What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

Something like that. The judge just turned and said, "I'd normally agree with you Barry, but I've just seen a video on Youtube that has forced me to re-consider my professional education and experience. You're f**ked"
Is this supposed to be directed at me? Seems over the top. Just don't read the thread.

If you don't watch YouTube videos then you aren't in a position to comment on them. Like I said earlier, it's the same as writing off all books because a Spice Girl wrote one. There's plenty to be learnt from YouTube, even for experts. Mocking those who post them only reveals your own ignorance and unwarranted arrogance. And making posts like you have here, after claiming that someone ruined the forum by honestly disagreeing about a virus, well, hard to take you seriously.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Wasn't expecting Lussick to be injured/not named, but good reward for Stone to get a start (and presumably in the middle forward mix for his second stint). After last week am expecting Smith to come on after 20 and stay at dummy half/in the spine for the remainder.

If Matterson is fit enough to play but maybe not start, then I'd expect him to come onto the bench to at least get some mins in prep for a starting spot next game. Which leaves Lane as a starting edge and Cartwright dropping out, (no major loss this week - can think about getting vaxxed instead). Kaufusi unlucky/also in the mix for following game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Late Mail: Coach Brad Arthur confirmed on Saturday that star second-rower Ryan Matterson won’t make the final cut and will remain 18th man. He also explained that lack of game time and the form of other players are the reasons behind the big call. “That’s what I think is best this week for the team,” Arthur said. “Matto’s been out for a month … We weren’t ready last year in that second final, we had three or four players that hadn’t played for two months and that was unfair on them. It’s (lack of game time) not the (main) reason, no. I just felt like the 17 that we picked this week is the best 17 for this game. There was a pack of forwards that went out there against Melbourne and mixed it with the best and did the job. I feel I need to give them the opportunity to get the job done again.” The Eels are expected to be 1-17.

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah Matterson can come back into the side after our next loss.
I am kind of glad to see BA is sticking with the players who got the job done against Melbourne, especially when we have depth and options in that position. Obviously RCG is a different issue.

Soto

Bench
I don't mind his explanation but at the same contradictory re:Matto and RCG.
In saying all that Nuikore deserves his spot and straightens our attack on that right side and I feel is much more of a handful and dangerous than Matto. His power runs can skittle defenders.
RCG inclusion is a no brainer.
Cmon you Eels. Pumped and its just over 24 hours to go before kickoff..Wish we were playing today.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Matto should be on the left. But I guess BA isn't confident he will gel there in the time available for training.

Brave call, I think his explanation is a dud. Basically rules Matto out for the finals series. Yikes.
We should belt Newcastle even with a half baked Matterson playing on the wrong side - training run for the combos and the big games to follow

BA's strong finals footy record speaks for itself?

Soto

Bench
Agree should be playing on the left. I'd have him ahead of Lane...i will say for now Coach knows best

Latest posts