What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Bunnies (Goodbye Corey)

qld redvee

Juniors
He looks sharp, has a nice crisp pass and is pretty quick. We need a hooker for reserve grade and to back up Macca.
Say Amone gets first dibs at 6. Sullivan plays 7 in reserves and Lussick is the 9. He’s an out and out 9 and they can build a little combo together in reserve grade that if we get in the fortunate position to rest players we have some nice ready made combos, or the unfortunate event of injuries we have a plan instead of playing Mbye at hooker in rotation with McGuire.
And he would be a cheap option while we get the juniours up to speed

kit66

Bench
I haven't watched a Dragons game in months, only listened on the radio, so I was unprepared for how supremely pathetic our team is in the flesh. That first half of footy was some of the worst first grade play I've ever seen, just horrible. Errors, no game plan, sh*t kicking game, Norman being Norman, Lawrie - I saw him make one hit up for about 3 metres in the first half around the 5 minute mark then disappear back into the grass. Footy's a simple game, forwards take a couple of hitups and make some metres then the halves take over, then kick on the last. Not us.
I'd like to go back and see how many times I've posted in the last 4 years saying we need some big boppers up front and I'm still begging. The Bunnies had nothing tonight, they scored just one legit try ( after we gifted them field position ) and we didn't even look like beating them until the last few minutes. Anyway, Norman's gone - him dropping the ball on the last when we had a last minute chance to grab victory was the cherry on top wasn't it, what a fool. I'm extremely disappointed with Hook, he's done nothing to improve our team, nothing. How many times did the halves die with the ball ? Why is DeBelin, a great ball playing lock not being utilized ? I give up. If we don't buy some more good props before March 2022 I'll continue to not bother watching.

Dragon David

First Grade
I laughed out loud for most of the game tonight. Better than watching the 3 stooges. The reserve grade Bunnies just did enough to win. We were pathetic and I'm just over having to bag the team every week. We have been lost in the wilderness for far too long and I don't think that any of the players are happy chappys. The coaches need to sharpen up their skills as well.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
And he would be a cheap option while we get the juniours up to speed
As far as I’m aware we don’t have an out and out gun coming through, other than the kid George Dragon shared the other day. That kid is 15 and looks exceptional and in 4-5 years time he could be nipping at his heels which is what we need. Freddy is 21, so similar age to our crop of Lomax, Sloan, Amone, Ramsey, Feagai etc. This is the kind of planning we need. Macca/Hunt teach Lussick everything they know about the position and then pass the torch on.

Illusion

Bench
I haven't watched a Dragons game in months, only listened on the radio, so I was unprepared for how supremely pathetic our team is in the flesh. That first half of footy was some of the worst first grade play I've ever seen, just horrible. Errors, no game plan, sh*t kicking game, Norman being Norman, Lawrie - I saw him make one hit up for about 3 metres in the first half around the 5 minute mark then disappear back into the grass. Footy's a simple game, forwards take a couple of hitups and make some metres then the halves take over, then kick on the last. Not us.
I'd like to go back and see how many times I've posted in the last 4 years saying we need some big boppers up front and I'm still begging. The Bunnies had nothing tonight, they scored just one legit try ( after we gifted them field position ) and we didn't even look like beating them until the last few minutes. Anyway, Norman's gone - him dropping the ball on the last when we had a last minute chance to grab victory was the cherry on top wasn't it, what a fool. I'm extremely disappointed with Hook, he's done nothing to improve our team, nothing. How many times did the halves die with the ball ? Why is DeBelin, a great ball playing lock not being utilized ? I give up. If we don't buy some more good props before March 2022 I'll continue to not bother watching.
Agree mate , but for me the coach doesn't inspirer me at all .....

Dragon Mel

Juniors
Glad this train wreck is over. Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry for most of the season. These guys are like the muppets in the muppet show.

qld redvee

Juniors
As far as I’m aware we don’t have an out and out gun coming through, other than the kid George Dragon shared the other day. That kid is 15 and looks exceptional and in 4-5 years time he could be nipping at his heels which is what we need. Freddy is 21, so similar age to our crop of Lomax, Sloan, Amone, Ramsey, Feagai etc. This is the kind of planning we need. Macca/Hunt teach Lussick everything they know about the position and then pass the torch on.
FCD, young kid maybe development squad next year kicks goals first name conner or similar

Gareth67

First Grade
Without doubt the worse season ever that I can recall in the over half century that I have followed the Big Red V .

The players and coach have a lot of soul searching to do over the off-season . They must come back next year as a team that have the will to win and not drop their bundles when points are scored against them .

Big relief that we no longer need to worry about how things could possibly be worse - as they have done it all this season.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
FCD, young kid maybe development squad next year kicks goals first name conner or similar
I have heard about this young Mulheisin or whatever his name is. The few games I’ve seen he hasn’t really set the world on fire but he seems to have wraps on him. Definitely if given the choice I’d take a local bloke. I just heard a rumour that we were looking to sign Lussick so figured maybe Hook didn’t rate Connor, who knows. Either way we definitely need a backup hooker and one that can become a really good one. We haven’t been able to produce really great spine players as yet at the JV.

Trifili13

Juniors
While Norman is no immoral in waiting, our problems run much deeper than him. I saw plenty of times last night after 3 hit ups we had made less than 10 metres, and on a couple of occasions it was less than 5, and struggled to make 30 before our kick on the last. Other teams making 50 or 60 regularly against us. You can't win reserve grade let alone first grade games like that. That's not Norman's fault, that's a lack of grunt in the forwards.

blacksafake

First Grade
Like most games it all starts with the forwards & again last night showed how far off the pace our pack is which is why Hook is trying to beef up the pack.
It would be nice to see our edge runners & spine working off a pack capable of making more than 10/20 metres per set.

With all the shit happening in the world, you’d think watching your team play footy would be a bit of an escape. Nope. Not these bunch of useless merkins. Thanks St George for making things just a little bit worse. Piss poor the lot of you
The team as it is now would not win the ladies premier division. They are not even third rate, Actually words fail me.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Bunker doesn't pick up Fergai getting pushed in the back and ref awards a try..Bunker disallows tries against the dragons at will..We would have won the game,.media act like nothing's happened. .In my opinion there's bias against the dragons
Both Fittler and Lockyer said it should have been a penalty.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Like most games it all starts with the forwards & again last night showed how far off the pace our pack is which is why Hook is trying to beef up the pack.
It would be nice to see our edge runners & spine working off a pack capable of making more than 10/20 metres per set.
Totally agree, everything comes off the back of our lack of forwards. We spend most games coming off our line making barely any metres which gives the opposition good ball regularly and eventually results in tries, repeat sets and mistakes which all result in possession swings. This takes all the gas out of our tank which compounds things further. Add to that on the very rare times we have a chance for a good kick or the end of set Norman takes the wrong option 9 times out 10.