What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Just going to throw this out there, it's NOT A RUMOUR, just looking at our wing spots/stocks for '22 and I think Rava will definitely be on 1 wing, although Rava is 183cm and 93(?)kg.

On the other we have -
Ramsey - 185cm and 82kg
Max F - 186cm and 98kg
Mat F - 186cm and 96kg

Our tallest winger is 186cm and really we've been exposed several times with high kicks to the try line by players like Topou (Roosters) and even Saab, almost guaranteed try.

So, would anyone consider signing Edrick Lee? 196cm and 100kg. He's off contract with the Knights. Understand he's had some injury concerns.

I also understand that this creates a 'roadblock' to the 3 mentioned above, but can we afford not to have a 'tall' somewhat speedy winger, as this seems to be an avenue that we cannot defend atm.
I was an advocate for us signing Ken Maumalo when he left the Warriors- been one of the better Tigers since he's been there (not that it is much of a reference). Edrick Lee has always been an awkward opponent when we've faced him- so yes- I'm on board.

Belta

Juniors
Just going to throw this out there, it's NOT A RUMOUR, just looking at our wing spots/stocks for '22 and I think Rava will definitely be on 1 wing, although Rava is 183cm and 93(?)kg.

On the other we have -
Ramsey - 185cm and 82kg
Max F - 186cm and 98kg
Mat F - 186cm and 96kg

Our tallest winger is 186cm and really we've been exposed several times with high kicks to the try line by players like Topou (Roosters) and even Saab, almost guaranteed try.

So, would anyone consider signing Edrick Lee? 196cm and 100kg. He's off contract with the Knights. Understand he's had some injury concerns.

I also understand that this creates a 'roadblock' to the 3 mentioned above, but can we afford not to have a 'tall' somewhat speedy winger, as this seems to be an avenue that we cannot defend atm.
Just my opinion, if we sign a centre, than I think it’s better to be patient and provide opportunities for the backs you mentioned. Get your point re height but don’t see it as essential. Max and Matt at nearly 100kg (although not really tall) should have enough size and strength (as you’d imagine they’ll only get stronger and fitter) to be very good,

BIG RIG

Juniors
Just my opinion, if we sign a centre, than I think it’s better to be patient and provide opportunities for the backs you mentioned. Get your point re height but don’t see it as essential. Max and Matt at nearly 100kg (although not really tall) should have enough size and strength (as you’d imagine they’ll only get stronger and fitter) to be very good,
Well Matt has got the wing spot locked in IMO for 2022

Max was left out of the bubble due to his defence and it looks like Hook wants him to work more on his defence before he becomes a full first grader

So I like the signing of Suli - 550 k IMO may be abit to much but we may be able to reap the rewards

plus I believe that Jack Bird is a better forward

Dragsters

First Grade
Well Matt has got the wing spot locked in IMO for 2022

Max was left out of the bubble due to his defence and it looks like Hook wants him to work more on his defence before he becomes a full first grader

So I like the signing of Suli - 550 k IMO may be abit to much but we may be able to reap the rewards

plus I believe that Jack Bird is a better forward

We need Max to keep the pressure on Suli to ensure he keeps his effort up and doesn't relax.

I hope Max has a strong pre-season and there is a season-long fight for that left centre position...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I
Queensland reporters are stating that Ethan Bullemor is off to Manly but interesting footnote was that St George have made a late play but Manly are confident they have got him on a three year deal

I like Bullemor his young and has got some real go forward
would have taken him over Suli tbh.

denis preston

First Grade
We need Max to keep the pressure on Suli to ensure he keeps his effort up and doesn't relax.

I hope Max has a strong pre-season and there is a season-long fight for that left centre position...
Drag, wouldn't it be great of all contracts were incentive based. Play NRL very good contract.Dropped to Ressies then not so good contract but allowance for injuries.

Mojo

Bench
Drag, wouldn't it be great of all contracts were incentive based. Play NRL very good contract.Dropped to Ressies then not so good contract but allowance for injuries.
I've often asked the same question. With the preponderance of statistics that are recorded on every player in the comp, there's an overabundance of available KPIs.

denis preston

First Grade
I've often asked the same question. With the preponderance of statistics that are recorded on every player in the comp, there's an overabundance of available KPIs.
I'd love it but it wouldn't work. all clubs would have to agree to it and as soon as one is struggling they would offer a contract without that clause in it and it would all come apart.

Ritzley

Juniors
Then why pay $500K when we have someone already here that may fit that role.. Rava. Betting he'd not make as many fundamental errors in the engine room. Can see him barreling over the top of blokes with his bulk and landing some big blows in defense.
He's got a touch of the Tonie Carroll's about him hasn't he - could definitely see him in the middle making a few opponents look up before receiving a pass.....

Redhoopz

Juniors

On the other we have -
Ramsey - 185cm and 82kg
Max F - 186cm and 98kg
Mat F - 186cm and 96kg

No thanks. I don't see how Edrick Lee would be any improvement over the players we have, apart from height.

I get what you're saying.... but to be honest, I'm not worried about conceding a couple of try's off kicks to players like Topou and Saab. They score a lot of those against the other teams in the comp. I'd be more concerned about the amount of try's we leak through the middle and from silly mistakes....