What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Bunnies (Goodbye Corey)

It’s been a strange year for you guys, really mixing it up during the first half of the season.

You had more than your share of injuries and bad luck, really bad decision making by nrl and club officials.

The season that got away.

But that’s better than previous seasons when there was zero hope.

My analogy for sgi 2021 is.

“ it’s better to have played well and fallen, than never to have reached the 8 at all. “

Plenty of hope and ambition for 2022 with a bloody good coach and determined players. A show at least.

I’m sick of the destined clubs chumming it up for the finals and boring the rest of us to tears. Winning a billion games in a row, who the f cares?!

It always a better footy show to watch factory run amok.

Or to watch Hunt boot a ball into a player, the player fumble and the ball go out, sgi get the ball. Quality footy with some dog, no one injured. I loved every moment of that.

From the crowd:
EBD3A79E-32E7-4F16-81E3-1AC7C0FE5B88.jpeg
Everyone was booing except your crazed army of fans behind us.

They were making a lot of jokes as well about everything and everyone. Blokes in opposition jerseys being made fun of as we walked up the aisles but in a cheery way. Fearless!

They didn’t go feral because their side was being beaten, didn’t turn on their own players.

They are completely f**king mad though.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
If I had to choose a preferred option to win this year's premiership, then it would be Penrith - my least disliked of the remaining teams. The NRL really should just call the finals off! I mean, if the Dragons aren't playing, why bother?
I actually hope Manly win it if only to shut up all the wankers in the press that wrote them and Hassler off after just 5 rounds and in conjunction with that I hope that Saab & Garrick score tries to help them win the GF for them to show just exactly how bad our BOD got it wrong with Mc Fookknuckle & Co.

Fair to say that I also really do enjoy watching Tommy Turbo play and how I would love to have 1 like him in the Big Red V.

In a funny sort of a way I see a fair bit of Changa in Turbo especially his vision from FB as to where he needs to be in attack 3 plays before it even happens.

It's an innate ability only in the very best of FB's.

This Year?

Immortal
It’s been a strange year for you guys, really mixing it up during the first half of the season.

You had more than your share of injuries and bad luck, really bad decision making by nrl and club officials.

The season that got away.

But that’s better than previous seasons when there was zero hope.

My analogy for sgi 2021 is.

“ it’s better to have played well and fallen, than never to have reached the 8 at all. “

Plenty of hope and ambition for 2022 with a bloody good coach and determined players. A show at least.

I’m sick of the destined clubs chumming it up for the finals and boring the rest of us to tears. Winning a billion games in a row, who the f cares?!

It always a better footy show to watch factory run amok.

Or to watch Hunt boot a ball into a player, the player fumble and the ball go out, sgi get the ball. Quality footy with some dog, no one injured. I loved every moment of that.

From the crowd:
View attachment 53411
Everyone was booing except your crazed army of fans behind us.

They were making a lot of jokes as well about everything and everyone.

They didn’t go feral because their side was being beaten, didn’t turn on their own players.

They are completely f**king mad though.
The DA is what makes going to a Saints game an experience. The 1st thing I do when I get inside the ground is to see where they are sitting. I've been to games where there's easily 200+ and other games where it looked no more than 20, but you always hear them and you are totally right about their unwavering support. Every club has their supporter groups, but I'd like to think ours is special in their unique way.

Crush

Coach
I actually hope Manly win it if only to shut up all the wankers in the press that wrote them and Hassler off after just 5 rounds and in conjunction with that I hope that Saab & Garrick score tries to help them win the GF for them to show just exactly how bad our BOD got it wrong with Mc Fookknuckle & Co.

Fair to say that I also really do enjoy watching Tommy Turbo play and how I would love to have 1 like him in the Big Red V.

In a funny sort of a way I see a fair bit of Changa in Turbo especially his vision from FB as to where he needs to be in attack 3 plays before it even happens.

It's an innate ability only in the very best of FB's.
Manly vs Parra would be a fun GF.
Wouldn’t the NRL be so much more exciting at this time of year if some of the regular bottom 8 teams made up the top 4?
Imagine how excited the fans would be to have a top 4 of Dragons, Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors. The streets would be lined with streamers!
But instead it’ll be another Storm vs (2nd strongest team of said year)

The DA is what makes going to a Saints game an experience. The 1st thing I do when I get inside the ground is to see where they are sitting. I've been to games where there's easily 200+ and other games where it looked no more than 20, but you always hear them and you are totally right about their unwavering support. Every club has their supporter groups, but I'd like to think ours is special in their unique way.
They are loud all right. On and on and on!

A rooster fan was at the game decked out in his tricolours and I watched him walk up the isle past the DA and sure enough:

“ Theres always one fellas!”

Someone else responds “ there’s always one!”

Mutterings and more knocking.

Then the punchline:

“ Hey dickhead, wrong match, you’re at the f**king wrong match, get your money back!”

And the Da is smiling and laughing as a pensive rooster guy walked on.

But they teased a smile out of him I think and they seemed to like he was in on it too.

All in all, yeah they added some fun, theatre and a bit of sparkle to the crowd experience. A bit of threat if you didn’t get the vibe I guess.

Leave them be is the best policy lol.

I like to see people enjoying themselves at the footy. That’s what makes game day attendance great.

With all the rules and crap, it’s good to witness a bit of spirit.

Some big blokes in the DA.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I sincerely hope that for once we direct the ball away from Norman and just let some people with natural talent take over how the attack unfolds.

If that happens then I actually believe we can get the chocolates tonight.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'd just love some more of what we witnessed last week.

Pour on some of that sweet, sweet attacking pizzazz and we will give any souffs side a run for their money tonight, at least until we run out of gas, half way through the second half, as is our go of late.

Having said that, a final victory and opportunity to belt out "Oh when the Saints" one last time, to put this retched season behind us and give us some kind of momentum into the off-season flogging they both need and deserve to get 'em super fit for a red hot crack at season '22...

epDragon62

First Grade
I think even for some of Dufty's faults in defence he could of had a send off as well being a Saint George junior he did give some exciting moments with his passing which led to tries and also at times his individual try scoring ability good luck to him in the future
I don't agree.

Look, I don't wish Dufty any harm but he has not shown the commitment that is necessary and has turned on his teammates when he has made a mistake.

Sloan is improving and deserves to be there.

I'm a little different about Clune; he should be playing instead of Norman.

I think even for some of Dufty's faults in defence he could of had a send off as well being a Saint George junior
Correct. He and Clune.. juniors from both sides of the merger deserved better. But no sentiment from this coach as his heart does not lie in Dragon's territory.. as Mary's did. Pity we poor suffering fans cant have a say in picking not only the players we want but also our coaches.

Last edited: