What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
I hope Henry watched that presser.

In fact, does anyone know if he's on Twitter? I'm not but I would strongly consider creating an account just to spam his page with the link

Galeforce

Bench
Just looked at the Mitchell tackle.......it is NOT a shoulder charge , he steamrolled Manu with his upper body , his arms were on the outside.
It is high and therefore careless and deserved the sin bin and deserves weeks on the sideline.
I think the charge will be Grade 3 Careless high tackle. 3 to 4 weeks.

Just looked at the Mitchell tackle.......it is NOT a shoulder charge , he steamrolled Manu with his upper body , his arms were on the outside.
It is high and therefore careless and deserved the sin bin and deserves weeks on the sideline.
I think the charge will be Grade 3 Careless high tackle. 3 to 4 weeks.
Thats one of the best!!

He went in swinging widly and hit Joey flush in the head fracturing his cheeckbone. Its reckless and he deserves 8-10 weeks

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
How do priors work for loading? Is it 20% for each non similar prior and 50% for a similar one?
Correct.

There are two caveats on loading & carryovers being applied as well (not terribly well known):

- prior offences are defined as "last 2 seasons", however Grade 1 offences actually drop off the list after 1 year.
- carryover points are deducted at 5 per game played upon returning from suspension.

Latrell has four priors
Grade 2 Striking (2020 R9)
Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - head/neck (2021 R6)
Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - other (2021 R6)
Grade 1 Contrary Conduct (2021 R6)

His Grade 1 Careless High Tackle from 2020 R9 won't count as it happened more than a year ago and was Grade 1.
He will have no carryover points as all 20 have been deducted in the NRL and Origin matches played since he returned from the 4-week suspension in Round 6.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
To use a quick real world example victor radley was charged with a grade 2 dangerous contract. It's base points is 200 points

He had loading of 1 similar and 3 non similar so thats 50+20+20+20 = 110% loading. This means he gained an additional 220 points to his charge. His carry over points took it to 455

yobbo84

First Grade
Fair call on Latrell. Knight is meh and doesn't make our 17 so whatever. Egan Butcher is a lucky boy only copping a fine, could've been much worse.

latrell should go buy a lottery ticket he got off so lightly. Especially when you consider what Radley and Crighton are serving for much minor incidents but also had priors.

If the NRL were fair dinkum about concussions it should have been 10

Last Week

Bench
Surely Souths take it to the judiciary and argue that it's careless rather than reckless. It's the best chance they have and they have nothing to lose.

The_Frog

First Grade
Surely Souths take it to the judiciary and argue that it's careless rather than reckless. It's the best chance they have and they have nothing to lose.
It would be compared to the CHN hit from a couple of weeks back. Thuis was a grade 3 reckless and I don't see how it was any worse than Latrell's hit.

Also he was suspended in round 6 for a high shot on Nofoaluma, very similar to this but not as nasty, yet that incident was regarded as non-similar to this one.