What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would love to see the day the Storm have a successful and flourishing junior base system so the likes of the Broncos and other clubs can pillage the joint of its good players…
well they take the avg player, make them good and then other clubs sign them, so what goes around comes around!

Its not the 70's anymore, its professional sport and no-one cares where players are born, as long as they win them games.

Generalzod

Immortal
well they take the avg player, make them good and then other clubs sign them, so what goes around comes around!

Its not the 70's anymore, its professional sport and no-one cares where players are born, as long as they win them games.
Crap crap crap, so other areas that grow the game for the likes of the Storm who basically add no value to Rugby league when it comes to junior development disgraceful I tell you

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Crap crap crap, so other areas that grow the game for the likes of the Storm who basically add no value to Rugby league when it comes to junior development disgraceful I tell you
Ironic your club is set to benefit from the Storms amazing player development system next season :)

Like I said its not the 70's. There are two tiers:
1. Get as many kids playing the game as possible, wherever you can get them playing - responsibility of ARLC and State bodies (with pokie dens if they are around)
2. NRL clubs to have quality scouting, elite pathways and development programs to take the top cream of all those kids and turn them into professional RL players.

Who gives a sht where those kids play as kids? Didnt see you bemoaning reliance on players from elsewhere when the likes of Johnson, Chambers, Woods, Graham et al were signed by the Sharks.

To get kids playing a game they have little exposure to on a day to day basis (its not that long ago NRL was on at midnight in Melbourne on FTA), their parents didnt grow up playing and where another sport dominates the schoolyard takes massive investment and long term strategy, something the NRL has been unwilling or unable to do.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Ironic your club is set to benefit from the Storms amazing player development system next season :)

Like I said its not the 70's. There are two tiers:
1. Get as many kids playing the game as possible, wherever you can get them playing - responsibility of ARLC and State bodies (with pokie dens if they are around)
2. NRL clubs to have quality scouting, elite pathways and development programs to take the top cream of all those kids and turn them into professional RL players.

Who gives a sht where those kids play as kids? Didnt see you bemoaning reliance on players from elsewhere when the likes of Johnson, Chambers, Woods, Graham et al were signed by the Sharks.

To get kids playing a game they have little exposure to on a day to day basis (its not that long ago NRL was on at midnight in Melbourne on FTA), their parents didnt grow up playing and where another sport dominates the schoolyard takes massive investment and long term strategy, something the NRL has been unwilling or unable to do.

Renember Nikau and Kearns where did the Storm buy those players from?

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Let me say I am def no Broncos or QLD fan, but I have some new found respect for Kevvi. He showed some respect and acted like an honourable man in his press conference. Many others would have whinged and blamed everyone else
Definitely agree with this. A couple of other coaches would do well to take heed of how to act with some class when things don't go as planned.

Meth

Staff member
In 2021, that's a penalty. It's soft, but that's where the administration has got us. Can't blame Roosters and you can't even really blame the refs or the bunker for that.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Let me say I am def no Broncos or QLD fan, but I have some new found respect for Kevvi. He showed some respect and acted like an honourable man in his press conference. Many others would have whinged and blamed everyone else
This is true but let's remember our season has been gone for some time.
I reckon if we were fighting for a top 4 spot he may have acted a little different

big hit!

Bench
I don't think he would, he doesn't make excuses, unlike Seiflop.

I love the continued criticism of so called Seiflop - a bloke who took a team to the prelim in his first season of coaching after that club failed to make the 8 in the two previous seasons. This achievement has so far not been bettered by Bennett in the two subsequent seasons.

I'm not saying Seibold isn't blameless in the Donkeys collapse. After all, he bailed on a current contract with another club. Bennett saw him as an enemy just as the Brisbane front office was. He left that playing squad thinking the same thing. And with operatives like Boyd in the midst, you knew the Mules would roll over like the Afghan forces did for the Taliban.

But the Broncos knew was contracted to another club too, so the arrogant merkin of an organisation got what it deserved.

lynx000

Juniors
Kevvie wants an extension. And why not, he's lifted the broncos from last to 2nd last.

3rd last now. We lost two games by one point, were in both games against Penrith and at least one or two others we were in it. Wehave only had our best back for 3 weeks of the season and KW has had revolving halves, half ouf of necessity.

It looks like he is turning the joint around, but I would not be looking to re-sign him until I saw how they were tracking by round 10-12 next year.

blaza88z

Coach
They shouldn't be in a rush, Kevvie only wants to be at one club.. let's be honest here

If we start off next season the way we are finishing this season, he will earn it but I would like to see what he can do with the roster he has put together

THE CHAMP

First Grade

lynx000

Juniors
You would have to think Payten is under a world of pressure compared to Kev with the way the two clubs finished the second half of the season.

The cows do not appear to have recruited well. If he has a poor start to the season the jungle drums may start beating fairly early.

Latest posts