What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
Have you watched the last 30 minutes? We’ve actually outscored the Broncos.

imagien if we rested Ponga and Pearce, this forum would be much happier knowing it’s actually mostly reserves out there. Not expecting to win but excited to see them in action.

Its perspective.
I’ve kinda watched it. It’s a game we were never going to win. We surrendered defence when we named the team. It’s just a nothing game for us.

Perspective is looking back over the last 5 or 6 weeks and realising that is much more relevant to next week.

Johns Magic

Referee
It's not even close. Sione is ordinary, Mann is diabolical.

Not only was Sione better…but even when he was out of form, you could chuck him on as bench middle and tell him to just truck it up and make tackles and he’d do a job.

Mann can’t be hidden.

Jono078

Referee
Well, we talked about how the focus was on our attack this week. Coaches did a great job there.
Our reserve team scored 18 points in 35 minutes. Pretty good mate.

I reckon it’s gotta be a record for offloads for us, none which led to tries mind you.

perverse

Referee
I’ve kinda watched it. It’s a game we were never going to win. We surrendered defence when we named the team. It’s just a nothing game for us.

Perspective is looking back over the last 5 or 6 weeks and realising that is much more relevant to next week.
Why play our spine and tell the media all week that we're focusing everything on getting our attack right, then? Do you think that worked well?

slotmachine

First Grade
As trendy as it is to shit on the coaches playing finals two years running after an 18 year gap counts for something.

Zero confidence they can fix the attack though, and I mean for next year, not next week.

perverse

Referee
Our reserve team scored 18 points in 35 minutes. Pretty good mate.

I reckon it’s gotta be a record for offloads for us, none which led to tries mind you.
Didn't hurt that the Broncos put the cue in the rack, and it's not like it was from any sort of structure or attacking prowess. A few individual efforts does not a good attacking team make.

Jono078

Referee
As trendy as it is to shit on the coaches playing finals two years running after an 18 year gap counts for something.

Zero confidence they can fix the attack though, and I mean for next year, not next week.
This is true and a nice reminder.

Please don’t take this as me comparing us to a Ferrari but it feels like we’ve made the finals by winning a race against a bunch of Toyota Yaris’. Limiting ourselves to 100km/h an hour when you know we can go double.

Loose Cannon

Bench
It's not even close. Sione is ordinary, Mann is diabolical.

Not only was Sione better…but even when he was out of form, you could chuck him on as bench middle and tell him to just truck it up and make tackles and he’d do a job.

Mann can’t be hidden.
Agree with this. Sione in the back row was adequate, awful at centre.

Mann is awful at Rugby League.

Jono078

Referee
Didn't hurt that the Broncos put the cue in the rack, and it's not like it was from any sort of structure or attacking prowess. A few individual efforts does not a good attacking team make.
Ugh, I knew I should’ve mentioned that was sarcasm. Thought you’d pick up on it since we are usually on the same wave length of thinking around this team haha.

perverse

Referee

It does, particularly given the circumstances of the season.

However, it does also just botch over the real problems, too. I think it's actually more frustrating in some respects, that we're just wasting the opportunities. Still, you do have to make the finals regularly to get anywhere - and at least we're starting to tick that box. Baby steps, I guess.

The only way the attack gets better is with a complete overhaul of all our systems. That's going to mean new attacking coaches. If we run with the same muppets, we can expect the same muppetry.