What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Injuries And Suspensions

Jim Rockford

Bench
What was that shit carry on he did when he scored after going back after his 10 mins in the bin.

If he didn't do that I'd say a lot of people would have different opinion on him and the incident.
Considering how all the Rorter players on the field and on the bench carried on toward him,I don't blame him at all for what he did after he scored. As for people having a different opinion, it wouldn't matter what he did, Haters gonna hate.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
What was that shit carry on he did when he scored after going back after his 10 mins in the bin.

If he didn't do that I'd say a lot of people would have different opinion on him and the incident.
I get that, but he got abused by the Roosters bench coming off the field when sent for 10. Reports are they got off the bench, JWH, Crichton, Radley, and that Robinson had to step in and back them off. Not to mention the abuse Sua allegedly copped from one of the Roosters "officials" who had no place to be doing that.

It could have been a Manly v Melbourne like brawl and got real ugly.

George Burgess copped a 2 week ban for throwing a plastic water bottle from the bench, and landed no where near the opposing Roosters bench players. What's gonna happen to these wankers?

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Weird, I was able to access it the first time without pay wall but now when I click into it it goes to pay wall. Sorry, I can't help you there now.

A BS article anyway.
Maybe because you are across the ditch you can open it but you can't open it from an Australian site, that's handy though because you can always copy/paste the article. ;)

Jim Rockford

Bench
I get that, but he got abused by the Roosters bench coming off the field when sent for 10. Reports are they got off the bench, JWH, Crichton, Radley, and that Robinson had to step in and back them off. Not to mention the abuse Sua allegedly copped from one of the Roosters "officials" who had no place to be doing that.

It could have been a Manly v Melbourne like brawl and got real ugly.

George Burgess copped a 2 week ban for throwing a plastic water bottle from the bench, and landed no where near the opposing Roosters bench players. What's gonna happen to these wankers?
Considering what happened to George for a much lesser act, you would think they would throw the book at those Rorter "tough guys" However as they know the epic meltdown Robinson will have if they do, they'll just get a slap on the wrist. NRL - National Rorter League.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Considering what happened to George for a much lesser act, you would think they would throw the book at those Rorter "tough guys" However as they know the epic meltdown Robinson will have if they do, they'll just get a slap on the wrist. NRL - National Rorter League.
That's exactly what I'm expecting to happen.

Seriously, George Burgess missed an elimination final, as well as the last round game. Based on that precedent, how does JWH smacking a camera from the Channel 9 camerman out of his hands not qualify for a ban as well?

Steenson123

Juniors
So Latrell apologising directly to Manu is not enough for you?

You want him to make it a big public showing so you can feel good about yourself again for following him?
Its interesting to contrast how Sam Burgess did NOT carry on like Manu when Graham smashed his boat race after 10 seconds of a GF. Burgess went that entire contest sans making any complaint to Graham nor asking for sympathy. Burgess did not carry on and run up to Graham crying to him and all, to a man who deliberately targeted his face as he was being tackled by Klemmer/Tolman I believe. Burgess carried on playing with blood continually streaming down his pained, swollen face. Inglis actually went up to him several times asking him to leave the game. And Graham received zero punishment, in fact Gould & co. who hung Mitchell immediately, thought the incident was "accidental" just an unfortunate collision!! Balderdash! And Graham repeated the dose against Dave Tyrell when the score was 14-6.
Nor was Easts' Napa targeted for persecution when he too targeted Korben Sims in Brisbane smashing his jaw with a deliberate head attack to Sims's face. Sims spent a couple of weeks in hospital having surgeries. Gould & Co. lay down on that one too there were no major outcries no calls for massive punishment.
The NRL has a bizarre system. Neither the much larger NFL or UEFA have a system wherein if a player appeals his suspension and fails he gets more time off!! That's lunacy and effectively prevents appeals that could proceed with success. Mitchell could have argued it was a careless, not reckless tackle on Manu.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Its interesting to contrast how Sam Burgess did NOT carry on like Manu when Graham smashed his boat race after 10 seconds of a GF. Burgess went that entire contest sans making any complaint to Graham nor asking for sympathy. Burgess did not carry on and run up to Graham crying to him and all, to a man who deliberately targeted his face as he was being tackled by Klemmer/Tolman I believe. Burgess carried on playing with blood continually streaming down his pained, swollen face. Inglis actually went up to him several times asking him to leave the game. And Graham received zero punishment, in fact Gould & co. who hung Mitchell immediately, thought the incident was "accidental" just an unfortunate collision!! Balderdash! And Graham repeated the dose against Dave Tyrell when the score was 14-6.
Nor was Easts' Napa targeted for persecution when he too targeted Korben Sims in Brisbane smashing his jaw with a deliberate head attack to Sims's face. Sims spent a couple of weeks in hospital having surgeries. Gould & Co. lay down on that one too there were no major outcries no calls for massive punishment.
The NRL has a bizarre system. Neither the much larger NFL or UEFA have a system wherein if a player appeals his suspension and fails he gets more time off!! That's lunacy and effectively prevents appeals that could proceed with success. Mitchell could have argued it was a careless, not reckless tackle on Manu.
Look I get what your saying and I can't argue against any of it, only that the Burgess one was deemed an accidental head clash, whereas Latrell got Manu with his shoulder which is always deemed illegal contact.

But yeah I get the contrasts you raise.

callmack1

Staff member
Maybe because you are across the ditch you can open it but you can't open it from an Australian site, that's handy though because you can always copy/paste the article. ;)
No that's not it. Like I said before, when I first opened the article, I was able to read the whole thing so I posted the link because I was thinking it may not have been a 'pay for view' article.

However, when I tried to go in and re-read it, it went to paywall like it has for you guys so strange I was able to get in and read it the first time.

Welcome to the forum mate. What a way to kick it off! Great first post, I couldn't have put it better myself!!

Paul Gallen making a whole lot of sense:

Fantastic stuff from Gal there. Speaking some real sense. I wish more people would see this, that'd shut them up

callmack1

Staff member
NRL fines Roosters, Robinson over abuse of match officials: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/30/nrl-fines-roosters-robinson-over-abuse-of-match-officials/

Good f**king job. Getting what they deserve. Hope JWH and the other players are sanctioned for their actions too once that investigation is complete.

‘Don’t want to see him change his game at all’ - Bunnies stars back Latrell amid six-game ban: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/0b9278fa9f4ea5a151dd501e420de899

Why Wayne could have done more in Latrell-Manu powder keg: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...als-race/1b9cff73-25d4-4f3d-b989-7d997f3300be

Joseph Manu's family plead for calm after brutal Latrell tackle: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...hospital/2d9de2a8-40af-45cb-b3eb-cbc18f1e7695

I think you need glasses or take those red and green one's off - need to read up on the injury Manu sustained - you don't have as many plates and screws holding the fractures together as Manu required for a minor injury to that part of the face though. Goolagong-Mitchell was lucky it wasn't referred directly to the judiciary. As for Gould and co you don't have to have played the game to know what a high tackle is - Gould played during the Jim Comans Judiciary era where that type of tackle would get a lot longer than 6 weeks - 16 or so

so your saying Manu should have kept playing

Manu’s season is over, after needing three metal plates inserted in his face.

The operation took several hours in a Brisbane private hospital on Saturday afternoon and the star centre will be kept under care for at least 48 hours.

“The surgeon mentioned it would have taken significant force to cause this amount of damage,” said Roosters medico Dr Tom Longworth.

“It’s more something you’d see in a car accident than a football tackle.”

Fortunately Manu has been cleared of any damage to his right eye.

“The good thing is that his eye is ok,” Dr Longworth said

“You can damage the eye in a collision like this one from fractures to the orbital rim bone around his eye. If you get a bad enough fracture it can pierce the eye.

“Sometime the muscle that moves the eye can be trapped and that can cause double vision.

Last edited:
Good to see Robinson being held accountable. Now they need to do the same to JWH and the other Rorter fake tough guys not to mention the unnamed Rorter official who abused Sua.
Fined for telling the truth you should be saying - I wonder what would have happened if that happened when Adrian "Mozza" Morley was playing for the Chooks though

No that's not it. Like I said before, when I first opened the article, I was able to read the whole thing so I posted the link because I was thinking it may not have been a 'pay for view' article.

However, when I tried to go in and re-read it, it went to paywall like it has for you guys so strange I was able to get in and read it the first time.

Welcome to the forum mate. What a way to kick it off! Great first post, I couldn't have put it better myself!!

Fantastic stuff from Gal there. Speaking some real sense. I wish more people would see this, that'd shut them up
Gallon's been in too many scrums - to think that every high tackle is an accident without intent and or malice is like believing in fairies at the end of the garden.

Funny how he said that he went out there to hurt opposition players but not seriously - mmm not sure how you can limit the hurt you inflict on another player though - tackle them lightly/softy or something like in oztag or touch footy.

Obviously not every player likes each other even the players in the same club- so when you tackle those opposition players you might put a bit more into than usual not that i am saying this is the case with Manu and Goolagong-Mitchell

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Fined for telling the truth you should be saying - I wonder what would have happened if that happened when Adrian "Mozza" Morley was playing for the Chooks though
What would you know about telling the truth Joseph? You are yet to do so in your whole tenure on LU. As for Morley, I could ask you what would have happened if the Rorter players tried to be tough guys when we had Les Davidson playing for us?

callmack1

Staff member
Gallon's been in too many scrums - to think that every high is an accident without intent and or malice is like believing in fairies at the end of the garden. Funny how he said that he went out to hurt players oh but not seriously - mmm not sure how you can limit the hurt you inflict on another player - tackle them lightly or something -
Sick of seeing comments like this. Go and have a look at my in depth post earlier on in the thread where I've posted pictures of the incident and explained how it was completely an accident.

The facts are there clear as day. Not sure how you can argue he did it on purpose when you actually analyse the incident.

Valheru

Coach
So is JWH he ruined Liam Knight career the other year when Knight was heavily concussed and blood was flying every from the swinging arm and JWH fully got off. Funny how you haven’t mentioned that. Knight hasn’t been the same player since.
Probably because there wasn't a swinging arm