What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

Exsilium

First Grade
Luai is just a pedestrian now.

Staines cannot be near first grade.

The rest of the team tried their guts out but it wasn't our night.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
What I find alarming is that they didn't even play that well. It was a limp final at best.

Souths defended with gusto (I can't say they defended well, necessarily, because we threw f**k all at them all game), and Reynolds knew what he was doing with kicks in general play.

We were outthought and outcoached by a team that played a lot more committed than us. Hopefully we learn from it.

We had to beat Melbourne anyway to win the comp. It’s obviously going to be tougher without having the week off, and having to play and win a game next week, but hopefully this is our sh!t performance out of the way.

Munky

Coach
Souths shat the bed in the last ten when Luai ran the ball.

Why didn't he do it earlier? He offers nothing without his running game.

I question Ivan's ability to coach. He had shat the bed two years in a row. First with May at centre and then with his bench use tonight.

Not sure what the game plan was? Did he have one?

Exsilium

First Grade
Souths defended with gusto (I can't say they defended well, necessarily, because we threw f**k all at them all game), and Reynolds knew what he was doing with kicks in general play.

It is amazing how their line speed was so good when they've conceded eight six agains in the last fortnight for being offside but tonight, its all good.

Flashstep

Juniors
Souths completely shut us down for 80 minutes so can't complain, better team won it's as simple as that.

Honestly I was really worried about coming into this final series, we haven't even been close to our best since the Origin period, either teams just figured us out or we hit a wall, probably a bit of both. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we go out in straight sets.