What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

denis preston

First Grade
I rate him. From what I saw he brought plenty. We have a mass of good young backline local juniors where are all our good young forwards. Our Jersey Flegg side finished second this year. Perhaps some good'uns among them.
Dont rate him as well , baffled what anyone sees in him but then again i think Lawrie is 4th front rower at best. Burns sure can miss a tackle but he at least knows where to run and prob needs more Ressie time. Alvaro , Simms also had poor games. Bird is at the crossroads, never again in the backline.

Pressure on Hook next year and deservedly so, he has to make things happen. On the plus side Feagel had a great game even though he should have kept his hands on the ball, the 3 amigos were great, Lomax showed class at times, Rav had a big one . All in all it was what we all knew : potential in the backs and shit in the forwards.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I doubt it tbh but all good halfbacks can play a bit of hooker and will improve his defence. I do believe it’s very handy though that he’s shown he can handle it. He could add some spark to compensate for Macca late in games.
It’s good that Sullivan might have found a role. With Amone & Hunt set to be the starting halves next year it’ll be good to keep Sullivan in the side. Hunt is getting older & more injury prone so Sullivan should get plenty of time at halfback in ‘22 as well. But that’s on the big assumption Griffin picks the side that way. This is where the Mbye signing worries me, I don’t want Mbye holding Sloan, Amone or Sullivan back.

Griffin is a proven idiot so who knows what he’s thinking.

Kilkenny

Coach
I understand the fan base turning on hook but really he is not to blame. He inherited a roster lacking in so many areas, the players involved in the BBQ situation I just don’t see how he can be totally accountable for this mess. Seriously the four tries in a dozen or so minutes post half time were nothing do with his half time speech or otherwise is was all on the players on the field. I just don’t know how you can you blame the coach for defence your players displayed in the first dozen or so minutes of that second period. The players on the field should own that.

BIG RIG

Juniors
In my opinion outside of Hunt , Amone , Sloan , Matt Feagai, Sullivan and McCullough the rest of the squad this year has been utterly pathetic in one area or another
Whether it be on or off the field

randomdragon

Juniors
I think everyone who's bagging hook needs to get a grip. you bagged McGregor for not changing things and when griffin changed a few things you hook baggers had a sook... as much as I would love to see it too you can't put sulli Amone and Sloane in the spine for a whole game you need some experience there even if its a f**kwit... realistically we knew we wouldn't make the top 8 and as this is a rebuilding year I'm happy with where the club is heading. Next year bring the pitchforks out if we don't at least finish in the 8.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree that Griffin does have his work cut-out for him in 2022 . However at least he has blooded our young guns and with some good replacements on the way the Dragons will have a much better season.

To the game , disappointing result as we did show plenty of enterprise , but came unstuck with our usual errors and lack of concentration at critical moments .

We play in such a disjointed fashion , no true combinations , we have spurts of it and it in turn is followed by errors which places us behind on the scoreboard .

Still a have a feeling that next week the Dragons will be going out on a high to make up for some of the disappointments of this season .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It’s good that Sullivan might have found a role. With Amone & Hunt set to be the starting halves next year it’ll be good to keep Sullivan in the side. Hunt is getting older & more injury prone so Sullivan should get plenty of time at halfback in ‘22 as well. But that’s on the big assumption Griffin picks the side that way. This is where the Mbye signing worries me, I don’t want Mbye holding Sloan, Amone or Sullivan back.

Griffin is a proven idiot so who knows what he’s thinking.
I agree it’s great he’s found a role. I just don’t see him as a long term hooker. Mainly because I feel he’s a better halfback and that’s the position I hope he fills for a decade for us. I can definitely see him adding some value there at times next season. I also hope he gets some extended time in reserves to keep working on his halfback play.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeah that is the thing with us we are too clunky with no combinations. We will go a lot better when these few guys start building combos with JDB, Sua, Burns etc and playing behind a better pack we will be better in attack and defence. As they say the best form of defence is attack and if we can do more with it we have to defend less.
Watched The Bunnies last night and S'ua was very impressive...went to the line well and had plenty of go forward ....admittedly hes under Bennett and a good working pack ...but will be interesting to see how he goes with us next year

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I think everyone who's bagging hook needs to get a grip. you bagged McGregor for not changing things and when griffin changed a few things you hook baggers had a sook... as much as I would love to see it too you can't put sulli Amone and Sloane in the spine for a whole game you need some experience there even if its a f**kwit... realistically we knew we wouldn't make the top 8 and as this is a rebuilding year I'm happy with where the club is heading. Next year bring the pitchforks out if we don't at least finish in the 8.
Spot on. Look at the comments at half time and before, people praising the youngsters rava etc No one is praising the coach.

Then things go south in the second half, instead of redirecting criticism at players for missing tackles and defending like an under 8s side, the coach bashing starts.

People seem to look for any excuse to blame the coach.

DamoV

Juniors
I get that !!!!....but the timing when he was taken off and back on was crap.....and your right Lussick did nothing wrong but Sullivan gave us a lot of go forward at vital times in the game
Yep you’re completely right but it’s easy to say in hindsight. I agree with others, the fatal call was not dragging Norman when Bud came back on.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
An absolute disgrace of a performance

Sloan , Amone , Feagai and Sullivan IMO have solidified there spots for next year

Corey Norman can go f**k off , I actually want to punch the bloke

Daniel Alvaro and Jackson Ford can join Kerr and Fa’amusili out the door cause they are burdens on the team

I still don’t get why people support and think Fuimaono is a good player - he brought absolutely nothing

Billy Burns is not overly bad but I believe he is depth at best

Rava played great

Lomax is another won that baffles me - Has 1 or 2 decent moments but can come up with a shitty error and defensive read

Freddy Lussick didn’t get much game time - so not really sure about him just yet

Tariq Sims can honestly f**k off to retirement
I might not have said it as strongly Big Rig, but I agree with you on almost every issue/point you have raised. How long are we going to wait for Kerr and Ford to show something consistently decent? Fuimaono just does not have it. Mate I will caution you strongly here; don't criticize Lomax, there are a few lurking idiots on the forum who think Lomax is the next messiah!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
D
I understand the fan base turning on hook but really he is not to blame. He inherited a roster lacking in so many areas, the players involved in the BBQ situation I just don’t see how he can be totally accountable for this mess. Seriously the four tries in a dozen or so minutes post half time were nothing do with his half time speech or otherwise is was all on the players on the field. I just don’t know how you can you blame the coach for defence your players displayed in the first dozen or so minutes of that second period. The players on the field should own that.
If we didn’t make the finals, a large proportion of our supporters were going to call for his head. Even though in reality in paper no coach in the comp had us making any serious dent in the comp. We have players that for years haven’t been coached the basic fundamentals. That can’t be undone in a season. He has Hunt, Ravalawa in career best form finally. Some of his positional changes are head scratchers but I guess with the squad he inherited if things weren’t working there was always going to be some experiments to figure out what works and what doesn’t. We got rid of some dead wood. Bought some handy players, will have a full off season of JDB rather than mid season signing after a long layoff. We know Bird doesn’t work at 1, we know Norman doesn’t work at all. The one thing I do want though now that he’s done his experiments is to pick and stick.

BBTB

Juniors
this is a myth.

They were the ones who gave us pretty much every try we scored so get them on and keep them on.

It was our experienced players who didn't aim up today and shock horror, Norman had another stinker.
Yes Bird didn't aim up today.
He was really shown up,for his lack of speed. Those cowboy outside backs made him look stupidly slow.
Secondrow bench player for Birdman next year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dont rate him as well , baffled what anyone sees in him but then again i think Lawrie is 4th front rower at best. Burns sure can miss a tackle but he at least knows where to run and prob needs more Ressie time. Alvaro , Simms also had poor games. Bird is at the crossroads, never again in the backline.

Pressure on Hook next year and deservedly so, he has to make things happen. On the plus side Feagel had a great game even though he should have kept his hands on the ball, the 3 amigos were great, Lomax showed class at times, Rav had a big one . All in all it was what we all knew : potential in the backs and shit in the forwards.
Disagree about Lawrie but agree with most of the other points. Lomax is a great player but today he was terrible in defence. Possibly his worst game there. He was really good early in the year but needs to keep working on it. Plus I agree with Flanno in that he needs something in attack on his left side as the flick pass will become predictable over time. Maybe a dummy and go or some other bluff to keep them guessing.

Kilkenny

Coach
D

If we didn’t make the finals, a large proportion of our supporters were going to call for his head. Even though in reality in paper no coach in the comp had us making any serious dent in the comp. We have players that for years haven’t been coached the basic fundamentals. That can’t be undone in a season. He has Hunt, Ravalawa in career best form finally. Some of his positional changes are head scratchers but I guess with the squad he inherited if things weren’t working there was always going to be some experiments to figure out what works and what doesn’t. We got rid of some dead wood. Bought some handy players, will have a full off season of JDB rather than mid season signing after a long layoff. We know Bird doesn’t work at 1, we know Norman doesn’t work at all. The one thing I do want though now that he’s done his experiments is to pick and stick.
I’m an outsider looking in. My now passed on father in law was a Dragons tragic so I have empathy with you guys. I just think Hook is worth preserving with for at least 2022 before you cast him aside because whether you like it or not he really was on a hiding to nothing this season.

Latest posts