What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 QF 1 Fri - Melbourne 40-12 Manly @ Sunshine Coast

Finals Week 1: Melbourne v Manly

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chippy73

Bench
Our game has always relied On other side's making mistakes and conceeding quick play the balls. We don't have the forward pack or the resolve to mix it with Melbourne and Penrith unless we get everything our way. We can't grind our way back into games like the Manly Of the 2000s. Most Manly supporters would have acknowledged that. The media have talked us up not us. We have also missed Crocker tonight. (Can't believe I'm saying that). However, I do think Melbourne would have beaten anyone tonight. Maybe Penrith can out smug them but, no one else stands a chance.
Yep, nowhere near the mongrel and grit of our 2008, 2011 and 2013 outfits. Desmonds gonna need to work on that, get Glenn Stewart, Matai and Ben Kennedy in to work with em or something.

lazza

Juniors
The only positive from the Storm's incredible season is that it has ended Cameron Smith's claims to being the greatest.

The merkins are somehow even better without the bald slug.
It's like they've all studied when to give away penalties... just entire squad is in sync on defence...when to gamble and be offside, slow play the ball down late just to get every advantage.... other coaches haven't coached this way- they're probably still training them on how to tackle a tackling bag.

t-ba

Post Whore
It's like they've all studied when to give away penalties... just entire squad is in sync on defence...when to gamble and be offside, slow play the ball down late just to get every advantage.... other coaches haven't coached this way- they're probably still training them on how to tackle a tackling bag.

Players need to start dropping the ball when six agains get held tbh.

That would be rather funny.

GongPanther

Referee
It's O.K. to fist beat sides that are nowhere near the class of three of the other top 4. But now it is the business end of the comp, and the big boppers have strolled into town.

Manly will have a second chance, but that is were it ends. Melbourne 34-18.
Near enough...

Geez, Manly were surprisingly flat. Not the match for it either.

Des will be furious they all went AWOL on him.

If this is finals footy, we are in for a complete bastard of a September.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Brandon Smith is the Storm's most important player under V'landys rules.

If he's out then the Panthers have found their window of opportunity and should win it imo.

Cletus

First Grade
Yes but they hold the ball in every tackle and slow down the play in obviously illegal ways. I just have no idea why the refs can't penalise them but they don't, when I see the Storm I feel like I'm watching WWF and it's just going to script. And it's not just the refs it's the commentators and media coverage, Dylan Walker stayed down after getting hit in the head and Nine didn't even show a replay and then he leaves the field later for HIA. There is something wrong with the NRL when they can't crack down on Melbourne's cheating when they've been doing it for years.

Hutty1986

Immortal
On current form, you'd think chooks 13+ over the oztag Titans, and they will likely beat Manly too

Latest posts