What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Now THAT is awesome BBJF!!

Hey Jim, yes mate I did have a big old chuckle when I saw it....

And for the forum..

who remembers these?

s-l400.jpg

At least some of them now have the chance to experience a turntable and vinyl records .

I gave my kids and nephews nieces a handful of tapes and a Walkman and the LOLs were hilarious.

My younger son actually asked me why we say ‘can you TAPE the footy for me?’ ‘Tape!?!’

The horror of presetting the machine and shows going over and missing the end! Or using 90 minute tape thinking it was enough and not the 120.
or DO NOT TAPE OVER - TMH’s TAPE!!!!

roofromoz

First Grade
I gave my kids and nephews nieces a handful of tapes and a Walkman and the LOLs were hilarious.

My younger son actually asked me why we say ‘can you TAPE the footy for me?’ ‘Tape!?!’

The horror of presetting the machine and shows going over and missing the end! Or using 90 minute tape thinking it was enough and not the 120.

Before the DVDs came out I had a whole box full of VHS tapes with The Simpsons on them, all of them taped from when it used to be on at 6pm after the news on Channel 10.

Before the DVDs came out I had a whole box full of VHS tapes with The Simpsons on them, all of them taped from when it used to be on at 6pm after the news on Channel 10.

haha - same here. I remember buying 4hr video tapes (which was a big deal to get that long) and had Simpsons back to back, without ads on it....

Ever do this do be able to record over a tape you'd "protected"...??

hqdefault.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade

Better half still says do you want this show taped? Still sometimes take my walkman to the beach but have only one mixed tape to play but the better half has quite a few tapes stored away somewhere, not sure whats in there apart from Bananrama's Wow album.

I still remember having the old cassette recorder and you would tape songs off the radio and i also remember taping Don Lane interviewing ABBA on the TV.
Also getting out a cotton bud and dipping it metho to clean the heads of the cassette player.

roofromoz

First Grade
I remember going to NZ for a holiday about 20 years ago with the walkman and a toiletries bag full of cassettes, mostly mix tapes but Queen's Greatest Hits Vol 1 and 2 would have been in there too. Those two in particular got a heavy workout.

The only cassette we have now is the time that my now wife was on Merrick and Rosso when they were at Nova doing one of those face your fear challenge, and her mum taped it off the radio... something to do with fish I think. She got on that show a few times actually, got driven to work one morning when they had that Datsun something a rather.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The only cassette we have now is the time that my now wife was on Merrick and Rosso when they were at Nova doing one of those face your fear challenge, and her mum taped it off the radio... something to do with fish I think. She got on that show a few times actually, got driven to work one morning when they had that Datsun something a rather.
That reminds me that we have a tape of the better half winning a horror holidays competition with Andrew Denton and Amanda Keller on Triple M years ago, the trip was to Canada and we were extending and going to the States also with it and about a month before the trip the better half was diagnosed with non hodgkin's lymphoma so we didn't end up going :(

Saffy

Juniors
Whatever era, whatever thing it is (toy, song, show, object, pass-time, whatever)

What are some of the things you remember of your childhood that may be shared by others here on LU..

Pics or clips suggest best to post. To start..

Anyone remember this from Sesame Street.. The coolest song for me as an ankle-biter and still as cool to this day IMO. I played it in the office a few weeks ago and can't tell you how many heads craned around, eyebrows raised and comments of "I remember that!".

I remember living at Hurstville just down the road from Kogarah oval ,I was lucky enough to go to all dragon matches at jubilee oval with Betty Cameron and her family they owned the tuck shop at sth Hurstville public school ,always had the same seats in old stand ,I remember the smell of lineament and getting all the autographs ( Reg ,Johnny Eddy ect) back in 60s 70s ,a lot of kids can thank the Cameron's for introducing them to the dragons, don't know what happened to the Cameron's any info appreciated thanks

I remember living at Hurstville just down the road from Kogarah oval ,I was lucky enough to go to all dragon matches at jubilee oval with Betty Cameron and her family they owned the tuck shop at sth Hurstville public school ,always had the same seats in old stand ,I remember the smell of lineament and getting all the autographs ( Reg ,Johnny Eddy ect) back in 60s 70s ,a lot of kids can thank the Cameron's for introducing them to the dragons, don't know what happened to the Cameron's any info appreciated thanks
Awesome mate. And welcome to LeagueUnlimited!

What about the dial up modems remember the sound they made, simply ear piercing...

7047e9b7bfca2b3b6f352495885e77c2-970-80.jpg.webp
Yep…

I just came back in here after seeing your quote, looking on my mobile phone……

Somehow the fax noise video I posted started, but…

My phone’s Bluetooth fired up on my Bose speaker in one of the kids rooms as she was listening to some music…interrupted by the fax squeal on full volume…

I thought “what the fxxx what that ??” And she just shat herself…

Thats the thing about throwing a boomerang, if you’re not careful, it might come back and hit you across the back of the head..

Latest posts