What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R25 Sat - Brisbane 35-22 Newcastle @ Suncorp

Round 25: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
I’m sure Adam O knows more about footy than me, but I dunno if playing a near full strength side against a bottom 3 side and then pulling the best players off because you know you’re not going to win is going to provide confidence for your team.

Nerd

Bench
Great to get a win in the last game of the year and not having Milford, Coates and Glenn around next year is a bonus in itself let alone them being replaced by much better players.

Volcom6685

Juniors
I’m sure Adam O knows more about footy than me, but I dunno if playing a near full strength side against a bottom 3 side and then pulling the best players off because you know you’re not going to win is going to provide confidence for your team.
Near full strength . We rested 7 players lmao .

blaza88z

Coach
Near full strength . We rested 7 players lmao .

Do you think you win if you don't rest them? because I certainly don't

We've seen teams rest players and be at least competitive (Parra for example for 40 minutes). That game was getting out of hand quickly even before he pulled off their key spine players, a late resurgence off the back of some basic errors from us flattered Newcastle in the end. Newcastle rested their forwards and in the first half you can hardly say they didn't get the field position they needed to score, they just simply couldn't (with their key playmakers out there).

I genuinely thought Newcastle were going to concede 50 with 25 to go.

O'Brien is saying all the things fans want to hear but what I seen (and any Newcastle fan who isn't living under some sort illusion would've seen), is they couldn't score against one of the worst teams in the comp. The week before they scraped it in to beat the Titans who haven't been setting it on fire either.

Before you point out the bleedingly obvious, yes I know my team is out of the race and will be attending mad Monday.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Niu
6. Kelly/Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin/Paix/Off season signing
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki/TC Robati
13. Carrigan

Pretty quality squad developing to be honest. Just the addition of Reynolds alone is going to be massive.

blaza88z

Coach
1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Niu
6. Kelly/Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin/Paix/Off season signing
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki/TC Robati
13. Carrigan

Pretty quality squad developing to be honest. Just the addition of Reynolds alone is going to be massive.

You are off your head if you are seriously going to swing Niu out to the wing.

Cobbo is still a decent season or two away from being a fullback.

Latest posts