What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Lethal25

Juniors
Yea thats why mbye has been punted from the tigers and has failed to cement positions at multiple clubs now...
Clearly you're not a fan of the signing and I understand it's possible the club may have been able to land a somewhat bigger fish to fill this role

But.......Mbye is going to bring a lot for our younger guys off the field. After one season the Tigers felt he was the man to be club captain which he did in 19 & 20. He also put his hand up and said to Tigers management that he didn't believe he was delivering on the $800k they were paying him and he didn't want to stand in the way of club developing some of the younger guys. How many players in the league would have done that? He represents a lot of good values which obviously his former club saw and we also see. Maybe he's not going to be the dynamic match winner off the bench but he's not getting paid the money to be that person, but I feel positive that he will be the ultimate team guy and do everything to make this club successful.

And for the record, he was poached from the Dogs which is where he started and we don't know if he chose to leave the Tigers or they told him no contract was going to be there.

St Tangles

Bench
One example Mybe can give the younger kids is with a mega deal there is massive responsibility on you and great scrutiny from everyone else

He probably wishes he stayed at the Bulldogs for a bit less money he played well there

RedVDave

First Grade
I keep seeing the same people put Hunt at 9 and believe that we can sign Kikau and Smith for 2022

none of those things will happen

Hunt will stay at 7
No chance in hell of Brandon Smith joining
Only chance of Kikau joining is for 2023
I find some people get an idea in their head and just obsess about it and don't let it go, people have been beating the Ben Hunt drum for years, it won't happen if the coach wanted him there McCullough wouldn't of been signed long term.

Dragon David

First Grade
I find some people get an idea in their head and just obsess about it and don't let it go, people have been beating the Ben Hunt drum for years, it won't happen if the coach wanted him there McCullough wouldn't of been signed long term.
Hunt is on very good money. Why would Hook put him in the hooking role? It would not make economical sense. If Mbye/Macca/Sullivan/? have turns in that position at a much lower cost then Hunt should be left to play what we signed him for and that is the half back.

No need to bring this up again in the future.

RedVDave

First Grade
Hunt is on very good money. Why would Hook put him in the hooking role? It would not make economical sense. If Mbye/Macca/Sullivan/? have turns in that position at a much lower cost then Hunt should be left to play what we signed him for and that is the half back.

Exactly my point but I guarantee it'll be mentioned again and again and again.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Macca will do fine, he can kick very well has good service and is a tackling machine. We don’t really need him to be Damien Cook, we just need a bit more spark outside him and a stint here or there with someone like Mbye or Sullivan later in the game when things open up. If Hunt, Lomax stay fit and Suli works out along with a few new forwards I can see our wingers getting plenty of good chances to shine. We only need to win a few more games next season to make the 8.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Macca will do fine, he can kick very well has good service and is a tackling machine. We don’t really need him to be Damien Cook, we just need a bit more spark outside him and a stint here or there with someone like Mbye or Sullivan later in the game when things open up. If Hunt, Lomax stay fit and Suli works out along with a few new forwards I can see our wingers getting plenty of good chances to shine. We only need to win a few more games next season to make the 8.
You are right. I think that because the last couple of months were such a shambles for us, forumites forget that we were right in the mix for a top 8 finish for most of the year, even with our underperforming forward pack. It shouldn't take a massive improvement for us to make the top 8, and I think the changes already made are a big step in that direction. Bring on 2022!

Dragon for life

Juniors

Why not?? I think it‘s his best position. Struggles for confidence sometimes in the pressure position of steering the team around and being the goto player.
Hooker allows him to pick when he wants to really get involved. And most times he makes good choices from this position.
As for the money he is on, does it really matter where he plays if it was a better option for the team. We‘re paying him regardless.
The adjustment in money could be negotiated when his contract is due to be renegotiated.
Obviously there would need to be a suitable half to make the move.

Dragon David

First Grade
Why not?? I think it‘s his best position. Struggles for confidence sometimes in the pressure position of steering the team around and being the goto player.
Hooker allows him to pick when he wants to really get involved. And most times he makes good choices from this position.
As for the money he is on, does it really matter where he plays if it was a better option for the team. We‘re paying him regardless.
The adjustment in money could be negotiated when his contract is due to be renegotiated.
It could very well be a better position for Hunt at hooker, but I don't think that Hook will play him there. He could very well end his time at the Dragons by playing hooker if Macca calls it a day and Bud Sullivan becomes the halfback. Although young Connor Muhleisen might have something to say about that.

Dragons4me

Juniors
I agree.
Sullivan has played his junior football in the halves. He has history of combination with Amone and finally reaches grade so now we're going to play him out of position at 9? I don't get it but it seems to be Dragons football.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Can kick well has good service,were watching 2 different games he stifles our attack he is to slow, good hookers have the ball out in front putting you on the advantage macca can go home hunt to hooker bud to half

boardlumps62

Juniors
Ben Hunt must be 30ish so something has to give otherwise we will lose Sullivan if he is the next big thing. I reckon he will be 14 next year resting hunt at times and mixing it up between Hunt Macca and maybe Mbye.

RedVDave

First Grade
With Sulis signature all but confirmed would you guys prefer to see him in the 2nd row or the centres?