What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters
wow

its become very interesting again with the eels crawling out from under the rock they've been hiding under for the last 2 months
maybe last night was a one game wonder , we will see next week against the panthers , but I think it means they finish 5th now & will play either the sharks raiders or titans
& on last nights performance they win against any of that lot.

What does Bellamy do now
what does he do

rest 10 & probably throw the minor premiership ?
it has no strategic value anymore only the prestige. Play a strongish team with a few rested & get the job done against the Sharks ?
Souths or Manly in week one of the finals ? I don't think they care who they play , they'll just want a solid performance going in which for me means they field a pretty strong outfit next week to achieve this

its intriguing

We still have to beat Parra. Last night shows nothing is a foregone conclusion.
for sure
but the storms strategy will be forced now , what do they do. They play before you guys so they have to decide

if they win on Friday night , it doesn't matter what happens with Penrith v Parra except bragging rights & psychological advantage heading into the finals

soc123_au

Staff member
for sure
but the storms strategy will be forced now , what do they do. They play before you guys so they have to decide

if they win on Friday night , it doesn't matter what happens with Penrith v Parra except bragging rights & psychological advantage heading into the finals
It certainly makes next week a lot more interesting. As long as we don't shit the bed and lose to the Tigers of course.

Couldn't care less about the minor premiership
yea , itll only be a bonus for the team that wins it

its more important to go into the finals in good form & I think the storm may have to now change their thinking for the final round as a result of last nights result, sounds silly when they've won 19 out of the last 20 games
but next week is now a lot more important then it would have been

yobbo84

First Grade
I'm looking at it like this now..

Even with Latrell we are a step below the top 2 and it would take two games with everyone playing at their very best to defeat them.

Without Latrell that doesn't change. We are still a step below the top 2, and still a step above the rest. We still need everyone at their best to win and it will still largely fall on our forwards to not take a backwards step and our halves and hooker to kill it.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Even with Latrell we are a step below the top 2 and it would take two games with everyone playing at their very best to defeat them.

Without Latrell that doesn't change. We are still a step below the top 2, and still a step above the rest. We still need everyone at their best to win and it will still largely fall on our forwards to not take a backwards step and our halves and hooker to kill it.
Walker is your real weakness. So mentally fragile

you'll play winner of 6V7 after either Penrith or Melb get you in week one

6V7 looks like it will be Knights V Roosters
it would be a very spicey rematch with the chooks , very ... very spicey

yobbo84

First Grade
you'll play winner of 6V7 after either Penrith or Melb get you in week one

6V7 looks like it will be Knights V Roosters
it would be a very spicey rematch with the chooks , very ... very spicey
It really doesn't matter. If you don't win finals week 1 you are next to no chance of winning the competition.

Since 2006 the only team to have won the GF after losing week 1 of the finals is the Cowboys. Basically you need that week off to win the competition. Lose, you may still make the GF, but you won't win it (freak 2015 GF aside).