What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

BxTom

Bench
Why is it bullshit? Crichton does have a lot to learn at being a fullback, and Edwards does back up well.

Of course there are a lot of other NRL fullbacks that back up well, who said that there isn’t? It’s what they should be doing. Doesn’t mean that Edwards doesn’t do it well.
"The Realist" LOL, how ironic.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Everyone vents differently, you vent by attacking fellow supporters 🤷‍♂️
I was trying to get a bit of positivity into the forum because everyone was bagging the team and at that point we still could have won. Unfortunately I allowed the beer to do my talking. Apologies, could have phrased it much more eloquently.

The_Frog

First Grade
Teams that have won the premiership after losing 1st finals game:

Cowboys 2015
Broncos 2006
Bulldogs 2004
Storm 1999
Broncos 1998
Raiders 1990
Eels 1982
Roosters 1975 (the 19 in a row side)
Roosters 1974
Balmain Tigers 1969
Rabbitohs 1968

That's 11 out of 55 (2 competitions in 1997) going back to the introduction of limited tackles. It was an easier thing to do in 5 team finals, when the minor premier went to the preliminary final if they lost their first game, and even easier in 4 team finals, when the loser of 1 and 2 went to the PF. The Cowboys in 2015 is the only time under the current format.

Last edited:

TheRiff

Juniors
Are you sure you weren’t watching the Chicken Little movie (the sky is falling, the sky is falling!) instead of the game last night?

We lost the game by 6 points. That was with Souths playing at their best, most of our stars playing at their worst, some dubious refereeing, and being a bad pass or two from winning the game.

We have another gear and so much more improvement in us to bounce back from the loss and win next week. Yet if I hadnt of watched the game, and went by just your comments, I’d think we were flogged by 50 points or more.

Last night was a continuation of the Finals games last year, Too many passengers out there. When was Martin and Capewell's last good games? Yet Ivan tries to be too cute and start them over TPJ and Kiks, Kiks should be on the left running over one Half while TPJ does the same on the other. That will create space outside while getting the pack on top.

We play a certain style through the year then try and be too fancy comed finals, So no I am yet to see this extra gear the good coached teams have

Roosters rule

Juniors
As long as you have life you have a chance.
Dust yourselves off and go harder next week. Get through that and go even harder. The Storm are beatable. They have in the past come out flat after a week off. Some didn't play last week and will have another week off next week.
You just need to play hard and take nail your chances.

TheRiff

Juniors
IF we do bomb out in disappointing fashion then still no way an NRL club will sack a coach after losing only a handful of games in two seasons... European soccer clubs might do it but not Rugby League. The most important thing is winning a premiership but if we fail to this year the club would still presume we'll be a chance for the next few years, due to the youth of our squad. I personally think it's a massive wasted opportunity if we don't win this year, especially given we won't have Burton, Capewell, TPJ etc next year but obviously Ivan won't be sacked after our the two best regular seasons in the club's history.

Hook was moved on due to not being able to finish the job, When does the same be said of Ivan?

What’s the latest with Edwards and Leota?
What is Clearys love affair with Mitch Kenny? Kenny offers nothing in attack. I would have Tago on the bench instead of Kenny. Tago offers plenty in attach compared to Kenny.

Smug Panther

First Grade
What’s the latest with Edwards and Leota?
What is Clearys love affair with Mitch Kenny? Kenny offers nothing in attack. I would have Tago on the bench instead of Kenny. Tago offers plenty in attach compared to Kenny.
Ivan is the most conservative coach in the sport. Doesn’t have the balls to take attacking risks. It's why he great at rebuilding clubs and getting them competitive but yet to show he can win on the big stage

soc123_au

Staff member
Ivan is the most conservative coach in the sport. Doesn’t have the balls to take attacking risks. It's why he great at rebuilding clubs and getting them competitive but yet to show he can win on the big stage
This. Coaches change gears for the finals. Skeletor, Robbo & Bellamy go up a gear and press the go baby go button. Ivan, Hook and Arthur knock it back to third and try and chug up the hill.

TheRiff

Juniors

Hence why despite having the most talented roster, We will never win a comp under him

Fangs

Coach
I'm not sure where we go from here. We may win next week but we look stuffed against the Storm. This team does well when they get on a roll though I'm not sure we have enough time to build momentum.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hook was moved on due to not being able to finish the job, When does the same be said of Ivan?
It's a fair question but the situations are quite different. Under Anthony Griffin, we never really looked like winning a competition and were miles behind the Storm and the Roosters. Under Cleary we are giving ourselves the best possible chance with our regular season results but due to various reasons our form is not as slick as it was pre origin and we still haven't been able to recapture top form despite getting most of our players back. Ivan will cop a lot of blame if we don't win the comp again but he has too much credit in the bank with losing just 5 games in 2 seasons so his job is very safe. If we drop our standards and start losing more games next year then that might change though.

Latest posts