What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Bunnies (Goodbye Corey)

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Watching that game, we need a new coaching team. Hook is not the coach to bring the young blokes through.
Hook has a record of bringing young players through. I think at Penrith and Donkies he did that well. In his interview he really focussed on the youth academy and junior pathways so I think that will come to fruition. Strangely to me it’s as if he wrote off 2021 as a transition rebuild year, then the infamous BBQ wrecked any chance of hanging in the eight. Reserving judgement but needs to be a big improvement in 2022

Maddragon99

Juniors
Ok I stand corrected, Anthony Griffin is obviously a once in a generation Super Coach and we look like top eight certainties in 2022.

Nice final touch by Griffin’s all time favourite player when the game was on the line. Resign him immediately!

Crush

Coach
I do not understand Hook. Why he selected Norman for 25 weeks straight I have no idea. And Beale, really?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Hook has a record of bringing young players through. I think at Penrith and Donkies he did that well. In his interview he really focussed on the youth academy and junior pathways so I think that will come to fruition. Strangely to me it’s as if he wrote off 2021 as a transition rebuild year, then the infamous BBQ wrecked any chance of hanging in the eight. Reserving judgement but needs to be a big improvement in 2022
Not seeing it. We are playing a footy style better suited to 10 years ago, and Hook has been recruiting players with their best days behind them to carry it out.

Crush

Coach
I’ve tried very hard to think of something smart, witty, funny to say about that last play and alas all I can think of is

Very sad and a fitting end to what can be best described as a real life tragedy that the greatest philosophers of Ancient Greece would be proud of.
Are you still a staunch supporter of Hook?

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
When from the kick-off you don't even look like threatening a reserve-grade team, maybe the issues go beyond the playing 17.

Had big hopes for Hook - perhaps unfairly given the "anyone else" vibe of the Mary years - but even accounting for everything else that's gone against the club this year, I'm very disappointed.

Latest posts