What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

hindy111

Post Whore
The old system meant you could also finish 4th and you play 5th. That would be generaly a close game. Had you lost and either 6th,7th or 8th caused an upset then you where out. Same as 3rd if lost. Only the top 2 where garuanteed safety.

The worse part was most likely(nearly everytime) 1 and 2 would win and the side who finished 6th had 2 bites at cherry. And all those games where pointless. Just partner swaps.
Now every game has a plus and minus. And isn't based on what other sides win or lose

hindy111

Post Whore
Old system would mean

Storm vs Titans
Penrith vs Knights

We all would know the result. The other games would be completely pointless and just swap who you played.

Kornstar

Coach
I guess this game is a win-win for some people, if we lose the sack BA thread will be throwing a party and if we win, well we can celebrate another week........i bet there are some very conflicted Eels fans at the moment!

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I guess this game is a win-win for some people, if we lose the sack BA thread will be throwing a party and if we win, well we can celebrate another week........i bet there are some very conflicted Eels fans at the moment!
Nah,

We're just passionate fans that want our team to win and we'll be extremely happy to be proven wrong by the bushmeister if we can win a premiership

84 Baby

Referee
Win and have a week off.
Lose and play the side who finished 5th or 8th in your home region. So if it was Canberra who finished 4th and lost they play in Canberra.

1st vs 8th is pointless. I think parra beating Saints is only time 8th has won.
I much prefer the new system. Top 4 are rewarded. 1st gets home final etc.
Warriors also did it in 08

Gronk

Staff member
He’s been disappointing of late.
Well he was on a high for a while and at times our best. Most players are starting semis bunged up, so benefit of the doubt there. On the upside we have way more than 17 fit and ready to go this year.

BTW 48mins 17 runs for 165m vs Pennys isn't that bad.

hindy111

Post Whore
Based on odds Knights are the shortest to cause a boil over.
I reckon the Titans are a good bet also at 4-1.

It is hard to know what Parra will do. We could blow the Knights away or get beat. I have no idea how the game pans out and go into it without much confidence to be honest.
We had a great win against the Storm. But that doesn't change the fact we have been very poor the previous few months. Play like we did against the Storm and we are unbeatable. If knights get the first try id immediately put them as favourites.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I can’t see how the knights beat us apart from us beating ourselves. As long as we are well prepared and don’t shit ourselves we should be too good for them.

The storm game is our benchmark and if we can match that for the finals we’ll go alright

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It is hard to know what Parra will do. We could blow the Knights away or get beat. I have no idea how the game pans out and go into it without much confidence to be honest.
We had a great win against the Storm. But that doesn't change the fact we have been very poor the previous few months. Play like we did against the Storm and we are unbeatable. If knights get the first try id immediately put them as favourites.
I felt the same way before the Broncos final in 2019.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Chooks are specials. Since their blow ups they are surprisingly winning penalty counts Ive read.

eels_fan

First Grade
Whilst the Knights were missing the Saifiti bros against the broncos, it wasnt the middle that was their problem, both edges were more flimsy than we looked back in the Fergo/Waqa combo days a few months back.

If Moses and Gutho cannot exploit that after no doubt watching the game and doing video this week - we deserve to lose.

We should reasonably expect that even at 80% of the effort/ability we put into the Storm game we'll come away with a strong 10+ point win, and thats not even considering we're adding RCG back in who has been our best prop imo all year, and Matto who defensively strengthens his edge.

If we lose on Sunday and therefore head straight out, BA should be punted - i know it wont happen - but it should. Man for man, across the park, we are a better team than them.