What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 EF 2 Sun - Parramatta 28-20 Newcastle @ Browne

Finals Week 1: Parramatta v Newcastle

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

84 Baby

Referee
Everyone by now realises by now that if a player drops the ball intending to kick it and it touches the ground a poofteenth before he touches it with his foot then that is not a knock on per the rules. It’s not like the thing bounced back up to knee height and he volleyed it home like Zidane. The only avenue the people who still believe it was knock on have (besides a rule change which everyone always love) is that Gutho didn’t intend to kick it. And you’d have to be an idiot to think that.
And not to harp on about things, but pretty sure by letter of law, Tuala’s second try should’ve been an actual knock on

84 Baby

Referee
The biggest disappointment in this game was the commentators not getting to call Penisini probing away at Hymen Hunt trying to achieve penetration. What an opportunity blown.
All NRL clubs have at least one Penisini their team

gerg

Juniors
The biggest disappointment in this game was the commentators not getting to call Penisini probing away at Hymen Hunt trying to achieve penetration. What an opportunity blown.

The biggest disappointment for me this year was him missing the epic clash with my friend Dane in round 21. Would have been epic seeing those two go 'hell for leather'.

natheel

Coach
Everyone by now realises by now that if a player drops the ball intending to kick it and it touches the ground a poofteenth before he touches it with his foot then that is not a knock on per the rules. It’s not like the thing bounced back up to knee height and he volleyed it home like Zidane. The only avenue the people who still believe it was knock on have (besides a rule change which everyone always love) is that Gutho didn’t intend to kick it. And you’d have to be an idiot to think that.
So a knights fan?

84 Baby

Referee
Then by your interpretation no player would ever have legitimately kicked a field goal :rolleyes:
Huh?
I’m talking about the one where he gathered the kick then bobbled it and grounded it with it wedged against his leg and the “control” he had with left hand was very slim. Pretty sure the interpretation is he can’t regain control of the ball with his thigh.
I’m fine with it being a try, mainly because if he didn’t actually pick it up but just mushed it into the ground, there’s less onus on ball control which is just a quirk in the rules, but in the context of the Gutho “knock-on”, Tuala’s was way more dubious.