What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 27th August 7:55pm @Suncorp Stadium

Valheru

Coach
Look, I explained this in depth, along with images as evidence, in the injuries and suspensions thread here so I suggest you go and have a look at that.

But just briefly, NRL rules state that for a tackle to be deemed reckless, it must be obvious the defending player foresaw contact with the head but went through with it anyway. When you actually look at the facts, there is no way Latrell could have foreseen contact with the head. it was Manu dropping 30cm in a split-second that caused Latrell to contact the head.

Careless? Yes, 100%. Reckless? You're dreaming.
lol nice try

There was only ever one outcome likely with the action taken.

Now that I look at your explanation though, i have to agree the grading is wrong. If reckless means "it is obvious the defending player foresaw contact with the head but went through with it anyway" then by definition that is intentional and I couldn't agree more with you that it was intentional.

Out of interest, where are you getting that definition from? I can't find any documentation that says that. The 2018 judiciary code of procedure says

“Reckless High Tackle”

means
misconduct
on the part of a Player constituted
by, when he is effecting or attempting to effect a tackle, making contact with the
head or neck of an opponent recklessly;

I will concede that is an annoying definition as it uses the term reckless to define itself.

Valheru

Coach
The facts are clear to an intelligent,reasonable person. Valheru is neither. He's a butthurt loser who is angry his team got annihilated and that the player who turned his back on their shitty club accidentally took out one of their players. Oh, and the NRL have slapped his club with a bunch of fines because they think they are bigger than the game.
I do care that Manu was hurt, other than that if you think those things bother me you are more cooked than I thought

Like Why the f**k would I care about a fine to the club? lol

Jim Rockford

Bench
Nice attempt at deflection loser. You can say otherwise but your butthurt is coming through loud and clear in all your posts. I can't wait to see your meltdown when JWH gets charged for assaulting the cameraman (how very tough of him).

Couldn’t help myself!

16C56D2A-0726-4837-BD7D-378DD3A8E5F2.jpeg

All things said done @Valheru champion, the consequences for the Bunnies were far worse than for the roosters because young “cheekbone magic” isn’t a tenth of the player Lats is and never will be.

And I’m not an especial fan of Lats as a person, but facts ( ie he’s an almighty player) don’t care about my feelings. I will defend his rights to be treated fairly though.

Below is one of the more heroic of players in amongst it.

67E4BA30-522B-4708-937B-3E593EE8248F.jpeg
1 x Cam Murray versus 6 x Roosters ( half the side)

And JWH poncing around in the tunnels like a wuss hassling a player who is tired coming off the feild.

Cowardly meatheaded scrote . He’s been playing illegally for his whole career. He’s nuts.

Lats would punch his head clean off in a fair fight.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Couldn’t help myself!

View attachment 53191

All things said done @Valheru champion, the consequences for the Bunnies were far worse than for the roosters because young “cheekbone magic” isn’t a tenth of the player Lats is and never will be.

And I’m not an especial fan of Lats as a person, but facts ( ie he’s an almighty player) don’t care about my feelings. I will defend his rights to be treated fairly though.

View attachment 53190

And JWH poncing around in the tunnels like a wuss hassling a player who is tired coming off the feild.

Cowardly meatheaded scrote . He’s been playing illegally for his whole career. He’s nuts.

😂

Jim Rockford

Bench

JWH - Joke Wannabe Hardman Although according to the Chicken Pluckers that have recently infested our forum, the fact he raises his forearm into the throats of defenders isn't done to try and injure opponents, it's done to protect himself. This despite the fact that no other forward is similarily scared enough to do the same.

Valheru

Coach
Couldn’t help myself!

View attachment 53191

View attachment 53190

lol this is a quality meltdown

Valheru

Coach
Nice attempt at deflection loser. You can say otherwise but your butthurt is coming through loud and clear in all your posts. I can't wait to see your meltdown when JWH gets charged for assaulting the cameraman (how very tough of him).
How is that a deflection dopey? I responded directly to what you said.

JWH should cop a fine for that if proven true as that behaviour is unacceptable although I understand why he did it. Had the referee sent Latrell off and the NRL implemented ground control like they are supposed to it wouldn't have happened. Still, he should be fined.

Unlike you I don't automatically defend players based on who they play for.

Valheru

Coach
One think I have learnt from this thread is how much you guys love JWH. It is truly heart warming to see the admiration he gets from souths fans. Below are some of my favourite pictures of him which I feel certain you will enjoy.

1630366194736.png

1630366302889.png

1630366468104.png

You will note he is particularly happy in all 3... I am sure even you lot can work out why

He appreciates your continued support

Jim Rockford

Bench
Please! If the situation were reversed you would be writing a long dissertation how Manu was just playing the game hard and that Latrell is at fault for getting injured. You'll deny this of course, it's what you do, but we both know that's exactly how it would play out.

Valheru

Coach
Please! If the situation were reversed you would be writing a long dissertation how Manu was just playing the game hard and that Latrell is at fault for getting injured. You'll deny this of course, it's what you do, but we both know that's exactly how it would play out.
Nope, you're wrong

Ignoring the obvious difference in the discipline records of the 2 (I can't remember Manu ever being charged for anything), If that were Manu I would fully support the charge against him and expect a full and public apology. I would also expect the club to address it internally to make sure it doesn't happen again.

We know Latrell will do this again as he has anger management issues, it is just a matter of when.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Nope, you're wrong

Ignoring the obvious difference in the discipline records of the 2 (I can't remember Manu ever being charged for anything), If that were Manu I would fully support the charge against him and expect a full and public apology. I would also expect the club to address it internally to make sure it doesn't happen again.

We know Latrell will do this again as he has anger management issues, it is just a matter of when.
So you're a qualified psychologist now? Also, it's a bit hard for Trell to apologise publically when he was prevented from apologising to Manu first by your Wannabe Hardman.

Valheru

Coach
So you're a qualified psychologist now? Also, it's a bit hard for Trell to apologise publically when he was prevented from apologising to Manu first by your Wannabe Hardman.
Sure, why not

Why is that hard? One has nothing to do with the other.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Sure, why not

Why is that hard? One has nothing to do with the other.
The usual convention is to apologise to the person involved first then apologise publically.As he was prevented from doing so by your fake tough guy he is probably waiting untill he gets another chance to talk to Manu first before issuing any public statement.

Valheru

Coach
The usual convention is to apologise to the person involved first then apologise publically.As he was prevented from doing so by your fake tough guy he is probably waiting untill he gets another chance to talk to Manu first before issuing any public statement.
Just more victim hood for Latrell.

I feel certain Joey has a phone.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Just more victim hood for Latrell.

I feel certain Joey has a phone.
Considering what happened it would be pretty pathetic to apologise by phone. Just get your fake tough guy JWH to keep his big nose out of other peoples business. Of course that would rob you of the chance to play the victim card yourself.

Valheru

Coach
Considering what happened it would be pretty pathetic to apologise by phone. Just get your fake tough guy JWH to keep his big nose out of other peoples business. Of course that would rob you of the chance to play the victim card yourself.
Perhaps Joey didn't want to see Latrell at that point so soon after the game?

It's really not hard to pick up a phone.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Perhaps Joey didn't want to see Latrell at that point so soon after the game?

It's really not hard to pick up a phone.
This is truly pointless. You have totally made up your mind and are not prepared to reasonably assess the available evidence. You can keep on spouting your moronic drivel but don't expect me to reply anymore. 54-12 loser!