What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Das Hassler

Bench
Regardless of anything else Moses Mbye leaves this club with my respect...he's an intelligent and thoughtful guy and I've no doubt he's done a lot for the younger guys among the WT group and i think it would be right to assume Griffin wants him over there as another rare positive influence among the boofhead weighted roster they have at the moment.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Decent guy. So we will have about $400,000 extra to spend from this deal and with Packer gone I think that makes it around $1m. I look forward to seeing who we get and I hope it will get us a top 8 spot.
As crazy as it is I think we are a real chance this year.
plus $500K or more from BJ plus whatever we were still paying Reynolds for this year, although that is probably taken up with the Hastings and Gildart signings.

Probably closer to 2 million to spend but no one worth spending it on

Tigerm

First Grade
Decent guy. So we will have about $400,000 extra to spend from this deal and with Packer gone I think that makes it around $1m. I look forward to seeing who we get and I hope it will get us a top 8 spot.
As crazy as it is I think we are a real chance this year.
Hopefully a gun player (forward or back) and upgrade a few of the guys? (Stefano, Laurie, Blore etc)

Going to be another long off season😣😭

WA Tiger

Bench
Regardless of anything else Moses Mbye leaves this club with my respect...he's an intelligent and thoughtful guy and I've no doubt he's done a lot for the younger guys among the WT group and i think it would be right to assume Griffin wants him over there as another rare positive influence among the boofhead weighted roster they have at the moment.
Intelligent and thoughtful that’s handy if u work in a library! … helped the younger guys - on what evidence? Rare positive influence ..ok I could handle this rubbish if he died, because every ones a saint then arnt they …we had a captain for years who you swore wasn’t on the field…the only good thing he’s done is to show respect to WT on leaving, which with his pay packet and whose paying for most of it, is an obligation. That’s it

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Intelligent and thoughtful that’s handy if u work in a library! … helped the younger guys - On what evidence? Rare positive influence ..ok I could handle this rubbish if he died, because every ones a saint then arnt they …we had a captain for years who you swore wasn’t on the field…the only good thing he’s done is to show respect to WT on leaving, which with his pay packet and whose paying for most of it is an obligation. That’s it

(Quote) "Regardless of anything else" ..followed by my personal view of him.....i don't need evidence to support a view of someone if my view is a positive one...only if i was accusing him of something. Take your time if that's a little complex.

stryker

First Grade
Intelligent and thoughtful that’s handy if u work in a library! … helped the younger guys - On what evidence? Rare positive influence ..ok I could handle this rubbish if he died, because every ones a saint then arnt they …we had a captain for years who you swore wasn’t on the field…the only good thing he’s done is to show respect to WT on leaving, which with his pay packet and whose paying for most of it is an obligation. That’s it
100%, he left with class but he has been one of the big contributors to our failure to play finals. We will be better off without him and his huge salary.

WA Tiger

Bench
Put it this way The Hassler. I get your angle with a player leaving the club whose been vilified so often. Any other player you’d give that to I’d prob let it go, coz ure judgement is normally at least reasonable and esp if that player put in the effort and had the passion for getting a win for WT that say Reynolds did, with and without the ball. But not with Mbye, sorry

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Put it this way The Hassler. I get your angle with a player leaving the club whose been vilified so much. Any other player you’d give that to I’d prob let it go, coz ure judgement is at least reasonable and esp if thst player put in the effort and passion for getting a win for WT that say Reynolds did. But not with Mbye, sorry

That's ok...different viewpoints on different "points of view"

BrotherJim05

Bench
Okay so lets do the math (taken from Zero-Tackle)

Outgoing:
Packer - 750
Mbye - 950
BJ - 550

All the players that need to be re-signed, I doubt it would be much more than what they are currently on, plus Hastings and Gidart can't be on huge money. Let's say all these expenses amount to $750k

That leaves 1.5 million to be spent for 2022, but the fact is there really isn't many players off contract. I think it's best we persist with the players we have (plus Gidart/Hastings), maybe sign up a couple more young guns who can't break into the starting 17 at their club, then just front load the f**k out of people's salaries. We should then have a HUGE war chest for 2023, we can start looking at now. Players I would throw the chequebook at:
Manu (to play Centre - we will know by 2023 who wins the other spot out of Talau/Gidart)
Hectic Cheese (starting 9 - Liddle/Simpkin will have to fight out for bench)
Kaufusi (partner with Luciano as starting 2nd rowers and Garner/Blore fight it out for bench spot)

I know it sounds utterly ridiculous that the Tigers would be able to sign any of these players, but it becomes much more appealing to players when they know other big names are coming as well (they don't feel like it's all on them). We would need to break the bank with all three of these players, but if you could get them all on board (dare I say bus) you know what you are going to get out of them week in week out

WT Unity

Juniors

Outgoing:
Packer - 750
Mbye - 950
BJ - 550

All the players that need to be re-signed, I doubt it would be much more than what they are currently on, plus Hastings and Gidart can't be on huge money. Let's say all these expenses amount to $750k

That leaves 1.5 million to be spent for 2022, but the fact is there really isn't many players off contract. I think it's best we persist with the players we have (plus Gidart/Hastings), maybe sign up a couple more young guns who can't break into the starting 17 at their club, then just front load the f**k out of people's salaries. We should then have a HUGE war chest for 2023, we can start looking at now. Players I would throw the chequebook at:
Manu (to play Centre - we will know by 2023 who wins the other spot out of Talau/Gidart)
Kaufusi (partner with Luciano as starting 2nd rowers and Garner/Blore fight it out for bench spot)

I know it sounds utterly ridiculous that the Tigers would be able to sign any of these players, but it becomes much more appealing to players when they know other big names are coming as well (they don't feel like it's all on them). We would need to break the bank with all three of these players, but if you could get them all on board (dare I say bus) you know what you are going to get out of them week in week out
We don't regain MByes full $950k back into our cap as we will still be paying approx half (reportedly) his salary next year.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Outgoing:
Packer - 750
Mbye - 950
BJ - 550

Pretty sure we are still paying half of Reynolds contract this year as well so probably add another 300-400K for next year.

Thanks Russell, you have been awesome for us.
They should have had him running over Matterson in his club montage.

$2.4m worth. The only good thing he did in 3 long seasons

$2.4m for about 7 seconds of damage.

Earned more than Bill Gates.

I guess it was all worth it to see Matt’s in la la land!

Tiger05

First Grade
Our cap is starting to get to a better position. Let's hope we get some better players and upgrade the right ones over the next couple of seasons.

I think Hastings will go pretty well. Gildart may be good too. I've only seen a little bit of Gildart. His attack looked good but defensively he was pretty ordinary. I think it's a flip of a coin with Gildart but hopefully we get lucky for once.

If we can focus on gun juniors like Blore and Stef and pick up a couple more that would be as good as it gets for Tigers fans.

Latest posts