 5 clubs ever?

I envy how Manly brings excitement with their play. My two brothers who follow them are over the moon.

Here we are again. Hoping for better things in the new year. Hoping for the past 11 years. It has reached the stage of no hope.

thebigredv

First Grade
Eight Straight.

Eight.

Not since 1926.

This is what happens when whatever Gould saw or didn't see is left to fester. Any fan or club spokesperson that says all's sweet, all will be well have been proven false up until this point.

The BBQ was just a glimpse into our rotten culture. It will be just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what we don't see or hear about. You don't lose 8 straight to mostly average teams unless you have deep rooted issues. It's clear as day the players have lost the coach and vice versa, clear as day.

This off-season needs to see the real Saint George and his holy army bring some mother of all miracles before we waste another complete season. But why would the football gods save us now?

Absolutely filthy. Wish I didn't care. I actually laughed out loud when Norman dropped it so that's progress.

Dragon David

First Grade
Not only did the predictor say we wouldn't win the last 8 games but he also predicted we end up 11th which we did. Well done!

Illusion

Bench
Eight Straight.

Eight.

Not since 1926.

This is what happens when whatever Gould saw or didn't see is left to fester. Any fan or club spokesperson that says all's sweet, all will be well have been proven false up until this point.

The BBQ was just a glimpse into our rotten culture. It will be just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what we don't see or hear about. You don't lose 8 straight to mostly average teams unless you have deep rooted issues. It's clear as day the players have lost the coach and vice versa, clear as day.

This off-season needs to see the real Saint George and his holy army bring some mother of all miracles before we waste another complete season. But why would the football gods save us now?

Absolutely filthy. Wish I didn't care. I actually laughed out loud when Norman dropped it so that's progress.
Say no more how could anyone argue with this ..... Yep 8 straight , new record , beaten by teams that were below us , blame the BBQ , blame injuries , blame the Refs .... Also for me Hook and Co are lost , don't seem to have the answers ......... Nah there's more than meets the eye ......

Latest posts