What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R25 Sun - Wests Tigers 0-38 Canterbury @ Moreton Daily

Round 25: Wests Tigers v Canterbury

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's a half and a supposed leader. He simply cannot lead and he's a longstanding player who should set a standard.

He does. It's a very low standard.
Personally I think he is a good player and could be a difference maker but being forced to play out of position by a coach with little imagination.

I appreciate he isn’t offering as much as the fans want, but as someone that has great affection for the Tigers it frustrates me that Brooks is constantly singled out for terrible performances. Next year when the fans can’t blame Ivan I think it will ramp up to another level.

The_Frog

First Grade
It certainly helps when they play 16 out of 24 games at home... which is quite interesting that the other 2 QLD teams only played their usual 12 home games.
The NRL thought horse members would come out and support their side in away games and pay to do it, but they were wrong.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Personally I think he is a good player and could be a difference maker but being forced to play out of position by a coach with little imagination.

I appreciate he isn’t offering as much as the fans want, but as someone that has great affection for the Tigers it frustrates me that Brooks is constantly singled out for terrible performances. Next year when the fans can’t blame Ivan I think it will ramp up to another level.
His 5th tackle options are terrible. The end.

Exsilium

First Grade
I don’t know why Panthers fans are carrying on like we’ve never had multiple years of mediocrity, shit coaching, players who we paid overs for and talented juniors we persisted with that were duds.

Pot kettle black.

We’re going OK but when we win it, we can act like merkins. Right now, we’re one of the rest.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I don’t know why Panthers fans are carrying on like we’ve never had multiple years of mediocrity, shit coaching, players who we paid overs for and talented juniors we persisted with that were duds.

Pot kettle black.

We’re going OK but when we win it, we can act like merkins. Right now, we’re one of the rest.

Fair enough.

I just don’t get the animosity of Tigpies fans towards us just because Ivan would rather coach a team that his Son is playing for.

Anyone would think that we nicked half their playing roster or were instrumental in having them relocated to Perth or to Brisbane for their second team…

JB04

Juniors
Fair enough.

I just don’t get the animosity of Tigpies fans towards us just because Ivan would rather coach a team that his Son is playing for.

Anyone would think that we nicked half their playing roster or were instrumental in having them relocated to Perth or to Brisbane for their second team…
Nor do I. I have nothing against the Panthers nor their fans, I actually wished you all the best last week and referred to you as our ‘catbros.’

So to see some fans on here saying ‘sucked in enjoy the off season’ yada yada and calling us pathetic is pretty disappointing in all honesty. We know we are pathetic we don’t need it from all angles.

Nor do I. I have nothing against the Panthers nor their fans, I actually wished you all the best last week and referred to you as our ‘catbros.’

So to see some fans on here saying ‘sucked in enjoy the off season’ yada yada and calling us pathetic is pretty disappointing in all honesty. We know we are pathetic we don’t need it from all angles.
I agree that saying sucked in is not cool and it is where we were for a long time not so long ago.

That wasn’t my intention so if Tigers fans took it that way I can only apologise; obviously hard to get tone right on forums (particularly when you absolutely refuse to use emojis like I do).

Reflector

Juniors
Fair enough.

It really is like the fat, all-day gaming, bucket bong smoking manchild bitching about how his dad seems to favour his brother who's made something of himself...

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Fair enough.

There's animosity there because Cleary was a coach that was heavily involved in signing up a significant number of players on big money for 3-4 years.

Those players have delivered an extremely poor return which has further entrenched us in a very long finals drought. I certainly don't wish him any harm, but I don't avoid the fact that he played a big role in extending our longstanding salary cap issues.

It happened. He left. Those players are now also pretty much gone and it's time to move on, I agree with that. The animosity was also towards Cleary alone, not Penrith per se.

Examine it imagining a coach of Penrith had a long term deal, signed up a number of players on big money and walked out leaving a salary cap clogged with players not putting in performances commensurate with their big salaries.

Years laters, the roster is still suffering, and the signings of the coach that bailed are a very significant factor amongst a host of other reasons.

You certainly would not view that individual in a favourable way.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
There's animosity there because Cleary was a coach that was heavily involved in signing up a significant number of players on big money for 3-4 years.

Those players have delivered an extremely poor return which has further entrenched us in a very long finals drought. I certainly don't wish him any harm, but I don't avoid the fact that he played a big role in extending our longstanding salary cap issues.

It happened. He left. Those players are now also pretty much gone and it's time to move on, I agree with that. The animosity was also towards Cleary alone, not Penrith per se.

Examine it imagining a coach of Penrith had a long term deal, signed up a number of players on big money and walked out leaving a salary cap clogged with players not putting in performances commensurate with their big salaries.

Years laters, the roster is still suffering, and the signings of the coach that bailed are a very significant factor amongst a host of other reasons.

You certainly would not view that individual in a favourable way.
Don’t worry there’s a light at the end of the tunnel…

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Don’t worry there’s a light at the end of the tunnel…
Move towards the light, my child...

ba0d9a8cf27c6e0d15d5eb8d4dec4969.gif

JB04

Juniors
I agree that saying sucked in is not cool and it is where we were for a long time not so long ago.

That wasn’t my intention so if Tigers fans took it that way I can only apologise; obviously hard to get tone right on forums (particularly when you absolutely refuse to use emojis like I do).
All good mate. All the best for finals, hope you flog south’s!