What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest changes needed in 2022

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Here's my three changes which should be undertaken as a matter of urgency:
1. Change the paint colour in the training rooms, it's still giving off bad vibes.
2. Free counselling service to all fans following another miserable season.
3. Stop sending trip-a-deal emails when we can't go anywhere due to lockdowns. It just adds to the misery.

Mojo

Bench
Some basics:
1. it’s hard to catch a footy with your fingers crossed;
2. it’s hard to be evasive in attack when standing still with eyes closed;
3. Rava: it‘s not necessary to physically attack everything that comes within a ten metre radius - especially if it’s inanimate (eg; a bouncing ball);
4. Corey - never mind, “money can’t buy you love, my friend”
5. BBQ‘s and beers aren’t team building; winning is.
6. Josh - the thing with eyes and ears is called a head. They changed the rules; you’re not allowed to punch it any more - that sport is called boxing;
7. Backlines have more than three players in them so it’s OK to keep passing the ball out;
8. cute kicks to the opposing fullback or wing usually don’t help much;
9. senior players don’t learn how to play from junior players; it’s usually the other way around;
10. colluding to disobey the coach is likely to end badly all-round.

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
The best thing we have going for us is Ryan Webb. I think he has vision. But is the board going to chain him and allow him to only open the door and then the board make the decision to walk through the door. We as supporters want success and deservedly so. My mates laugh when looking at our club saying you should be top 6 every year with he base of St George and the money Of Win. The problem is, does the BOD demand and command the success we want cause as I see from an outsider they are the anchors holding us down like the titanic. Let’s be real bennet when he arrived told the BOD. Stay out of my way and let me do my job. Premiership then arrived. I can see it now. Favourite son returns to coach dragons ie Dean Young. I believe hook knows what he is doing. But 8 weeks next year is plenty for all to realize if he is the right man. If not get Jason Ryles. He has been away from our systems.

denis preston

First Grade
The best thing we have going for us is Ryan Webb. I think he has vision. But is the board going to chain him and allow him to only open the door and then the board make the decision to walk through the door. We as supporters want success and deservedly so. My mates laugh when looking at our club saying you should be top 6 every year with he base of St George and the money Of Win. The problem is, does the BOD demand and command the success we want cause as I see from an outsider they are the anchors holding us down like the titanic. Let’s be real bennet when he arrived told the BOD. Stay out of my way and let me do my job. Premiership then arrived. I can see it now. Favourite son returns to coach dragons ie Dean Young. I believe hook knows what he is doing. But 8 weeks next year is plenty for all to realize if he is the right man. If not get Jason Ryles. He has been away from our systems.
The St George part of the board IMO are giving Spider plenty of rope to do what he needs. They know that they are voted back on how the Leagues club is performing not the football club.The WIN side i've got no idea apart from the fact so far they have had short pockets ( perhaps it's the 400 mill project in Wollongong that does this ) Andrew Gordon looks challenged. So in conclusion Spider really impresses me and i think he has the power to do what he thinks needs to be done. History will show if this is true or not.

itsme

Juniors
I would like 2 changes:

1. A new defensive coach
2. A new person in charge of our strength and conditioning

They will set the platform for success on the field, as well as address our 2 biggest weaknesses as a squad.

We lack fitness and physicality to match the top sides, and our defence is not up to standard.

blacksafake

First Grade
They say that defence comes from attitude so hopefully our attitude improves.

What’s people’s thoughts on the recently retired James Maloney coming on board to help out in the attacking department. Was a smart operator & successful at a number of clubs.
Did he play under Hook at Penrith?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
They say that defence comes from attitude so hopefully our attitude improves.

What’s people’s thoughts on the recently retired James Maloney coming on board to help out in the attacking department. Was a smart operator & successful at a number of clubs.
Did he play under Hook at Penrith?
I would love him, he'd be perfect for our young halves and is a country boy so would probably love to setting down the Gong. I think he's going to live in France for a couple of years though and eat fromage and drink vin while plying his trade in the local league.

blacksafake

First Grade
I would love him, he'd be perfect for our young halves and is a country boy so would probably love to setting down the Gong. I think he's going to live in France for a couple of years though and eat fromage and drink vin while plying his trade in the local league.
Yeah now that you mention it he did say he was going to spend some time in France before coming home. I think he’ll be a bonus to any coaching staff should he decide to go that way.

Mojo

Bench
I was hoping he’d be an option but I can’t blame him, good on him he’s earned a good break.
He’d be excellent, if only it were a real possibility. He’s what I call a genuine rugby league player. Apparently, through his entire NRL career he never played for a side that didn’t make the finals which, if true, is a significant stat (fact check might be required).

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He’d be excellent, if only it were a real possibility. He’s what I call a genuine rugby league player. Apparently, through his entire NRL career he never played for a side that didn’t make the finals which, if true, is a significant stat (fact check might be required).
They brought him to Penrith to show Cleary how it’s done and look how that turned out.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yeah now that you mention it he did say he was going to spend some time in France before coming home. I think he’ll be a bonus to any coaching staff should he decide to go that way.
I did hear him state that he wanted to get into coaching after his retirement from playing. I thought at the time, he would be a valuable asset to any NRL club.
Not only for his footy smarts, but also his personality in bringing a group together.
He’s also master of the solo BBQ, so would be right in the Dragons lane.

Mojo

Bench
I did hear him state that he wanted to get into coaching after his retirement from playing. I thought at the time, he would be a valuable asset to any NRL club.
Not only for his footy smarts, but also his personality in bringing a group together.
He’s also master of the solo BBQ, so would be right in the Dragons lane.
You can pick up some decent fromage and a baguette in the Gong these days.

Latest posts