What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ponga is better than any of our players, and their forward leaders (plus Pearce) are more experienced than our guys. But the weaker members of our 17 are much stronger than theirs. The Knights are carrying half a dozen reserve graders.

eels_fan

First Grade
Ponga is better on potential/at his best, but apart from origin 3 I don’t think we’ve even see that this year.

pearce may have more experience, but he’s not playing better or offering more then Moses.

Realistically - Ice, Matto, Waqa and Penisini should have a field day on the edges.

they’ll be hoping for an upfront slogathon in the middle of the park, as long as we don’t allow ourselves to be dragged into that, we’ll be fine

Well he was on a high for a while and at times our best. Most players are starting semis bunged up, so benefit of the doubt there. On the upside we have way more than 17 fit and ready to go this year.

BTW 48mins 17 runs for 165m vs Pennys isn't that bad.
I was expecting more to be honest. Especially in attack. We know he has the skills.

I can’t see how the knights beat us apart from us beating ourselves. As long as we are well prepared and don’t shit ourselves we should be too good for them.

The storm game is our benchmark and if we can match that for the finals we’ll go alright
“If” is the key word there. If we play like how we did against the Storm we will go damn close. BA needs to get them up for the game like how did for the Storm. No excuses and no second chances now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gameplan should be simple - bomb Ponga, chase hard, and belt him as soon as he gets the ball (or contest it hardly in the air).

Ponga is a bit scared of getting manhandled.

Dare I say it - he's a bit of a cat.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nervous times ahead guys. It is what it is I guess. For what it’s worth I think you will be too good for the Knights, nothing to do with there defeat against the Broncos you are a better side particularly assuming RCG is fit to resume. Contain Ponga which you should be able to do and you have them covered. My opinion means shit I know but I really do think you’ll win this one.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nervous times ahead guys. It is what it is I guess. For what it’s worth I think you will be too good for the Knights, nothing to do with there defeat against the Broncos you are a better side particularly assuming RCG is fit to resume. Contain Ponga which you should be able to do and you have them covered.
Mate, your opinion means shit...
My opinion means shit I know but I really do think you’ll win this one.
Oh..Oops.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think I saw Pou May have suggested Ponga is better than anything you guys have. Maybe he is, maybe he’s not I don’t Know. He has always gotten huge wraps Kylan Ponga, personally I don’t see the value for money but that’s probably just me. I wouldn’t swap our own Dylan Edwards for him but again that’s just me, and most of our own fans on here would probably disagree. I’d keep Gutho on less money for Ponga but again that’s probably just me, wtf would I know. Never been convinced he is quite the million dollar man.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think I saw Pou May have suggested Ponga is better than anything you guys have. Maybe he is, maybe he’s not I don’t Know. He has always gotten huge wraps Kylan Ponga, personally I don’t see the value for money but that’s probably just me. I wouldn’t swap our own Dylan Edwards for him but again that’s just me, and most of our own fans on here would probably disagree. I’d keep Guthrie on less money for Ponga but again that’s probably just me, wtf would I know. Never been convinced he is quite the million dollar man.

Ponga has flashes of brilliance. He is the best ball playing fullback in the NRL. Problem is he is a bit Moylan like. Plays a little soft. And the guys on like a million dollars a season. He doesn't come close to Turbo or Teddy. Top shelf fullbacks are rarely quiet in a game. Ponga is kept quiet in about 50% of his games. That's his issue. On his day he he worth 850k. But half the time he is worth the 500k mark.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ponga has flashes of brilliance. He is the best ball playing fullback in the NRL. Problem is he is a bit Moylan like. Plays a little soft. And the guys on like a million dollars a season. He doesn't come close to Turbo or Teddy. Top shelf fullbacks are rarely quiet in a game. Ponga is kept quiet in about 50% of his games. That's his issue. On his day he he worth 850k. But half the time he is worth the 500k mark.
So we agree. There you go. He’s not good bang for buck in my opinion.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think I saw Pou May have suggested Ponga is better than anything you guys have. Maybe he is, maybe he’s not I don’t Know. He has always gotten huge wraps Kylan Ponga, personally I don’t see the value for money but that’s probably just me. I wouldn’t swap our own Dylan Edwards for him but again that’s just me, and most of our own fans on here would probably disagree. I’d keep Gutho on less money for Ponga but again that’s probably just me, wtf would I know. Never been convinced he is quite the million dollar man.

I agree.

I think Ponga is a better player than Gutherson, and Edwards, combined - but he doesn't have the energy, desire, and never-say-die courage that those two have.

Noise

Coach
I agree.

I think Ponga is a better player than Gutherson, and Edwards, combined - but he doesn't have the energy, desire, and never-say-die courage that those two have.
Ponga is due for a big game. I reckon he might produce an Origin 3 type performance this week.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ponga is due for a big game. I reckon he might produce an Origin 3 type performance this week.

He may.

But the cure for that would be to bomb his way, and smash him - he goes into his shell when you man-handle him physically.

Here's hoping Moses can bomb him, and Nathab Brown can line up a few good shots.

lingard

Coach
I reckon Arthur's will instruct or boys to let him run, in the hope that he'll tire himself out.

hindy111

Post Whore
So we agree. There you go. He’s not good bang for buck in my opinion.

Tell the boys in Penrith I'll be back on the bus once the Eels get beat. Otherwise I hope to kick your dirty arse in the Grand final.
Tell MulgaB to get f**ked also. Thanks

Latest posts